July 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change - 11/15

Ticker change it is, babay!

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments next week? 

4. Rants, raves, questions? 

5. GTKY - What hobby would you get into if time/money weren't an issue?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 11/15

• Options
    7 weeks! I made it! Baby is a wee raspberry, a Berlingot candy, a playing die, or a Brookesia micra chameleon, according to Ovia. 

2. How are you feeling? 
    Pretty sick most of the time, it's hard to eat. But I'm emotionally better that I thought I'd be. I'm a few days away from when I lost my last baby, and while I don't guarantee how I'll feel in the next few days, I'm not as anxious as I thought I'd be. I haven't POAS in a week!

Going back Monday afternoon to see the baby again. Hope to see more than a yolk sac this time, and actually get to see my baby.

My boobs are bigger and I hate it. I'm not sure what to do. I was a 40 G/H before, and it's already hard to find bras that fit. I can't wear a bra and sleep but my breasts are so sore, I'm having trouble sleeping regardless. I need to find some soft bras for bed, but there's such a disparity between my boobs and band size it always feels like a fool's errand. 

Take up more instruments, for sure. I really want to learn guitar and bass, and buy a clarinet so I can re-learn how to play, but it's severely cost prohibitive. 
    I'd also love to paint more. Like, seriously, not just a piece here and there for a friend or decoration. But that takes time I currently just don't have. 
  • Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    edited November 2017

7 weeks, a blueberry 

2. How are you feeling? Yesterday was AWFUL.  I had to call my dr. and get a RX for some anti headache/nausea meds.  Today I am feeling much better, back to just mild nausea, sore boobs, and occasional nausea/light headedness.  

3. Any appointments next week? Nope, one more week!  Nov. 27th.  I should be almost 9 weeks by then so hoping for a good appointment.  I know I will have some anxiety as the date creeps closer. 

4. Rants, raves, questions?  Rave-my 5 year old has been so cute since we told him on Saturday that he is going to be a big brother.  He asks how big the baby is everyday, loves to look at the app so he can see what fruit goes with what week, and just generally has a million questions about it.  It's adorable.  He also kisses my belly every night before he goes to bed.   <3
    ETA my Rant--Why does the thought of every vegetable make my stomach turn over?  Luckily I can hide them in other things (I have become an expert at that over the last 5 years), but I usually love oven roasted veggies.  Nope, not now!

5. GTKY - What hobby would you get into if time/money weren't an issue?  Hmm, this is a tough one. It's a toss up between hiking (I would love to spend all of my time hiking in national parks) and music.  I love to sing and used to perform in local musical theater, but time doesn't allow now that I have a full time job.  I have also always dreamed of singing in a cover band if I ever have the time for it....  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stlmegs No way! Musical theater nerd here, too! AND I was almost the singer an all-girl cover band when I was 19, but couldn't afford the studio fees.  You should come visit CO. Every home has a hiking trail in it's back yard.
  • Options

7! Blueberry or raspberry.

2. How are you feeling? 

Awful. Nausea from the time I wake up until about 4pm. Yesterday I worked from home and didn't feel great but didn't throw up. Today I'm in the office and had to make an escape to the bathroom on the empty floor below us so I could puke in peace. I had nausea with DS but only at dinner time which was much more manageable than mid workday.

Tuesday the 21st! All my symptoms are giving me confidence that everything is progressing well so I'm trying to push pgal brain away, but also don't want to get blindsided. Just ready for it to be Tuesday! 

Rave...I have a work dinner tonight which means free fancy food. Hoping that my appetite shows up.

Rant...My FIL asked me how I'm feeling and I told him I've been dealing with MS. His response in an alarmed tone  "Shouldn't you see your doctor, is everything okay with the baby?" WTF man, MS is normal please don't cause unnecessary panic. 

Probably photography. I love taking pictures but haven't had the time to learn my camera and editing software like I'd like to. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia have you tried sports bras to sleep in? I actually found one at walmart I really like, I'll try to find the link. They are so stretchy so I don't think the band/cup disparity would matter as much. 
  • Options
    @amylu914 That's a good idea. I usually stay away from non-structured sports bras because they give no support for me, but I didn't think about them for sleep. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? - 5 weeks, apple seed

2. How are you feeling? - anxious. TW** I had some spotting today so I went in for betas. PGAL brain is trying to take over but I'm trying to stay zen**/TW

3. Any appointments next week? - betas today and Friday. Viability/dating US in a couple weeks. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? - why can't I just have an uneventful pregnancy?!

5. GTKY - What hobby would you get into if time/money weren't an issue? -I want to refinish furniture and also learn to sew!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @comealongponds I'm praying for you! Can't wait to her how good your betas look soon!
  • Options
    @stlmegs No way! Musical theater nerd here, too! AND I was almost the singer an all-girl cover band when I was 19, but couldn't afford the studio fees.  You should come visit CO. Every home has a hiking trail in it's back yard.
    Squeeeee!!!!  Oh my gosh I feel like I need to come visit you.  We can go hiking and then start our OWN band!  We can start a Kickstarter for our studio fees.  

For real though, my husband does want to move to CO someday.  I work in healthcare and there are hospitals everywhere so it's a possibility.  I would definitely not be opposed to it.  After spending a week in the mountains earlier this Summer up in the PNW I realized life is to short to be lived in Missouri.  No offense MO.......
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @comealongponds allllll the positive thoughts coming your way. 
  • Options
    @stlmegs Dude, if you love forests and mountains nothing beats the PNW. I need more sunshine than they get there, so it was CO for me if CA wasn't in the budget anymore. But yes, it is gorgeous. My sister just moved to Washington, and while I could never hang with the rain, the pictures she sends are amazing. She and her husband are big hikers, so they get out there into it. 
  • Options
    7 weeks, blueberry
    2. How are you feeling? 
    I sort of wish I felt worse? I'm tired and vaguely nauseous and my boobs sort of hurt. My PGAL brain would like to be sicker.
    Nope, not til December 1st so I can pay for the flight to the doctor.
    Doing Mandatory Reporting training at school today. People and what too many of the do to kids suck.
    I would sew and knit and crochet all the time.
  • Options
    7 weeks!  Made it past the point of my prior loss and am so happy.

2. How are you feeling? 
    Insanely tired all the time.  I didn't know it was possible to feel this tired.  Certain foods seem really gross (eggs - yuck) and anything salty is suddenly really appealing.  A little queasy and did a little dry heaving after a cab ride to the airport yesterday, but I totally survived my day trip out of town and am thrilled.

Monday the 20th for US.  Counting the days and hoping my DH doesn't have to go in for jury duty (he has to call in the night before).

Rave - Not a lot of meetings today and I get to go home and eat leftovers and watch 30 Rock.  Sometimes having no plans is great.  Rant - It's dark at 5 pm these days.  Ugh.

I'd buy a super nice camera (all I have is my 3.5 year old phone, which no longer zooms properly...) and take photography lessons someplace in nature.  I'd also buy a car (and pay for off-street parking!) to be able to go hiking and take those scenic outdoor shots.  
  • Options
    amylu914 Do you have a nice camera?  I'm wondering if I should try to save up for one, or if it's better to save up to buy a new phone that might have more settings.
  • Options
    @adventuresawait1 we got a Canon digital camera with all the fancy lenses as a wedding present. I used it on our honeymoon and haven't used it since, mainly because I didn't take the time to figure out how to work it aside from point and shoot. I recently got a new phone (Samsung Note 8) and I have to say it takes really incredible pictures. 
  • Options
    @amylu914 good to know the Samsung note 8 take good pictures!
  • Options
     How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 
    4 weeks, baby is a poppyseed
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Tired, so tired. And so nauseous. Had labs drawn today because I have a feeling this pregnancy is coming to an end. Haven't started bleeding, but tests are so light I'm expecting to get negative betas.
     Nope, not until December 13 if baby sticks 
    So mad at my lack of self control with testing.
    G
    lass blowing
  • Options
    @junabugtunabug step away from the tests! FX for reassuring betas! 
  • Options
    amylu914 said:
    @junabugtunabug step away from the tests! FX for reassuring betas! 
    Believe me, I've told myself that 100 times. I wish I had the beta results today, but it's going to be 24 to 48 hours. Not sure of I should get a second draw done, it may depend on the results.... Any thoughts? 
  • Options
    @junabugtunabug I bet your doctor will make that call based on the results. If your levels are in range with how far along you are then that might be good enough. 
  • Options
     @amylu914 the doctors around here don't order labs. I scheduled them for myself so I have peace of mind. I even switched practices(due to this one being much closer to home) and they are the same. They also won't see you until close to 2nd tri. I'll be something like 11 weeks if all goes well.
  • Options
    I’m late again but I want to join in this week!
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 6 weeks! A grain of rice or something?

2. How are you feeling? Mildly nauseous all the time and I have NO energy. I do not remember feeling tired like this last time and I was definitely not nauseous.

Not till the 28th!

My 3 1/2 year olds behavior had been atrocious lately and I’m so burnt on on it. My husband is working a ton, great because we need the Monday, but awful because I need a break. 

hiking/mountaineering.

my goal after the kids are older is to hike the 48 4K peaks in NH. I dream of climbing big mountains. I visited my friend in the canadian Rockies and I’m obsessed. 

Pregnancy Ticker