February 2018 Moms
Options

STM- when did you give birth?

2»

Re: STM- when did you give birth?

• Options
    @psm2462 first baby was born at 2 days early.
    Second baby was induced 5 days late
    Third baby was born 4 days early
    Fourth baby was induced at 12 days late

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @psm2462

1st water broke at 36 weeks. 
    2nd labored 40 weeks,  water didn't break until later in the process
    3rd and 4th induced at 39 weeks ( dr. Was worried babies would be large due to Previous babies sizes.)
    5th *tw* 26 weeks stillborn induced 
    6th  labored 40 weeks labor didn't break until later on the process. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is totally random and as a FTM I just don't know, but did anyone's water break / go into labor while they were asleep? Does that happen? I also find it interesting that it trends towards early, and even my other friend who's a FTM was 2 weeks early. Jan/Feb will be interesting months!
  • Options
    katefb17katefb17 member
    edited November 2017
    @clc515 my water *technically* broke while I was asleep-- I really just sprung a leak, and it was enough that I noticed when I got up in the middle of the night to pee! It was not the sort of water breaking you see in movies, by any stretch. When I got to the hospital they did three separate tests to figure out if my water had actually broken, and then finally did an US and saw that it had formed a secondary sac which was preventing the rest of the membranes from breaking. Contractions were fairly light for the first 20 hours, and then I started pitocin. They swept my membranes at about 26 hours, water broke the rest of the way (much more dramatically, I might add!), DD was born about a half hour later.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    clc515 said?
    This is totally random and as a FTM I just don't know, but did anyone's water break / go into labor while they were asleep? Does that happen? I also find it interesting that it trends towards early, and even my other friend who's a FTM was 2 weeks early. Jan/Feb will be interesting months!
    All 3 times, my water has broken at the hospital (only one was spontaneous.) I did wake up with contactions with my first, but 2nd started in the evening and 3rd started in the afternoon.

When I was born, my mom woke up from a nap in active labor, water broke in the car, and I was born soon after getting to the hospital. I'm the only one out of 5 kids that her labor onset was that sudden, though.
  • Options
    clc515 - spontaneous ROM only occurs in 10% of pregnancies. It's not as common as portrayed in TV and movies. I only experienced SROM with #5 when I woke up to use the bathroom. It happened as I was rolling out of bed, but it wasn't a massive gush or anything, more of a leak, and it continued to leak and I wore a pad. Clear fluid and somewhat sweet smelling.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @clc515, my water broke when I was in that half asleep state. I was trying to sleep between my contractions and I felt a pop. I sprung out of bed and ran to the bathroom (which luckily was only a few steps away). I did have the big gush like in the movies, but it was luckily a second after I felt the pop and ran. It is very rare for it to happen that way though. 
  • Options
    I felt a pop when my water broke. I jumped out of bed and checked and said oh I thought my water broke because there was nothing on the bed but my ex H said my pants were soaked. I changed and kept leaking not even a pad would contain it. I should have bought waterproof covers for the car because the waterproof mattress liner never got tested. 
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    My water broke when I was asleep. I felt it and woke up. It was like someone snapped a rubber band inside me. I felt a pop and then warm fluid. I hobbled to the bathroom and got a towel to put between my legs then woke DH up. 
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    My water broke when I was asleep. I felt it and woke up. It was like someone snapped a rubber band inside me. I felt a pop and then warm fluid. I hobbled to the bathroom and got a towel to put between my legs then woke DH up. 
    This. Has happened to me both times - I had no idea I was in labor until my water broke. First time it woke me up at 1:00 in the morning; 2nd time it was right after I had went to bed so I wasn’t really asleep yet. Statistically, I’m an anomaly. Curious to see what baby #3 will do!
  • Options
    rmarie13rmarie13 member
    edited November 2017
    I voted right on the nose because I went into labor the morning after my EDD and delivered her that night.
  • Options
    I went into labor the Sunday night before he was due and had an emergency c- section on the morning of his due date (Tuesday). The doctor ruptured my waters Monday afternoon to help labor progress. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    I voted “a few days before due date.” Technically my first was a scheduled eviction. He was breech so they scheduled me for a c-section at 39 weeks 1 days. So he came 6 days early. When I got to the hospital for my scheduled procedure, I was having contractions two minutes apart and didn’t know it. The nurses told me it’s very likely he would have been born that day either way.

This time around, I’m hopeful I make it to my scheduled c section which we will put on the books next visit. I’m aiming for 38 weeks but I feel like it might happen before then. 
  • Options
    DD was induced at 40+4 and born via C-section
    DS was a VBAC at 41+6
  • Options
    Induced two days before my due date. I was already in early labor and my back labor was horrible!! But at my normal weekly check up my DD wasn’t moving much so they sent me in. She was born the next morning so 1 day early!