May 2018 Moms

Slow board?

sandbar517sandbar517 member
edited November 2017 in May 2018 Moms
Should we bring back EITHER the day of the week ticker change OR the daily check in?  Either way, we'll try to add new/different questions so it's not totally redundant.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Slow board? 37 votes

Day of the Week Ticker Change
27% 10 votes
Daily Check In
13% 5 votes
The board is fine as is, stop asking!!!
59% 22 votes

Re: Slow board?

• Loading the player...
  • @Ceridwen21, the drama across the bump seems to be a lot less than it was my last go. I think they cracked down too hard on fun snark.
  • @suchaglencoco I’m not running out of ideas, I just keep forgetting to post them... But it would definitely be cool if other people posted them once in a while too :tongue:
  • @ivyvines6, good to know!  Haha. I just know I've been struggling to come up with ones for the physical checkin.
  • I agree the board is a little slow, however I’m guilty of being “slow” lately to post. After that three day bump glitch where I couldn’t log in, I kinda lost my mojo. I do keep up with everyone though! 

Anyways. I don’t think the check ins are the problem. I think it’s just tough to get people to converse regularly, you can’t really force it. Just one woman’s opinion. 

• sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
    edited November 2017
    The best parts of the board are where organic conversation and engagement happen. When it's too formal or structured people post and ghost. I don't think more structured threads will help that. 

Personally I'm not a fan of drama so I'm glad we don't have much of that! It's fine laughing at other BMB's but when I come home I want to feel relaxed and supported not attacked and judged. 
    I totally agree.  I like the random organic conversations we have. I usually get involved with answering the questions on the board but it's also nice to have random back and forth (like this whole thread). 
    I've had some real busy days where I can't get on and then days thay are slow at work and I'm checking here nonstop lol. Maybe we just need to get into a rythym with some of the threads and keep encouraging people to post (especially newbies). I was very quiet at the beginning because I didn't know if I could or should chime in. 
  • TBH, the app can suck a bag of dicks and that is what holds me back from posting 99% of the time. I don't have the luxury of being able to bump on a laptop so I'm constantly fighting the POS app and, more often than not, I get pissed off and move on. 

I'm doing my best to post when I can so I can survive until we make a move to Facebook. I understand that this may not be the goal for most people here, but it is for me. I'm probably ruined from my June '15 Facebook group forever. 
    Can you use mobile browser? That's what I use.
  • @charlestonchew That pisses me off even more. Too much scrolling side to side. 

See? I'm ruined.  :D:D
    I don't have to scroll side to side...what kind of phone do you have?
  • @thedawkterswife I have mine set on mobile when I'm viewing it in my browser. I can click on something that changes it to desk top and it makes it super tiny and I think I have to scroll like you said. Maybe you're not actually using mobile? I have an LG phone but when I had my Samsung it had the same settings...it's been awhile since I had an Iphone though so I don't remember.
  • @charlestonchew Samsung galaxy something or another. 
    Can you check that your settings are right? I can google it for you as well and ask DH. We used to have Samsung about 6 months ago.
  • @thedawkterswife okay upon googling it looks like if you have a newer version of Samsung Galaxy there should be a "more" button in the top right of your browser and there is a drop down list with a button that says "desktop view". If you are in desktop view you can click "more" and there is a button that says "mobile view". You want mobile view. Desktop view is going to make you have to scroll left and right.
  • @thedawkterswife yeah mobile still sucks a bit for me but the app is even worse because every time I hit back to the main page it doesn't show me the yellow things that say whether I've read a thread or not. All in all I always prefer being on desk top but mobile allows me to participate during the day at work.
  • ivyvines6 said:
    I don’t understand the hate of the bump app. It’s all I’ve ever used, but the one time I used a laptop I hated everything about it.
    I only use the app too and although there was that one big issue where noone could log on it's been great 
  • I also find the app to be sooo frustrating and glitchy!  

• I'd love to contribute more and really feel like I get to know people, but my time is also limited now that I have a toddler and SAH. Work gave me many more opportunities to obsessively check TB! I haven't been reading most of the randoms and gtky, but I'll start trying to do more.
    BabyFruit Ticker