July 2018 Moms
Options

TMI

hi everyone,

I have some light cramps with brown discharge. I’m very worried.. my doctor already suspects my pregnancy will end with a miscarriage because my hcg levels are not doubling. I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looked great with a heartbeat of 125 but these cramps and brown discharge is really freaking me out. 

Re: TMI

• Options
    brown is old blood so it could be okay. try to remain calm 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I spotted all first tri with my son and had to be on bedrest. I think brown is not a huge red flag as pink or red blood. Do you have a follow up appointment soon? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also had spotting in the first tri with my son. I hope it’s notmal for you also! Prayers for a sticky baby!
  • Options
    I had spotting on my first trimester. It happened once after sex. I am high risk, so my doctor told us to hold off until 2nd trimester. Best of luck to you and praying your numbers pick up
  • Options
    I've heard brown blood = benign, fresh blood = cause for concern. And are they true cramps, or just tightness or a kind of localized pain that moves around? Round ligament pain can feel like cramping when it's bad, if you've never experienced them before (and sometimes even if you have). The ultrasound syesterday should give you reassurance but if you're worried call your doctor. You're your best advocate, and if you have a feeling something is off, go bug them! Good luck! Let us know how you do, and I'll be praying for you. 
  • Options
    I spotted brown blood in my first pregnancy, and cramped with all of them including this one. And like other said brown blood is old blood. All of that is so common, how far along are you? 125 bpm sounds like a great heartbeat for this stage too. As far as your hcg, I'm no doctor but I have read that as long as the number double at least ~66% in two days the pregnancy can still be viable. I know it's easier said than done but try and stay calm and good luck! 
  • Options
    Another one who spotted around this time my first pregnancy! Also, what @christycalifornia said....brown blood is not near as worrisome as red blood. And FWIW, my bleeding around this time last time was bright red. Very scary but everything turned out ok. I know it’s tough, but try to stay calm. This “wait and see” game in early pregnancy is so awful.
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs I’m 6w2d based on ultrasound. My numbers are not even close to doubling but my doctor said my ultrasound is fantastic. So it’s just a waiting game.

Thanks for making me feel better ladies.I️ know it’s a waiting game it’s just really hard to stay clam. 

• Options
    If your ultrasound was internal, it could be old blood from that, the cramps too, those internals are no fun!

Stay positive mama!