July 2018 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC

Not always Flame Free
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC

• Options
    I snapped at my kiddo this morning. she wouldnt stop pulling my hair. i feel bad but dang it hurt and she wouldnt stop with "lets be gentle" 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hillbillywife that is some absolute winning!

• Options
    DH brought cupcakes home from work late last night. I may have hidden them from DS when he woke up this morning and eaten one while I was blow drying my hair. 

And then we had donuts for breakfast. I'm thinking cake for dinner. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia i just spit out my juice!! haha! 

• Options
    here is another one. I dont understand gender disappointment like true deep disappointment. 

• Options
    here is another one. I dont understand gender disappointment like true deep disappointment. 
    This! I don't get it! I work in a women's shelter, a girl last week went back to live with her abuser because she found out her baby was a boy and "didn't care anymore." It's a slap in the face to anyone struggling to have children. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada exactly! I mean would it be nice to have a boy this time? sure! would I be disappointed? no way! I think you can feel sad for an hour than get over it and grt excited for the child you are having 

• Options
    @christycalifornia I completely get your point of view my point is based on the shallow superficial posts ive seen on WTE and on here in the past. for example a mom saying she "only wanted a girl because she wanted to dress her up and wear matching outfits" etc. 

• Options
    edited November 2017
    My confession: I mentioned in another thread that we're in a tighter financial spot than is comfortable right now. We just had some really bad news yesterday about yet another large, ongoing expense that we may be burdened with for up to a year. Today's my birthday and I'd already told The Man not to get me a present to save money, but now I'm feeling really guilty because we had to cancel what little plans we had to make it through the week and I'm just so disappointed. It's such a first world problem and I feel like I should be focused on the good, but I just get so bummed when I have to cancel things I was looking forward to. I feel like an ungrateful baby, who should just suck it up and enjoy that I'm having a cake with my husband and daughter tonight, but instead I'm sitting in my car crying and feeling sorry for myself. FWP, Party of one, please. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia that was beautiful and really well put. Most of the people with really true deep seeded disappointment probably have real reasons behind it that I would never understand. 
    Its the petty stuff that I just can't get behind. 
    I personally would love a girl and would prefer one, but I'm also coming around to the idea of being a boy mom. DH has all brothers so I wouldn't be surprised. 
  • Options
    It's my husbands birthday and I haven't even gotten him a card
  • Options
    I'm so sorry mama. Today is my husband a birthday and were in a similar position. I won't really be abme to get him more than a card. Not to mention we both work all night.
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I get that. I've seen those moms, too. Or moms who say they don't want a girl because they're hard as teenagers. Um, what??? That one makes me see red. 
  • Options
    @danrud36 It sucks. I'm sorry you're there, too. Happy birthday to him, still! I feel ya, this is probably just as hard on my husband as on me, I know he feels badly.  
  • Options
    acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited November 2017
    @christycalifornia both sexes have their struggles! This is totally unrealistic but I was/am worried about my screwing up DS and having him grow up to be some sort of sexual deviant or serial killer. I watch too much true crime. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia we have just been hit with some really shitty bad luck lately. We moved into a bigger place while we wait to buy a house and brought my mom along. She got upset and decided to move out leaving us with a 1350$ rent to pay and all the bills. We are literally just making it with absolutly no extra money
  • Options
    @christycalifornia i hope you have a good birthday! that has been us the last few years. its hard :( hope he surprises you in a
    small way! 

• Options
    @bdesterhouse Hugs, honey honey. I can't gif for some reason, but I'm sending you a Joey and Chandler hug.
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse im so sorry for your loss. I definitely understand your feelings. my comment was purely towards the superficial reasons, not true and deep feelings like yours. 

• Options
    @danrud36 Um, that's really weird. Like, literally that's exactly what happened to us. We bought instead of rented, but that same situation is what started off this whole year of cost and debt. I'm having a serious twilight zone moment. Also, I'm so sorry. If it went down anything like mine did, that must have been a tough break. 
  • Options
    @danrud36 that sucks so much! im sorry! 

• Options
    @christycalifornia both sexes have their struggles! This is totally unrealistic but I was/am worried about my screwing up DS and having him grow up to be some sort of sexual deviant or serial killer. I watch too much true crime. 
    Liking because you made me laugh!! :D He's gonna be great; he has you for a mom! That was seriously funny, though.
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse I hope you didn't take offense to anything I said, I did not mean any harm. I can't say that I understand what you're going through because I haven't been there myself and I couldn't imagine. But thank you for sharing your story. Sincerely. 
  • Options
    No offense was taken by the opinion, because the superficial reasons for wanting a girl or boy is messed up. I just wanted people to realize that it's not always superficial reasons that people would like to have a girl vs boy or  vise versa. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @christycalifornia I would guess it prob dud. I truly didn't think we could afford it on our own. But we are. Somehow. We're both working 7 days a week now but I just keep trying to tell myself that it is temporary and we will be in a better place. Judt trying to work up the nerve to talk to our landlord. Our lease states that we would he responsible for any back rent until she found someone if we broke our lease but were hoping to ask her to look for someone now and then we will move out when she does. She is a very wonderful Christian lady not to mention i don't want to have to move when I'm 9 freaking months pregnant
  • Options
    @danrud36 ooh, I'll cross fingers and pray that conversation goes well! I'd hope with enough notice shed be willing to help you all out. And yeah, no. Moving 9 months pregnant....I mean you do what you gotta do, but avoid that if possible!
  • Options
    No offense was taken by the opinion, because the superficial reasons for wanting a girl or boy is messed up. I just wanted people to realize that it's not always superficial reasons that people would like to have a girl vs boy or  vise versa. 
    I'd wager some superficial reasons may be hiding deeper ones, and maybe people don't feel comfortable enough to be vulnerable with how they feel. But I'll agree for sure the silly reasons like playing dress up or what have you when they're expressed that way make me roll my eyes. 
  • Options
    @danrud36 moving at 9 months pregnant sounds like hell! 

• Options
    @danrud36 moving at 9 months pregnant sounds like hell! 
    Yes...yea it does
  • Options
    @christycalifornia
    Happy Birthday fellow Scorpio!
    My 40th Birthday and 11th Wedding Anniversary is next Friday and I will be traveling with the volleyball team I coach. Even if I wasn't traveling my hubby would not be getting me a gift. We have not had the money for gifts for each other really forever. I coach volleyball for the extra bump in my check I get December 1st and it will pay for Christmas for my boys. 

FFFC: I keep hoping my hubby will go to bed early so I don't have to fool around. I have no libido and no energy with the extra progesterone and ********TW  previous losses I just don't feel comfortable having sex in the 1st trimester. ***********
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday and first wedding anniversary and we’re also tighter than expected. Had to drain savings for a home repair that couldn’t have come at a worse time. @christycalifornia
    Hubs figured out a sleepover for the kids so we could have dinner and private time at home, but I still got him a small gift. And I know I’m going to feel disappointed if the gesture isn’t reciprocated. 
  • Options
    Also, I’m going to make 2 cakes so I don’t have to share my favorite one with hubs or the kiddos. No shame. 
  • Options
    Thanks @AKFarmerBecky and @acunamatada!

@karasmile Girl, you go on with your two cakes! No shame in your game!