July 2018 Moms

Plus Size Mama Check-In 11/8

how is everyone doing? 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Plus Size Mama Check-In 11/8

• Good so far! Feeling kinda nauseous which makes me nervous. Haven’t ever been nauseous during pregnancy before.
  • @hillbillywife yeah the nausea has set in for me too. i dont have a lot of an appetite really either. 

• Loading the player...
  • YES!! This is my CHECK-IN!! Let all the big boob stories and frustrating hunts for mat clothes commence!
  • @christycalifornia cracking up over the big boob stories. I was trying something on in front of my SIL and she looks at me and says oh I'm sorry but they are already bigger.....FML

besides that I am feeling pretty good. I figured out my pre-Natals were making me nauseous (same thing happened with my first) so I started taking them at night and have had no issues.
  • @christycalifornia I like for reals need you to be my friend. 

As for feeling.... belch! Was awesome yesterday. Clock ticks over to 6weeks today and ohmygawd I want to HURL so bad. Almost actually had morning sickness this morning, which I have never ever had. 

And the titty fairy has already started to visit me too. The only bras I own that "fit" currently are saggy old sports bras. Not a good look. My girls are awesome when they are lifted and perky looking. Flat and smooshed to my chest... Um, no!
  • It's hit and miss, this morning I woke up just fine as if I wasn't even pregnant (talk about mini unnecessary panick attack) but as the day has progressed, I feel icky. Not sick, but not right either. I have some slight cramping, I'm pretty confident its my uterus saying lets make room for this growing baby.  

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    I tried on some of my maternity clothes from my past pregnancies to see if I can give some to my friends who are pregnant (and smaller) than me. It’s stupid how un-maternity most of them look on me. The only way you’d know is by the rouching on the side lol
  • @AKFarmerBecky*swish, friend spell commence* Done!

@bubby15 Oh. My. Gosh. I KNOW!!! I didn't have ANY boob growth last pregnancy. Then I went up THREE CUP SIZES after giving birth and they never went back. THREE!!! I was already an E/F!!!! I cried. I was hoping for another nada during this pregnancy. but already this time my cups are overflowing. I have to buy new bras.  :s  :s  :s And we all know big-boob bras aren't cheap! And The Man is no help. I asked him if I looked bigger and he was like "honestly babe, at this point they're too big to tell." Murder. :D 

No tea no shade, the SECOND I'm done having babies and breastfeeding I'm taking my PCP and Chiropractor up on their offer to vouch for insurance and getting a reduction.
  • @christycalifornia. Yes!!!!! How can they get ANY bigger!!! I'm currently an F and am terrified. I tell my DH once we're done with kids I'm going on for a reduction no if ands or buts, he begs to differ. I swear he only married me for my tits HA!
  • Hey! I’m new here! This Is my first post and hello ladies!!!!! I was just thinking that I’d love to start a plus size post! I’m lurking for now until I figure this all out! Anyway, nice to meet you all I’m a FTM and neurotic already lol
  • catftm2018  nice to meet you! Head over to introdcutions and introduce yourself, we'd love to get to know you. :) 

• catftm2018  don't listen to me. I see you did that already.  :#

• Thank you! No worries!
  • Hey everyone! I'm doing okay! The nausea has set in for my especially this week. Haven't actually thrown up yet, but I've been really gaggy and Nauseous especially in the morning and then randomly throughout the day. oh and sooo tired! 
    Anniversary
  • Hey all! I’m just tired AF. The nausea is kinda starting to sneak up but not bad yet. 
    I was super emotional yesterday about gaining weight this time. My first pregnancy I felt so amazing. I’d never felt so confident but then I never lost the weight so I’m feeling a little dumpy right now. I’m chalking most of it up to those hormones...
  • im glad for this post. I was super self conscious most of my first pregnancy and already feeling some of that way already! 

• im glad for this post. I was super self conscious most of my first pregnancy and already feeling some of that way already! 
    Me too! I always feel a little out of place, so it’s nice to have a little spot where I’m relatable!
  • I cant battle the nausea, it's turning into an ever other say thing, and the bloating is killing me all of my pants are SO tight! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @wysmom14 I feel so bloated too. I feel like I drank a whole bottle of water all the time. My pants I think still fit the same but everyday I rush home to put on leggings! 

Any STM can help on where to get maternity clothes and how soon do us Plus size ladies need them? 
  • @catftm2018 I'm really hoping there are better options than the minimal styles for plus carried at Motherhood Maternity, but I haven't looked into any yet. Really, 4.5 years ago, the options were pretty abysmal. I think Target's expanded their line a bit, especially online, but in my experience they tend to fit plus figures that don't have ample bosoms. 
    As far as when we need them, luckily not soon. I got pregnant in July last time, and didn't buy true maternity clothes until November, and then it was just two pairs of jeans. Every body is different, but you can get away with using a hair tie in your pants loop for a while, and belly bands after that. I only went up the different tiers when my regular clothes became uncomfortable, and didn't have to do a ton for tops until the end because I didn't show much. I just stole a lot of my husband's t-shirts and bought a couple blouses for work. ;) So just pay attention to your body, and buy things as needed for your own comfort. 
  • zulily usually has a big variety of maternity clothes and sizes also they tend to be cheaper. 

• I've never been good at shopping Zulily but I've heard of it. Is it just like a normal shop?
  • I’m so bloated and just want to wear yoga pants to work until I’m ready for maternity clothing. I’m sure my boss would let me but that means I’d have to share the news and I’m just not ready to do that yet.
  • I've never been good at shopping Zulily but I've heard of it. Is it just like a normal shop?
    No, not like a normal shop. They can be hit or miss in my experience and it takes 3-6 weeks for most stuff to come in. You can get really great deals on things, but it would not be wise to buy seasonal styles once the season has started as it may be over by the time you actually get it. 
  • I just intro'd and am jumping in this check-in, because I definitely go here. I bought most of my maternity clothes last time around at Old Navy. I can't remember how the sizing works, but I am a XXL in most of their "normal" clothes and found lots of cute stuff. They have great sales!
  • @amylu914 same. I love old navy maternity. It’s more affordable than a lot of other places. I guess it’d only work if you were up to an xxl but if that’s you then it’s awsome!
  • @amylu914 Thank you! I'd forgotten about Old Navy! They had some great summer dresses and shirts.
  • Thank you @christycalifornia @lindseyleigh1989 @amylu914 that is super helpful!!!! Good to know I probably won’t  need them for a while! Also I’m hoping to get away with wearing lots of dresses lol
  • I cant wait to go to Old navy to get winter maternity clothes. I looked in target and tjey didn't have any dress pants all jeans, I love target but it was so disappointing. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Any other mommas already having back pain? It’s not sharp pain, it’s like a severely sore back from too much activity. I feel like it’s to early to be this sore. My husband is worried I’ll be on bed rest before I’m even half way through due to my back. I’m 5’ and weighed 223lbs yesterday. I’m getting kind of worried and mad at myself for not taking dieting and excercise more seriously before I got pregnant.

• @bdesterhouse I'm not, but I'm scared of it. Sciatica was my biggest problem last pregnancy, and my back has been a lifelong achellis heel. Can you see a chiropractor? My sis had bad back pain during her pregnancy, and she's at a very healthy weight, and she said it saved her. 
  • @bdesterhouse I'm not, but I'm scared of it. Sciatica was my biggest problem last pregnancy, and my back has been a lifelong achellis heel. Can you see a chiropractor? My sis had bad back pain during her pregnancy, and she's at a very healthy weight, and she said it saved her. 
    My husband popped my back and you could it pop all the way down. I might have to think about seeing one this time around. 

• Any other mommas already having back pain? It’s not sharp pain, it’s like a severely sore back from too much activity. I feel like it’s to early to be this sore. My husband is worried I’ll be on bed rest before I’m even half way through due to my back. I’m 5’ and weighed 223lbs yesterday. I’m getting kind of worried and mad at myself for not taking dieting and excercise more seriously before I got pregnant.
    I also have back pain, it's more achey though ant not as much painful, I didn't have this along with many other symptoms the first time around, I second seeing a chiropractor, they're magicians. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm planning on living in leggings, sweaters, and tunic shirts from now until july. Fortunately sweater weather in Alaska lasts until April or May!
  • @bdesterhouse me!! It's more of a dull ache than sharp pain, but I can't even stand and do dishes for 5 minutes without feeling it. I had it last time around and was told it's due to the hormones making everything in our midsection all loosey goosey.
  • amylu914 said:
    @bdesterhouse me!! It's more of a dull ache than sharp pain, but I can't even stand and do dishes for 5 minutes without feeling it. I had it last time around and was told it's due to the hormones making everything in our midsection all loosey goosey.
    Ugh I’m miserable today, it doesn’t help that I’m crappy and feel like I have to pee but can’t... most annoying feeling ever.

• im about 10 lbs my lowest weight my last pregnancy makes me so anxious now! 

• @bdesterhouse @amylu914 me too!!!! It’s just achy like I’ve been sucking it in all day or carrying something for a really long time. I’m in trouble idlf this is already starting. I feel like should have made better choices...

im going to try to go to yoga tomorrow to stretch it out. Hopefully that helps.