Options

STM+ Check-In

124»

Re: STM+ Check-In

• Options
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus I love your user name lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus i completely agree. that is why I dont use the WTE app its just floods of posts abojt spotting and issues. makes me anxious as all get out
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to post here as well! I’ll be a second time mom and have a 16 month old little boy. He’s so much fun and I’m loving the age he’s at, but can’t wait for the sweet newborn phase again. I didn’t much care for it the first time—it was overwhelming and I had no idea what to expect. I feel like this time I’ll have a better idea what I’m doing and will be a better “newborn mom.” I’m so excited to see DS with another baby and be pretty close in age :)
  • Options
    @kburg15 I am excited for the newborn stage too! I didn't enjoy it much with my DD who had colic and reflux and was a general hot mess for the first 6-9 months of her life. But looking back I wish I savored it more and this time I know just how quickly it passes. I can't wait for those newborn snuggles!!
  • Options
    @izzyp25 I know exactly what you mean and couldn’t agree more! I feel like I lived in a fog for 9 months, and I know I’ll be in that again to an extent with 2 kids, but hoping this time around I can try to be in the moment more and soak it in!
  • Options
    Did any of you go through ppd with prior pregnancies? I had a tough time for over a year and worried it will all come back again.
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy/child. I have a 3.5 year old daughter and a 21 month old son. The timing wasn't planned for #3 but we're still really excited to do this again.
    My fears, though, include finding the time to devote to #1 and especially #2. Part of the reason I wanted to wait longer for #3 is that I wanted more time with my son. Mom guilt is strong with me.
    @wildtot, I was never officially diagnosed but I am pretty sure I had PPD after my son. I'm worried about it returning, too, but my husband says he'll watch out for it and make sure he's doing enough with the older kids and the house so I can better manage my health and the new baby. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Oh hey there morning sickness. You were not missed and you can leave anything now!
  • Options
    @wildtot Yes.  I didn't realize it was PPD until DD was around 10 months old.  I'm also nervous, but we had a pretty stressful work situation happening at that time.  DH and I had almost no time together.  Since this time will different and (hopefully) significantly less stressful I'm hoping to avoid it.  But I'm glad this time I know what to look out for.  I didn't even recognize the symptoms in myself.  
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 my DH says the same about knowing what to expect and supporting more but sometimes it continues to be rough between the two of us it makes we wonder but i how it will be different.
    @KFrob i noticed something was wrong at 6 wks when i said i didn’t want my son anymore. I immediately found a therapist but i didn’t start meds till around 9 months. Wish i started sooner. I’ve seen 4 therapist since then and the most current one was with DH which has helped some. My sons pregnancy was super rough so I’m hoping it will be easier this time and hopefully not trigger the ppd again. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I hope everything is easier and goes smoothly for you this time around.  It's good your DH got involved.  I feel like its hard for them to understand.  
  • Options
    This will be my 2nd baby and I am having all of the irrational thoughts and questions too. I remember how tired I was the first time around and I'm not sure if I can do it all over again. I'm also worried about changing DD life entirely - people say that she won't remember a time before a sibling, but I will. I love all of the attention that we can give her, but your heart only grows when you have more kids, right? Room for everyone??
    Married October 2014. Me 38 DH 34
    MMC 1/21/15 @ 11 weeks
    DD born 1/1/16
    MC 5/17 and 8/17
    BFP 11/18 EDD 7/27/18
  • Options
    This will be my second, my first with my husband. I had PPA with my son, and it was terrible. My son was a HUGE surprise that I wasn't ready for, I wasn't in a good place, and I had no support from my son's father at the time. I feel so much better this time around, we planned for this one, and I know my husband will be there and support all of us. I am concerned with how my DS will do with a baby around. He is very attached to me and vies for my attention if I am interacting with another child, so we shall see.