June 2018 Moms
Options

Ultrasound no heartbeat

I just went in for my first US and they have me measuring at 5w2d, I was watching and didn't see a heartbeat, when the nurse came in after the tech left she said she doesn't know how to read ultrasounds ( so why are you working in the ultrasound office?) And now I'm waiting at my midwives office to hear the results. She did tell me there was no heartbeat, but she didn't know what else it said.
DH had to leave to get our son from daycare so I'm sitting here alone just waiting.  :'(

Re: Ultrasound no heartbeat

• Options
    @oneblessedmess I agree it seems early, I was expecting a blood test and not an US, but the way they just seemed like they've never seen anything like this before, super stressful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @owl_momma yeah, were you tracking ovulation? If you weren't, and are going by LMP and assuming you'd be due in June, that might not be accurate. That said, if you took an HPT and thus the timing doesn't line up with being not as far along.... that's a different story. I guess I just need more information. Sorry you're stressing, though. Hope it's NBD.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I was going by LMP, but I figured I was about 5/6w so I was surprised they had me in for an US 
  • Options
    @owl_momma gotcha, yeah, I mean, that's so early for a heartbeat. 

That said, did you mean to post this on June? My math might be off (I'm due June 2 so way at the beginning) but I think you're due in July? 
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks today EDD is June 26th. I second that thinking @owl_momma is due in July. That would put your EDD July 4th? Is that right?! How cute!  It's probably too early. In any case  FX crossed that is the case and you get answers soon.  
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    edited November 2017
    I think you meant to post this in July @owl_momma.

Either way - 5/6 weeks is early to hear a HB. If you're measuring right on track based on your LMP, or even off by a few days to a week (and you weren't accurately tracking your ovulation date), I wouldn't be concerned. You usually won't hear a heartbeat until at least 6 weeks.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 omg yes I thought I was in July... Sorry guys!! Carry on  :o
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    edited November 2017
    @owl_momma - Crap happens. :smile: I hope you get some answers, and things progress nicely either way!

Like I said, though - I wouldn't be expecting to hear a heartbeat at 5w2d. Try not to stress yourself out too much right now (easier said than done). Good luck!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    This thread has been closed to new posts as it was accidentally posted multiple times. To reply to this post, please visit the active thread on the July 2018 Moms board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"