February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms for the Week of 11/6

Re: Randoms for the Week of 11/6

• Options
    @Aeml1985, not an ideal situation, but if the company does not help you, could you return the crib you just purchased and use the other. Then you could buy a bed for your DD. Sorry it is the wrong kit. Is there any way to add your own supports, like 2x4s cross the bottom? Is there a lip or rails for them to sit on? I hope the company is willing to work with you though. 
  • Options
    @lucylou214 that is so exciting congrats! Are you going to go celebrate?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ldawngirl781 I don’t think I’ve ever been more jealous of anything. Ever. 
  • Options
    @babybro218 LOL  To top it off, DH works nights, so I also have the whole bed to myself. It makes sleeping with the body pillow so much easier. I can't imagine sharing the bed with someone else at this point.

• Options
    Congrats, @lucylou214

Good luck, @mamaof5already! Sounds delicious!!
  • Options
    Someone. Please. Remind me why I work in urban ed. Please. 

I’m sitting in l and d after being punch in the stomach when a Parent brought her child to school for the sole purpose of fighting two other children. And of course the Mom joined in. 

:| 
  • Options

I’m sitting in l and d after being punch in the stomach when a Parent brought her child to school for the sole purpose of fighting two other children. And of course the Mom joined in. 

:o I hope someone called the police on her. Thoughts and prayers you and LO are okay! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS1 just came down with the same illness as DD. It’s going to be a long week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@smorzandoj I'm so sorry this happened to you. When I was pregnant with my first, the urban middle school I worked at had a huge 600+ student fight on the front lawn. They came over the all-call and asked the teachers to go outside and fight the students. (probably one of the MOST ridiculous things I heard during my time in Urban Ed.)  I stayed at my desk.
    The following day, there was a fight in my classroom between two 7th graders who were on opposite sides of whatever prompted the outside conflict the day before. The system I worked in "doesn't believe in suspensions" so they didn't think it was wise to give any of the kids they separated from fighting the day before a day to cool off. I instinctively got between the two kids (I used to work in Corrections prior to teaching and apparently wasn't thinking straight) I got pushed to the ground and kicked in the side of my stomach. Luckily, I was checked out and everything was okay but that was the moment I knew I had to get out of urban education. 
    I know how fulfilling urban education can be and also how not fun it can be because often the adults act just like the kids when it comes to issues like this. I hope that the student/parent are dealt with in a way that makes your school and the community safer and please update on how you make out in L&D! Best wishes and hang in there!
  • Options
    @amb929 and @starynightsky24

thanks ladies. The Parent did get taken to central booking of course acting like a fool and kicking the police cruisers windows. 

And im seriously debating a shift away from urban ed. It’s like they all had tunnel vision and there’s no combating that. 
  • Options
    @amb929 and @starynightsky24

thanks ladies. The Parent did get taken to central booking of course acting like a fool and kicking the police cruisers windows. 

And im seriously debating a shift away from urban ed. It’s like they all had tunnel vision and there’s no combating that. 
    This is horrible!!  I hope everything is ok.  What is your school going to do about it?
  • Options
    I'm going to see Fall Out Boy tonight because I shamelessly still live in 2007. My body will hate me but it will be worth it. 
    My BFF I have shameless gone to every fallout boy concert in my city since their come back  :) 
    I instantly feel like I am 16 again except the booze in my hand is now legal. 

@smorzandoj hope you are ok, was you OB able to check on baby since the fight. 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj @amb929 ummmmm what?! This is insanity. DD's Godmother teaches at a low income school but it is nothing like this. Bless you both. 

@smorzandoj I hope you and baby are okay. 
  • Options
    So far everything looks good but I’m here for at least four hours. Thanks ladies. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 My 15yo is extremely jealous. She loves Fall Out Boy!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @smorzandoj I hope you're ok! I don't get these parents. I really don't. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @SarahFoley725 My 15yo is extremely jealous. She loves Fall Out Boy!
    I have an 18 year old sister and she was trying to tell me all about FOB a few years ago and I was like 

@GoogleMD I will jam out for you, minus the booze unfortunately. 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj , I hope you're okay!  That's insane.  Hopefully, in the future, someone else can step in if there's a chance that the situation might get out of hand?  It's hard to predict such things, obviously, but still. Take care, friend! 

Thanks, @TattoosandLace and @mamaof5already!  
  • Options
    @smorzandoj that is NOT ok.  I hope everything checks out for your LO and you can take a sick day tomorrow to rest up.

I truly admire the strength of people who can stay in Urban Ed. I wish I could have stayed, but I am not that strong. Once your personal safety (and your baby’s!) is at risk, I think it’s totally reasonable to question where you are. 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj ahhh that sounds awful! Hope you and your LO are okay! Suddenly my chorus that never stops talking doesn't seem like such a bad problem in the grand scheme of things (though it's making me crazy).
  • Options
    @smorzandoj I hope those four hours go smoothly! Just out of curiosity are school police not a "thing"? I'm from a county where they have school police at each school and they are essentially there own agency. 
  • Options
    I'm going to see Fall Out Boy tonight because I shamelessly still live in 2007. My body will hate me but it will be worth it. 
    Have so much fun!!! We went to a concert a few weeks ago and baby loved it! She was moving around all over! Be prepared for tons of kicks!! 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj Hope you and baby are both okay. That's so scary :(

@ldawngirl781 My DH switched to nights a couple weeks ago. I was initially not happy about it, but I absolutely LOVE having the bed to myself. I just totally sprawl out.

DH has been working doubles for 3 days in a row now. I've barely seen him and have been alone with DD all the time since daylight savings ended. I'm so exhausted I'm contemplating whether a bowl of ice cream is acceptable for my dinner...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @smorzandoj omg that's terrible! Glad she got booked but wtf that's absurd it even happened! Hope you guys are okay.

Also been kinda mia cuz I'm disliking my job more and more, and it's actually a # of people with the same sentiments and it's cuz of my boss. Wooooosaaaaah just a couple more months. 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj i hope the 4 hours go by fast and everything is fine with you and babes! Can you take a few days to rest up at home as well?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj Ugh that is just awful, I’m glad you’re ok but that is completely ridiculous. I hope your school takes this seriously. We had a lot of fights at the school I worked at even though overall the kids were really good but I always felt like administration came down hard and was on top of it so teachers rarely had to get involved. So sorry that happened to you!!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I can feel some kind of cold coming on. Ugh! I don’t want to be sick :(

@smorzandoj That is some crazy stuff! Hope you and baby are doing ok!

@SarahFoley725 Have fun tonight!
  • Options
    So glad you and LO are okay @smorzandoj that sounds terrifying
  • Options
    @smorzandoj I prefer the beach but I'm down. 

Fall Out Boy was AWESOME. Our seats were seriously amazing, like I could see their faces amazing. I was 4 seats from the catwalk too so they were soooooo close to me sometimes. Pete Wentz is admitiadly less dreamy than he was 10 years ago though. 

I felt way better than I thought I would afterwards but I seriously barely slept last night. I woke up probably a dozen times between midnight and 6 this morning! So tired. 
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 That room is beautiful!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj Yes, let's all quit and live in a happy commune where we can rotate breaks and quiet time! 

@Aeml1985 What a pretty room!

Today is my Friday, and I just need to make it through. Then go to Friend A's place to tidy up (just make sure all the breakables are out of the way) because she's generously letting my Friend B + 2 boys stay there this weekend for my baby shower while Friend A is out of town. I love my friends <3 
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 That's beautiful!

@SarahFoley725 So glad you had fun! Great seats at a good concert are well worth it!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    That room is so cute @Aeml1985!!

Dont say Pete Wentz looks old @SarahFoley725!  That means I'm getting older lol
  • Options
    So, my 3-hr glucose tolerance test yesterday really sucked (shock), topped off by a temp phlebotomist at the OB's office who was super rude to me and made me cry.  Thankfully I had my laptop with me and plenty of work to pass the time.  I will know the results today, and I can't stop staring at my phone, the clock, and my patient portal waiting for answers!

• Options
    @PeachGal23 Hope you get good results soon. My 1 hour is the Monday after Thanksgiving, which feels like I'm setting myself up to fail.