February 2018 Moms

Randoms for the Week of 11/6

Re: Randoms for the Week of 11/6

• @sarafoley98 I’m having such a hard time understanding how you walked around with that belly. You started off small.
  • 31 minutes into my one hour glucose test.  So hungry
  • Loading the player...

• Foe the one hour glucose test, i definitely recommend doing it in the morning so you can fast. That’s what seemed to be different this time than when I passed it for my previous two pregnancies.
    I second this.  I took mine in the late afternoon & had eaten a sandwich about 45 mins before.  My readings started high (but totally within range for the carbs I had eaten in the elapsed time) and I ended up failing.  We'll see what the 3 hour test reveals but I think that sandwich may have been a bad idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SunflowerMama428 The struggle was very real. 
  • Got my orders for the 1hr glucose test today. Dr. told me that if I need to eat beforehand, I should make sure it’s protein, like an egg, and to stay away from bread. @fatted_calf
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017
    Got my orders for the 1hr glucose test today. Dr. told me that if I need to eat beforehand, I should make sure it’s protein, like an egg, and to stay away from bread. @fatted_calf
    My ob told me this too, but then dr. Had to run to emergency and  I saw a mid wife instead and she said to fast.  So my husband and I decided best choice was go fast for best results.  But I don't know if results would be different. 
  • @babybro218 @Chawk17 See, I think communication w/ my OBs office wasn't great on this.  'You dont' have to fast' and 'you don't have to fast but avoid carbs or a big meal in the couple of hours prior' are completely different instructions.  I've read that something like 40 or 50% of women fail the 1 hour.  Gotta wonder if communication discrepancies contribute to those results.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babybro218 @Chawk17 See, I think communication w/ my OBs office wasn't great on this.  'You dont' have to fast' and 'you don't have to fast but avoid carbs or a big meal in the couple of hours prior' are completely different instructions.  I've read that something like 40 or 50% of women fail the 1 hour.  Gotta wonder if communication discrepancies contribute to those results.
    Agree. It seems the medical people have their own opinions. Wish it was consistent. 
  • Chawk17 said:
    @babybro218 @Chawk17 See, I think communication w/ my OBs office wasn't great on this.  'You dont' have to fast' and 'you don't have to fast but avoid carbs or a big meal in the couple of hours prior' are completely different instructions.  I've read that something like 40 or 50% of women fail the 1 hour.  Gotta wonder if communication discrepancies contribute to those results.
    Agree. It seems the medical people have their own opinions. Wish it was consistent. 
    My instructions were absolutely fast but water & plain tea or coffee was ok in small amounts. I'm going to have to drink plenty of water or they'll never find a vein on my body without torturing me first.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Ahhh looking at my glucose results. They give 70 as low and 100 as high. My number was 101.... I hope this doesn't mean I have to do the 3 hour one.
  • My instructions were to drink plenty of water and eat a little something but nothing sugary. I'll probably just eat an egg or something.
  • Crazy how everyone has such different instructions.  I was told to eat, but nothing but water for 2 hours before. I had scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast.  I wasn't really thinking about what I ate in the days leading up to the test and ate a boat load of Halloween candy the night before.  I was told I would only hear from them if I didn't pass. Test was a week ago, so I guess I'm in the clear?
  • I also was told that I didn't have to do anything to prepare for the 1 hour glucose test! I had a few pieces of bacon since they just needed to be heated up! I went on October 30th and I won't know my results until November 28th at my next doctors appointment
  • I got woke up this morning because baby decided to use my belly as a punching bag! I think the baby was practicing their jabs and crosses! 
  • I'm sitting in the lab waiting room doing a 2 hour glucose. I've never done the 1 hour so I'm surprised I got put down for a 2 hour? Anyone else had that done?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Pretty excited to see new episodes of Great British Baking shows on Netflix, so totally spending all of nap time watching that now 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Pretty excited to see new episodes of Great British Baking shows on Netflix, so totally spending all of nap time watching that now 
    There's new episodes?? Can't wait to get back home!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I didn’t hear from my doc and she said no news is good news so I guess I passed the glucose test. I was told I could eat before but nothing sugary, so I ate two eggs with cheese at 7am, drank the drink at 830, blood draw at 930. And chugged water after eating so I could pee when I got there. 

@babybro218 I read that tip to H and now he wants the app.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• DH downloaded a British pregnancy app for dads. It gives him daily tips. Here’s today’s (I like how it is reassuring, yet realistic): 

What app is that? My dh has the mountain man daddy app.  Its kinda talks About climbing a mountain,  i think the baby is at the mountain peak ?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @eggplantface and @mamaof5already it’s called Who’s Your Daddy. The weekly tips are pretty great, too, and It has a contraction timer/counter and a hospital bag packing list. 
  • @babybro218 I was interested, but then I found it's 2.99.  That's not expensive, but I'm all about free apps.  Bummer. 
  • @babybro218 my husband just downloaded the app and he loves it! Thanks for the recommendation 
  • It was sunny and above 0 today (Celsius) so we put up our Christmas lights. Super happy to have them done even though I was near close to panic attack the entire time hubby was up on the extension ladder. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ldawngirl781ldawngirl781 member
    edited November 2017
    OMG! I'm going to lose it on my MIL. She invited us over for brunch, and then at the last minute, told DH her bridge partner was also going to come. Fine, not our idea of a good time, but whatever. Then, we're on the way to pickup BIL and he texts us to say MIL asked if we'd pickup the bridge partner too. She didn't ask DH or me - she asked BIL who had to relay the message. Even though it's our car and we're driving... We already had the dog in the car and had no space for her, so everyone was squished in the back.

Then, while at MILs, she proceeds to start asking questions about my medical condition that is genetic (that the baby may or may not have). It's not something I'm comfortable talking about with friends and family... it's definitely not something that I want brought up in casual conversation with a stranger! She started asking what it was called again and saying she wanted to google it and did the baby have it, and based on the u/s, how things looked, etc. Our last u/s was 6 weeks ago and she didn't say boo about it at the time. Now she brings all this up when this woman is here? I was so shocked I didn't say a word. 

To add further insult to injury, later on she's asking about our Christmas plans, wanted to nail down when we'd see her for the holidays. She kept referring to DH's dad and stepmom and when we might see them, and if we see them on this day, we can see her on this day. I looked at her and said, there's my sister to consider too! She was completely dumbfounded and admitted she forgot about my sister. Um, lady, my parents are both dead, but that doesn't mean I have no f*** ing family. And considering my mom just died this year, if we're spending Christmas Day with anyone, it's my sister, as her and I will have a tough enough time during the holidays already. 

On top of that, after the meal, DH said he wanted to get home as he'd been up for a long time (he works nights, so this was late in his "evening"), and she offered her bridge partner a ride home with us, even though we live 2 minutes from MIL (we had gone out of the way to pick up BIL already). So poor DH, who is exhausted, had to drive her home. And on the way to drop her off, we find out she has a car, she just doesn't like to drive in the winter. WTF?! 

I ranted at DH when we got home. Not only was MIL inconsiderate, but she was downright rude and thoughtless. I'm livid. He excuses her behaviour because "she's 70, what can I do." But being old doesn't give you a free pass to be a thoughtless b****. 

End rant... if you got this far, thanks for listening!
  • @ldawngirl781 I am so sorry that all sounds awful and so inconsiderate on your MILs part! Just wow. I'm sorry you lost your mom this year, I can't imagine trying to navigate the holidays. DH says the same thing about his mom in more of a "she's been this way her whole life and she's not going to change". I hate that excuse. 
  • @idawngirl781 that’s so terrible. My in laws got a divorce and my MIL thinks holidays should be split 1/3 her, 1/3 FIL and 1/3 my family. Uhhh nope. 1/2 my family and 1/2  his family (both parents combined). I’d spend the whole time with your sister. That’s just ridiculous 

my rant—

Bday party yesterday 

Kids got invited. It was at Chuck E. Cheese at 11:30. We get there, NO food for the kids. Then they give my kids a game pass to SHARE. Then they ask for all the tickets to put in a pot to split between all the kids evenly. Then at a specific time take the game cards away and use remaining balance to “collect more tickets for the pot”

Is is it just me or is that crazy? I would never have a party at 11:30 and not provide food. But maybe I’m a brat for expecting this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited November 2017
    First @ldawngirl781 I'm sorry about the loss of your mother.  Second, your MIL is extremely rude and you are a good woman for not throat punching her.
  • @ldawngirl781 How rude and inconsiderate! Yeah I second just spending Christmas with your sister.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @ldawngirl781 How rude and inconsiderate! Yeah I second just spending Christmas with your sister.
    This! ^^^^
    I also agree.
  • @idawngirl781 that’s so terrible. My in laws got a divorce and my MIL thinks holidays should be split 1/3 her, 1/3 FIL and 1/3 my family. Uhhh nope. 1/2 my family and 1/2  his family (both parents combined). I’d spend the whole time with your sister. That’s just ridiculous 

my rant—

Bday party yesterday 

Kids got invited. It was at Chuck E. Cheese at 11:30. We get there, NO food for the kids. Then they give my kids a game pass to SHARE. Then they ask for all the tickets to put in a pot to split between all the kids evenly. Then at a specific time take the game cards away and use remaining balance to “collect more tickets for the pot”

Is is it just me or is that crazy? I would never have a party at 11:30 and not provide food. But maybe I’m a brat for expecting this. 
    No I️ think that sounds like a lousy party. If you can’t afford to have the party at Chuck E. Cheese, that’s fine, but I️ would have assumed between the time and location there would be food too!  Plus the whole sharing tickets and cards thing seems cheap and also greedy (like they’re going to take the tickets themselves). And cranky hungry young kids are miserable to be around...
  • My DD has a terrible cough and cold and on the way to my parents tonight she coughed so much she puked in her carseat. The smell. Oh my god. So we pull over on the freeway to get her cleaned up and I'm just about puking myself from the smell trying not to pee my pants and hold it together so as not to make her more upset. So at 11pm there's me cleaning her carsest out on the kitchen counter. So gross 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Puke in the car seat is the worst  :( and so hard to clean since you can only use certain things on them. My son puked in his britax which is a big reason we bought the chicco next fit zip so I could just unzip and thrown it all in wash (except strapes obviously)
  • @jessilee15 my thoughts exactly. Or she could have at least warned me about the food. My son (4yrs old) was devastated to have his “hard earned tickets” taken. I wish I had seen this so I could have said no. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 I wonder how I'll react when things that like that happen to me, because they inevitably will. On one hand I see being so shocked I just go along with it, but if I'm hangry from not being fed and dealing with my son being upset, I could also see myself lashing out at the mom about being an inconsiderate bitch. I'm sorry your son had a bad time at the party!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface yes! I was definitely in shock. Lesson learned though, from now on I’m going to ask if I need to feed my kids ahead of time. And I won’t be going to this person’s parties again. 

BabyFruit Ticker

my rant—

Bday party yesterday 

that is the worst kids birthday party ever!  How would any mom think that was okay? Even the mom throwing it had to know that wouldn't work well... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7