Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - 11/5

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekly Chat - 11/5

• What are you looking forward to this week? Vacaaaaation. Seeing my mom. Seeing DH's parents and where he's from.

What are you dreading? Dealing with airport security this weekend. I loathe the security theater at the airport anyway and now they've added more crap to it at OIA, so it's going to suck even more.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Not that I can think of? It's vacation, so not much. I'd like to make sure all our laundry is clean once we get back from Disney and before we leave for DH's parents, though.

Random thoughts? I binge watched season 2 of Stranger Things the other day, which was great.

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative? As for national chains, I like Wendy's best. There's a chain expanding from the Chicago area called Portillos, and they're fantastic. Back home, there's a little dive fast food place that I love and absolutely miss called Susie's. Best cheese fries ever.
  • What are you looking forward to this week?
    Mom date on Tuesday night with some of my friends. And no work on Friday!

What are you dreading? 
    Dh is leaving for a work trip so I'm solo parenting for awhile.

I have a couple household repair appointments I need to line up.

Random thoughts?
    I never noticed TB advertised popular threads in the side bar since I'm normally on mobile. It's kind of creepy especially when the closed hpt thread is on there. 

GTKY: What's your favorite  fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative?
    In n Out. We're on the wrong coast for it now, but I literally planned part of a road trip through Dallas once because that's the nearest in n out.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ Have a fantastic vacation!!!
    @meggyme Good Luck solo parenting.

What are you looking forward to this week? Hair appointment Wednesday otherwise a pretty normal week.

What are you dreading? Nothing much that I can think of

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I also have some home improvement appointments to make 

Random thoughts? I’m happy that DS started sleeping in late this past week it made DS time ending much more bearable 

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative?
    Wendys or Sonic
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat thanks. What's kind of home improvements are you making? I've got to get a leak under our house fixed and my fridge water dispenser fixed. And there was something else I can't think of now...
  • @meggyme we need a new kitchen faucet and toilet. DH could do both but honestly he doesn’t have the time and BIL owns a plumbing business so it’s much easier to have them do it

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat that’s nice that you have such a great resource for stuff like that. I’m usually pretty handy and would tackle our repairs myself, but I don’t want to void a warranty on the fridge and I refuse to crawl under the house.
  • @dreamscapes_ yay for vacation! I hope you have better vacation luck than me. 

What are you looking forward to this week? Going to the art museum on Tuesday!

What are you dreading? The DST adjustment.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Clean, as always!

Random thoughts? Nah

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative? Chickfila or Wendy's
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Looking forward to: meh, our dinner menu maybe? Lol, I don't work Friday so that's a plus, DH wants to spend time with a friend who'll be in town though, so solo parenting for me for a day. And if DS is as much of a handful as he has been all weekend, pray for me ladies. 

Dreading: work, in general for the next couple months. I work at a bank on the loan operations side of things and we've got a busy season apparently, lol. I just started in June, so it's all new to me. But I've got to pay taxes for loans we escrow on (which is A LOT), help my supervisor with reports, and we've got auditors coming at the end of November for about a month. Yikes!!

Goals: not sure honestly, haha. Maybe start getting patterns printed and prepped so I can get started sewing our Christmas PJs :) 

R/R: can't think of anything

GTKY: Chick Fil A hands down. I worked at Sonic for 4 years (DH did it for 9!! Just one month shy of 10!) so I'm over it. I still enjoy the food, but it's not something I'm thinking, "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!!" Lol. Culver's is also really good!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• What are you looking forward to this week? DH is supposed to finish unpacking his boxes and hang our pictures, curtains, etc. this week. Can't wait till that's done and I don't have boxes stacked up in the garage and pictures all over my floor!

What are you dreading? Work! We're going to be so busy the next six weeks it's going to be a LOT. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Get to the gym 3x week. 

Random thoughts? 

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative? Culver's is hands-down my favorite. Give me a butter burger with cheese or a pork tenderloin sandwich with custard any day!
    @CecilB93 - sewing christmas pj's? You're wonder woman! that is awesome. 
    @lalala2004 - hope you enjoy the art museum! Any good exhibits? 
    @kindbytealikat - good luck with the plumbing upgrades! So handy your BIL does that stuff!
    @meggyme - yay for mom date night! good luck with the solo parenting. :smile:
    @dreamscapes_ - enjoy the vacation!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 now now a I want a pork tenderloin from Culvers

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @catlady2015 I actually have no idea. I'm going because they have an event for kids one of my friends told me about, so DS and I are meeting her and her DD there. Not sure what all we'll see and do. There is also an amazing park nearby, so I imagine we'll stop by there, too. The museum is all free except for special exhibits, and I like free! (Who doesn't?)
    *Siggy Warning*

• @catlady2015 thanks! It's something I started last year, plan to continue to do it each year :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited November 2017
    So, I reintroed and then I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to post again, ha!  Finally have a minute, so I'll chime in here!  :)

Finding out whether or not I get a promotion in terms of my credit on the current show I'm working on.  (It wouldn't mean anything in terms of pay but it would really help with my pay/advancement for the next show I work on.)

What are you dreading? 
    Same as above!  I'm really nervous because it's all political. I do excellent work, have a really strong work ethic and everyone on the show is behind it, but it's up to the whims of higher ups I've never met. Alas!

After dealing with some depression and honestly being super indulgent with my diet/exercise for a while after ***TW my miscarriage end TW*** I've decided to finally refocus on losing weight and getting fit, as well as my writing and budgeting goals.  I accomplished a good amount writing wise this weekend and I'm trying to implement a new diet plan where I pack all of my meals and snacks.  It's tough with chips and candy everywhere at the office, but I've done well today. Hoping to keep it up and work in exercise 3x this week.

Random thoughts?
    I am increasingly thinking of leaving social media behind (not the Bump, but Facebook) because I feel like there's just so much noise of us yelling at each other politically and we aren't any closer to solving any problems, actually pushing each other further away. :(  And I'm sure I'm guilty of this too.

In N Out!  So lucky to live near 2 of them!  (Well, "lucky" when I'm not on a diet, lol.)

@dreamscapes_ Have fun on your vacation!  I think Wendy's is super underrated as far as fast food goes!  I like their chili and Frosties remind me so much of my childhood visits with my grandma.  :)

@meggyme Good luck with the solo parenting!  My husband works lots of events on the weekends and I always find it so exhausting!  How old is your LO?

@kindbytealikat Are you doing anything fun with your hair or just getting a trim?  I feel like I'm in such a hair rut lately, but I'm afraid the second I do something dramatically different I'd regret it.  I'm basically a haircut coward, haha.

@lalala2004 How did the daylight savings adjustment go for you?  Hopefully well!  Ours went surprisingly better for DD than our pets, lol.  They were extremely annoyed about breakfast not on the schedule they were expecting.

@CecilB93 We're entering our busy season at work too!  Ours lasts until the new year and it's so stressful that it coincides with the holidays, but it is what it is, I suppose. When does your busy season end?

@catlady2015 Looks like you, CecilB93 and I are all in the busy season boat!  Best of luck to you riding it out!!
  • @maureenmce I'm not sure, I only started this position in June, but if I had to guess it would be after the new year. I'll be busy getting all taxes paid for people who escrow the next two months, plus people like to take out loans to help with Christmas expenses, so more loans means more work!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @maureenmce I’m going to trim(relayer) and darken the color. Good Luck with your crediting !! So sorry for your loss.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @maureenmce DS has adjusted OK, I'm the one who is struggling with waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @maureenmce sorry about your loss. Hopefully you will be unbenched soon. Yeah, MH will be out of town for almost 2 weeks, but I’ve got some fun stuff planned. DD is 16months.

@lalala2004 same story here. Jackie has been sleeping in until her normal time and I’ve been up at 5 tossing and turning.
  • I've been out sick and trying to take care of my sick kids.  Ugh.  I haven't even looked at the Bump - so much to catch up on!

@dreamscapes_ Happy vacation!!  Safe travels.
    @meggyme Good luck with the solo parenting!  I dread it sometimes but I also like the fact that we can all eat grilled cheese and cucumber sticks for dinner and I don't have to cook a real meal!
    @kindbytealikat Hooray for kids sleeping in!
    @lalala2004 I love museums, have fun!
    @CecilB93 I'm sure those PJs are too cute!  I love matching things!
    @catlady2015I hate unpacking but it feels so good when all the boxes are gone.
    @maureenmce Good luck with that promotion, fingers crossed!

Hopefully getting our house back to normal!  Cleaning after all this illness.  Even though my husband didn't get sick you know the cleaning didn't get done!

What are you dreading?
    Coming back to work.  I'm here now and just miserable.  Being away, even just for the day yesterday, made me realize how much I don't like it here.  It's a really small office and one person being away puts so much stress on everyone else so I feel like I have to be here.

Getting back into the gym and getting the house clean again.  Nothing exciting!

Random thoughts?
    What I wouldn't give to be wrapped up in my bed right now...

GTKY: Favourite fast food chain it's gotta be Arby's or Taco Bell.  Total guilty pleasures.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
  • @mermaidca oh no! I hope you start feeling better soon. Can you work from home so you can get stuff done and not leave your bed.
  • @meggyme unfortunately I can't take work home.  I'm a legal assistant and lawyers are (man, I hope we don't have any lawyers on this board) big babies who can't do much of anything for themselves.
  • I have a quick question for anyone who knows - when people refer to cheapie pregnancy tests, do you know what brand people use? I was going to order some on Amazon to use once I'm no longer benched.  I've just always used the pricey kind and would love to avoid that this time around.  Also, is there such a thing as a cheapie OPK too? 

Maybe this question better belongs in the WTO/TWW thread, but didn't want to barge in there since I'm not able to actively TTC yet!

Thanks!
  • Not sure if I'll have time to respond to folks today, but HELLOOO everyone, I'm glad to actually be in the weekly thread this time, and hope everyone is doing good :)

A day off on Friday and having friends over on Saturday. 

What are you dreading? Possibly not having any heat for our friends gathering on the weekend... ??  :# See below

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I have several deep cleaning projects I want to do on my day off on Friday, so the house will be looking really spiffy for our get together on Saturday.

Random thoughts? I think I told y'all before about our furnace issues?? Well the guy who fixed it told us that the fix could last anywhere from "a couple weeks to a couple years" but that the furnace would need to eventually be replaced. Well, the fix lasted just about 2 weeks and the motor went out again. He came out today and got it working again, and we're scheduled to get the new furnace put in next week. But there's a chance the fix won't last til Saturday... so I might need to tell people to wear layers when they come over lol. Fortunately it isn't terribly cold here yet so even if we don't have heat Saturday, between the fireplace and some space heaters we should be able to keep it warm enough!

GTKY: What's your favorite fast food chain? If you don't eat fast food, what's your favorite alternative? Is it bad that my go-to is just McDonald's?? I like Wendy's and Chick-fil-A too.
  • @maureenmce - usually they are referring to wondfo. Some people also stock up on dollar tree or walmart brand tests. I personally just always ordered the wondfo off amazon.
  • @maureenmce - There are counterfeit wondfos out there. :( Here's a post - https://community.babycenter.com/post/a54282544/counterfeit_wondfo_test_strips_on_amazon_-_heres_a_list_of_legit_sellers someone posted on babycenter after talking to a wondfo rep and he gave a list of legit sellers. there were supposedly a bunch of problems with the counterfeit ones. TTC is hard enough without being super doubtful about the legitimacy of the tests!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @diaphena - oh no! Hope your heat holds out until the new furnace is scheduled to be installed!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Oh wow, thanks! Yeah selling faulty pregnancy tests is such a terrible thing to do! Yikes!
  • @catlady2015 Oh wow, thanks! Yeah selling faulty pregnancy tests is such a terrible thing to do! Yikes!
    I always get the Amazon Prime eligible ones because I trust that! I wouldn't buy from a third party seller to be safe.

i use dollar store tests, too. But Wondfos are cheaper. You can buy a pack of like 50 OPKs and 20 HPTs for $20. Super cheap and great for pee stick addicts!
    *Siggy Warning*

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2017
    I have a bunch of wondfo’s left from my last ttc. They’re all long since expired, but I randomly peed on one the other day to see what it would do. I need to throw them away... but yes, make sure you get them from a verified vendor. And getting little disposable mouthwash cups helps too, since the tests are a bit harder to pee directly on.
  • Thanks so much for the tips ladies! 
  • Yaaaay @maureenmce!! Congrats!
  • @maureenmce congrats! That’s fantastic!
  • catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited November 2017
    congrats, @maureenmce

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Yay, @maureenmce!
  • Congrats @maureenmce !

• Thanks, guys!  And excellent gif selection, @catlady2015 and @mermaidca ! :)
  • @meggyme I hope the mom date was fun! I've never been to In n Out, but I've heard it's good.

@kindbytealikat Yay for DS extending his sleep time! Did you get your appointments set up? Disney would have been more fun if my uncle didn't act like a selfish twat.

@lalala2004 I've actually never had Chikfila! No real desire to, either. I agree that the DST adjustment was awful this year. How was the museum?

@CecilB93 Yay for getting tomorrow off work, but I hope the solo parenting goes well! Good luck with the next few months of work! That sounds like a lot. Is it weird that I don't know where the matching PJs thing at Christmas came from? I also love Culver's! There's one not far from us, so I go there sometimes for their cheese curds.

@catlady2015 What is it with men and not unpacking boxes? DH is the same way. It drives me nuts.

@maureenmce I totally get that. It's hard seeing all of that all the time. I've pared down a lot of the stuff that shows up on my FB feed. Some of my friends share things that I think are distasteful or that I vehemently disagree with, so I just hide those pages instead of unfollowing my friends (although I've done that, too). One in particular I can never ever ever discuss religion or politics with because we're polar opposites (she's a hardcore conservative evangelical Christian, while I'm a staunchly atheist liberal). We get along fine as long as we don't discuss it. I love Wendy's. Their burgers are great.

@mermaidca I hope you and the kids are feeling better! My DH loves Arby's and Taco Bell as well! I'm sorry you're so miserable at work :(

@maureenmce The cheapie tests I bought were by a brand called ClinicalGuard. I do not recommend them, as I never had a positive OPK with them, even when showing multiple signs. If I'm not KU this cycle, I'm gonna order some actual Wondfos, since I've run out of the other ones.

@diaphena Enjoy your day off! Have they fixed your heat yet? You could also just have a bunch of blankets and do a cuddle party! Or be the people in the Snuggie ad ;)

So the Disney days were mostly good. My uncle is just a very cranky, selfish old man who refuses to consider that other people have things they'd like to do. And now because my OTHER uncle is coming into town tomorrow morning, my parents are coming back to pick him up and essentially demanded my guest passes for another day at the park. So I'll be at one of the parks again tomorrow instead of doing laundry like I'd planned. And then we leave the house at like 3am on Saturday.
  • @dreamscapes_ the matching pj's is just something I started when DS was born in 2016. It's not something my family did growing up, but I like the idea of it! And unfortunately I'm not off tomorrow like I thought :'( so DH gets to solo parent instead! lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Makes sense! I just know a lot of people who say they've done it since they were kids, and I don't know where the tradition came from. I hope your work day is good, though!