July 2018 Moms
Options

Freebies, Deals & Steals

Re: Freebies, Deals & Steals

• Options
    Amazon has the City Select Lux for $440 right now (the Slate and Port colors).  I was planning on getting the 2016 City Select but this was $10 cheaper and the new model.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    zg49 said:
    Got my Amazon registry box! Definitely the best box I have received thus far - we will use everything in it!
    just wanted to post an update - i got the box after they came back in stock - looks almost the same but i got a triangle/bandana bib with sheep on it instead of the onsie and a different swaddle blanket - similar material but different print, it was white with blue and silver polka dots.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man @Sarafuss - that's really tempting!  I had already decided and gotten excited about getting the new Joovy Qool based on price.  I just made a spreadsheet (self confessed Excel nerd) comparing the current prices for all components and this sale makes the City Select only $40 more than the Joovy Qool!  Maybe I need to find time to go by Buy Buy Baby today to make sure the City Select fits in my trunk.....
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 I was set on the older city select model but was excited to see the low price on the LUX model.  The seats fold up smaller than the older model so you don't have to remove the second seat to fold it up (which is a huge selling point to me).  If you plan to use it as a double stroller (as I plan to) you do have to factor in the cost of accessories like the second seat attachments, car seat adapter and/or second seat.  We don't plan to use the second seat until the baby is about 1 year old since we will be using the infant car seat during that time.  So I'm not buying that now.  So it only was about $60 more to make the single stroller a double!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 we just hit the Qool like two weeks ago and it’s so smooth! We still need to try on the adapters but so far i like it. Collect coupons for Buy Buy Baby for all the extras and you can use it on the stroller too!
  • Options
    @Sarafuss @wildtot - Yes! I had planned on the Qool and was super excited about it, but I think the resale value will be much higher for the City Select, so I'm going to go look at it again today.  We will be using it as a double so we'll need all the attachments and such but the 2nd seat is currently on sale on Amazon too so it really is only $40 more.  In our area people constantly sell the double City Select for around $400 used.  I'm going to push them both around at BBB today, but I'm almost positive we'll go with the Lux.  Glad to know it can fold with the 2nd seat attached too!

I'm also almost positive that BBB is going to offer to match Amazon's price today when I go, so that'll be nice too!  We're from Texas A&M, so I'm also excited about the maroon.  :)
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited April 2018

We're from Texas A&M, so I'm also excited about the maroon.  

DH is an Aggie too :) 
  • Options
    @kissableviv Whoop! :)

After all that, we went to the store today and decided to stick with the Joovy. But, I feel like it's the right decision so hopefully it works out well!
  • Options
    Check your local target for the clearance area. I just picked up a JuJuBe diaper bag for 90.00... one of the black and white classic design ones (no wild pattern). I'm debating on keeping it or making a quick 70.00 on ebay...
  • Options
    Jujube is 50% off on Zulily:)
  • Options
    From April 22 to May 5, customers can bring in any unwanted car seat to Target to receive a coupon for 20 percent off a new car seat, booster seat or stroller. The coupon will be eligible through May 19, 2018.

Article here

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Trial pack of diapers and wipes only pay shipping. They won’t auto sign you up. 

• Options
    On Honest.com If you sign up for the diaper bundle for $80 use the code bundlebogo and get the second shipment free.
  • Options
    My noobie box worth the shipping. More coupons in booklet.

• Options
    My sil informed me that Nordstroms will take your favorite bra and turn it into a maternity bra for $20. I may be going to get a new bra for this reason as the maternity bras I've bought make me itch, no matter how much I wash them or use fabric softener. 

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa do you mean they turn it into a nursing bra? I’m intrigued! I’ve always loved Nordstrom for bras 
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa I’ve heard about that but do you know if they can to regular tanks into nursing tanks?
  • Options
    @zande2016 yes, I meant nursing bra. My sil has very, very, very large breasts and wasn't willing to spend the $$$ on getting customized nursing bras. She swears by nordstroms now because of this. 
    @wildtot I think they do, however I'm not 100% sure. 

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I’ve also heard though that you need to buy theirs bras and then you can pay extra to get them converted. Idk how true that is.
  • Options
    ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited April 2018
    April Target baby boxes are in stock! :)

ETA : they’re only 5 bucks for multiple samples and I heard the coupons you get with them are great. They also ship free. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited April 2018
    ashbub714 said:
    April Target baby boxes are in stock! :)

ETA : they’re only 5 bucks for multiple samples and I heard the coupons you get with them are great. They also ship free. 
    I didn't know they had these?!

eta - ordering! plus you can use your redcard for a discount. 
  • Options
    Abby & Finn samples arrived (that was fast!)- 8 diapers (size 1) and wipes. Worth the 5 bucks (free shipping). You can pick what size you want.

• Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited April 2018
    Buy buy baby has clearance going on...one of the deals I noticed was the Tula carrier for $119. I’ve seen it cheaper on Zulilly but not a bad deal (esp if you can use a 20% off coupon). 

Edit: one pattern is $111
  • Options
    wildtot you are so good with these samples.  you need to make a blog lol
  • Options
    @babygagnon2018 lol thanks! Yeah DHs like another package?! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I like that Tula for $111 but per the website it's for 15lbs+. However the one I'm eyeing on amazon looks nearly identical but states that it's for 7lbs+. I'm so confused. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wildtot I got 2 boxes of Honest Diapers at Target the other day (it was buy 2 and get a $10 giftcard and they were on sale for $25 each- plus I had an honest coupon from the target baby bag for $25 off $50 so essentially got 2 boxes of diapers for $15!)  and DH was like "omg- how many diapers do we need?! You just keep buying more"

I literally could not stop laughing.  First time dad moment for sure.  I was like "Honey- this will get us through like 2 weeks"
  • Options
    stillcozystillcozy member
    edited April 2018
    wrong thread edited out that portion

Tried out babies r us again but still only 25% at the one I went to 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I am so over toddler emotions today... after the millionth meltdown and lack of listening I need a mama break! 
    So does that mean that your toddler is up for grabs for a good deal/steal?  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh man wrong thread...@runsomewhere haha

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’ve been wondering if it’s worth checking them out again. Did they still have some things not on sale? (Like diapers)
    @babygagnon2018 that’s a great deal! DH is use to me delay the line for my million coupons. He just walks away and asks me how much we saved lol 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere you’re probably eyeing the free to grow, which can be used from 7-45 lbs, whereas the original Tula on sale at BBB cannot be used until 15 lbs, and yeah the free to grow is more expensive. I decided to get the free to grow because I know I’ll want to babywear right away and wasn’t crazy about the newborn wrap I used last time. I got it on amazon for 135 by using the registry completion discount. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 can't wait for the discount. Coming up May 8th! Lol I keep adding things 
  • Options
    @wildtot lots of things were not on sale yet like diapers or were only 10% off. hope they start to discount more. 

• Options
    @kissableviv we are not having a shower or sharing the registry with anyone, so I changed my due date (AKA lied) to get the discount sooner because I wanted to just check things off our list. Already maxed out the discount lol. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I went to the one by my work today to look at their dressers and its only 20%. I asked one of the employees how often they are increasing the discounts and he said every 1-2 weeks. This store will be open until end of June apparently because it's a liquidation store, per the employee. The brus by dh's work is already closed. Hopefully we can snag a dresser before they close. Maybe a stroller. 

• Options

@runsomewhere The Tula on BBB for $111 can be used for under 15 lbs, but you would need the infant insert  *from the Tula website: Allows for long-time use from infancy to toddlerhood. Standard baby carriers can be used from 15 - 45 pounds and toddler carriers from 25 - 60 pounds. Standard-sized carriers can be used from birth with a Tula Infant Insert*

@zande2016 I have a terrible Tula addiction....DH will kill me if I buy a free to grow but I really want to! What pattern did you get?

• Options
    @owl_momma I am excited to try mine! My toddler refuses to let me try it with him. I got the black one with white stars...sorry not sure of the name. I realllly had my eye on a navy one with pink flowers but I decided to be gender neutral since I'm having a boy. 
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    Motherhood Maternity is having a flash $8 bra sale (starts at $8). Looks like a pretty good sale - today only!

https://www.motherhood.com/must-have-deals/