Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 11/2

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: *"Borrowed" from TWW* - What will you be doing for US Thanksgiving. If you're not in the US, what did you do or will be doing for other similar fall holidays? 

Re: WTO Thursday 11/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@nimmle So fun! Philly is also a small big city. 

@kiwi2628 Dinner out sounds lovely. We do dinner out on Friday because everyone is sick of cooking!

@lalala2004 Sorry to hear you don't get your family for Thanksgiving. It is so much nicer with everything from scratch. But, it's always fun to have a really big family together!

@And846 I'm the worst on days off. I have big plans to be productive, but so often I just procrastinate!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU:charting, CM, started temping yesterday, will start OPKs tomorrow

R/R: I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat that kept me up for awhile. Then I took some ibuprofin for the swelling. So, I didn't sleep well and took medicine. My temp went up lot, so on Day 2 of temping, I feel like i've already screwed it up (even though I know it's just one day... I'm just irrational). 

CS/Q:

GTKY: *"Borrowed" from TWW* - What will you be doing for US Thanksgiving. If you're not in the US, what did you do or will be doing for other similar fall holidays? 
    We go to the Jersey shore for thanksgiving. I come from a big Irish Catholic family and we all get together at the beach and play a big football game 

• Options

@nimmle I always wonder that too (about the temps), but then I usually assume my thermometer is just acting up.  Also, Florida sounds awesome!  Will it be just you and YH or other family/friends?

@kiwi2628 Yay!  That's great news.

@lalala2004 My experience with food/in-laws/parents is very similar to yours, so I feel you.  It's hard to be away from your family on one of the yummiest days of the year! 

@And846 Welcome!  I'm sorry I did not get a chance to post yesterday, but so glad you are here.  

Month/Cycle: 6/7 (1 benched)

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: all the things  :)

R/R:  Went to a yoga class yesterday and it was great to stretch out!  MH is feeling better and I got a positive opk this morning, so hoping for some QT tonight.  ;)  

CS/Q:  Does anyone have an issue with not getting any EWCM?  (**TW I used to notice it when charting when we tried for DS, but since we've been trying again I have not noticed any.  end TW*)  I still have CM, just not the watery/ewcm kind.  I've tried upping my water intake, drinking green tea, taking EPO, and I've been trying to use pre-seed.  I'm just kind of bummed thinking that it may make conception almost impossible. :#:/

We will be getting together with my ILs and MH's extended family.  
  • Options
    @dukestar5 I have scant CM, so I really have to go searching to find it. I think you're fine though because watery CM and creamy CM can still be fertile....and/or you might have EWCM but just aren't finding it. Try not to worry too much about it unless you're just completely dry/sticky all the time.

@dukestar42 ((hugs)) making decisions as big as this are never easy, but I think you're following your instincts, and should give yourself time to accept this next step. It's always hard to accept that you need help TTC, so give yourself some time. I think your Thanksgiving sounds lovely. I hope the stress starts to ease now that you have a path to follow :)

@westphilly A beach Thanksgiving?! How fun and not stressful! Sign me up. Don't feel bad about your temp issues...it takes a bit to get into a routine. You're also still early on in your cycle, so it shouldn't mess anything up at all :)

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @nimmle Will you be visiting family in Florida? Also wanted to tell you that Wicked last night was fantastic! I've been listening to the original cast soundtrack since the show came out and honestly didn't think I'd be impressed with the current cast, since who can top Idina Menzel?! But it was so great and the cast was on point! FX you O soon!
    @lalala2004 good luck with the sexy time tonight! ;)
    @And846 Where do you live in Florida?
    @westphilly Hope you feel better soon! I've been fighting a cold and my temp jumped quite a bit too, so that may be why yours increased.
    @dukestar5 IIRC you don't check your CM internally, right? Or have you tried that yet? You may find more EWCM hiding up near your cervix. But if you already check up there, I'm not sure what to tell you. Do you drink much caffeine? That may dry up your CM...
    @darkstar42 I'm so glad you came to a decision you're somewhat comfortable with. It sounds like a good decision, IMO, and you know that we all have everything crossed for you and are thinking about you as you get the process started for your IUI!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: benched. It's FW right now and it feels SO WEIRD not jumping on DH as often as possible. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something!

R/R: any boy band fans out there? Ashley Parker Angel from O Town was in Wicked last night! I was so excited and had my cheesy little fan girl moment. ;) DH and I had drinks after the show at the top of the Marriott and it was so nice looking out over the city!

GTKY: The last few years we've had really low key Thanksgivings since we don't live near family. We may just go out to eat this year since it's not really worth cooking a whole turkey for just us!
    ETA: clarifying that I did not in fact have after show drinks with Ashley ;)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 oooo fancy restaurant dinner sounds fun! We've done that on occasion.

@lalala2004 Sorry you won't be with your family this year.

@And846 Legit. I refuse to shop on thanksgiving. Also, what's the point when I can get the same kinds of deals on Amazon and never leave my couch :)

@westphilly I love Philly. I've floated the idea of moving there to MH. He's not to into it even though he's from Bucks County.

@dukestar5 My Mom has a condo down near my Grandma so the whole family is headed down. My Uncle also lives about 30-45 mins away so it will be chaos, but good chaos. As far as your CM question I notice I get significantly more EWCM before AF and not that much around FW. Which is weird.

@darkstar42 I'm sorry it looks like AF is coming. Seems that there is not much point in waiting too much longer to get assistance. Hopefully next cycle goes well. FX for you! And yes, good lord I hope my body is gearing up for O.

@josie12367 Hey TTC twin! I saw your note yesterday, but didn't want to bump the board up :) Fun that we are around the same place. I have a ton of family down there so it's going to be a hoot and a half. FX you get that positive OPK soon. I looked at the strip on by CBAD this morning and it was totally odd. The test line was dark, but it was only the edge of it. I dunno if it was just a bad test strip or what. Sitting here and holding my pee for a good OPK sample at 11.  :#
  • Options
    @dukestar5 if you don't go digging, it might be there and you're just not seeing it. Another thing some people do is take mucinex (pure guaifenesin, no sudafed) which can increase CM. And lowering caffeine as others said can also help. I didn't drink much caffeine the first time I was TTC, but I haven't cut down this time.... Yet.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @offtoneverland I'm so glad you had a good time at Wicked! Seriously a top notch show. Also, crazy that Ashley Parker Angel was in it, I didn't know. O-town came to my school when I was younger before they were bigger. I had no idea who they were and then they became more widely known.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @darkstar42 Yep, the show was on Broadway. We haven't seen a Broadway show in a really long time and I forgot just how amazing the actors are! Game hens are a great idea! I just might have to do that since we haven't cooked for Thanksgiving in a while. Thanks for the idea! Spicy Indian stuffing sounds fabulous!
    @jaylii Good luck with the interviews today. I hope your hair turns out well! I've always wanted to try bayalage but haven't yet. Sounds like fun to treat yourself! :)
    ETA: words
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options

Hi ladies!! This is my first WTO post... excited to "meet" you guys!

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, B6, Pom juice, green tea, HIO, BBT- although I might take a break from this... all the usual stuff! 

R/R: Rave: Working from home today! AKA wearing PJ's while I work! Rant: CD 2. 

CS/Q: no chart

GTKY: *"Borrowed" from TWW* - What will you be doing for US Thanksgiving. If you're not in the US, what did you do or will be doing for other similar fall holidays? @nimmle I'm also going to Florida! I grew up there and my family is down there so I'm excited to spend some time with them... the warmer weather won't hurt either :) 

@lalala2004 totally get wanting to be with your fam instead of the in-laws! We usually spend Christmas with my in-laws since they live closer, and it's just not the same! 

@kiwi2628 fancy dinner out sounds amazing- and no dishes to clean up! 

@And846 I agree with keeping black friday just to friday! GL! 

@westphilly beach football sounds really fun! 

@dukestar5 yay on the OPK! I've noticed an increase in my EWCM in the past couple months, I did add green tea a couple months ago and I always drink a lot of water. I've added POM juice too so I'm not sure if that's doing anything. 

@darkstar42 that's not an easy decision to make, but glad your insurance covers some of it. The feeling of AF arriving each month is such a bummer. FX for you in this process! 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 5/3 (I hate having long cycles!)

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: CM, OPKs, PNV

R/R: Rave: It's my Friday and the weather is beautiful today!  It has been super cold and rainy lately and today is sunny and in the mid-60's!  I have an interview next week for a work-at-home position that I would LOVE to get and I'm so hoping it works out!  After driving 35 miles to and from work (70 total) each day for 8 years I would be so freakin' thrilled not to have that commute anymore.  And I *think* I'm going to be ovulating in the next couple of days so I'm in a great mood today!

CS/Q: None

GTKY: *"Borrowed" from TWW* - What will you be doing for US Thanksgiving. If you're not in the US, what did you do or will be doing for other similar fall holidays?    We always have a busy Thanksgiving Day.  We always watch the Macy's parade (fun fact: I was in the parade in 2003!) and have a lazy morning.  We have three different family dinners to juggle so we don't go to all of them.  We try to rotate so we usually go every other year to DH's family and the next year go to my Dad's/stepfamily or my Mom's house.  (My mom is a nurse and has to work on Thanksgiving some years).  This year I think we will be going to my Dad's/stepfamily and haven't heard what everyone else has planned.  It's terrible but I prefer not to go to DH's side of the family.  It's so boring and the food is awful!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mmccorm2014mmccorm2014 member
    edited November 2017

Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD: ? (technically 61- spotting on CD 28- 29, 45-48) 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK- all the things

R/R: Rave. DH and I have a date night planned for tonight. It has been too long!

CS/Q: none

GTKY: *"Borrowed" from TWW* - What will you be doing for US Thanksgiving. If you're not in the US, what did you do or will be doing for other similar fall holidays? We host Thanksgiving at our house. My parents, in-laws and a few other relatives.
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    @offtoneverland So glad you had a good time at Wicket! That soundtrack is amazing. Sounds like you're having a really nice trip!
    @darkstar42 Hugs for your tough decision making. Sounds like your quiet Thanksgiving is just what you need with your DH to reconnect and relax. Hoping it's restful for you two! 
    @nimmle We love living in Philly. We're city people, and Philly is the most affordable city that's close to home. It's also just like they say, a city of neighborhoods. We know so many of our neighbors. There are always block parties and on Halloween there was a massive block party/parade where everyone from the whole neighborhood went. It was so fun to see everyone in one place. 
    @jaylii New hair color is so fun!  Can't wait to see the pic!
    @dukestar5 I just started checking CM internally, and it was so much easier than I thought. And there was a lot more than I thought based on just checking when I wipe. 
  • Options
    @darkstar42 Honestly, as sad as I was about doing IUI, it felt good to be doing something. Even though they didn't work for me, they gave me a better shot than just me on my own, so at least you will have that.

@josie12367 kind of, yea. Because of the way each individual reacts to medications, it is a very fluid calendar of when we hope/expect things will happen. For example (and I am making this up, I dont have a calendar yet), I am starting estrogen on the 16th. Then I will have bloodwork on the 22nd. Based on that bloodwork, I may do estrogen for 3 more days, or may stop that day. Then based on when I stop, I start stimming 2-3 days later, and I stim for 7-14 days...so its a very fluid calendar.
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited November 2017
    @nimmle Florida sounds amazing!  I'm jealous!
    @westphilly your Thanksgiving sounds like so much fun!  
    @dukestar5 yay for a positive OPK!
    @darkstar42 good luck with your upcoming cycle!  I'm sorry you're still feeling unsure but at least you have a plan.  Having a plan always helps me to feel better.  And yay for insurance coverage!
    @offtoneverland I totally remember Ashley Parker Angel!  So wait, are you saying you had drinks with him?? Or did I read that wrong lol?

Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @blackhottamales Thank your for the response. I am truly sorry if I hurt or offended you since I joined the dailies.

@Avrilmai I did not look in the TFAS past posts about this, I did bring up BFP posting for those who don't branch out from that single thread. I will go look for info on this. I am sorry if I haven't been as tactful as I should have been.  

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    mrs_drc_rnmrs_drc_rn member
    edited November 2017
    *lurking from TWW*

@darkstar42 I’m sorry that you’re not feeling great about everything but I think it’s good that you’re able to move forward with a plan. Sending lots of creepy internet hugs! 
  • Options
    @jaylii sounds like a nice treat to get your hair done! It’s the best feeling to leave with a sassy new ‘do and blowout!

@offtoneverland llllooove Wicked as well! The tunes say in my head for weeks after the show. I’m in Orlando.

@dukestar Thanks!

Give me a few more dailies and I’ll get better at replying and commenting and supporting! Still trying to get the swing of the thread and comunits! 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales @sarafuss oh geez! I realize now that was written really poorly. I saw Ashley Parker Angel in the show and had drinks afterwards with my husband! Lol! Sorry for the confusion!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland haha I thought you might have meant your husband but I didn't want to just gloss over the fact that you had drinks with a member of a boy band! lol
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 Thank you for explaining it to me :) So exciting to finally be starting your journey. FX for you to be able to start up ASAP, and for everything to go much smoother from here on out!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    @princesslockness I also teach at the middle school level. It is a fun age, but it is easy to burn them out on topics as well. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    @nimmle My dad *always* runs into someone he knows, even states and miles away. It is weird how those things happen!
    @kiwi2628. Yay for your IVF calendar!  Eating out for Thanksgiving sounds lovely!
    @lalala2004 FX for tonight!
    @princesslockness I hate trying to fit everyone in on holidays. So. Much. Stress. 
    @darkstar42. ((All the hugs and kitty headbutts) 
    @dukestar5 I haven’t read others replies to your questions. Do you drink much caffeine, take allergy meds?  
    That can dry up CM pretty quickly. 
    @josie12367
    @and846 welcome :)
    @westphilly

• Options
    Oops, posted too soon. @westphilly your Thanksgiving sounds glorious!
    @josie12367 feeling left out is such a bummer :(. If I were there, I’d come cook with you!!  When I was overseas, holidays were SO hard to be away from my family and traditions. MH & I go flea market/thrifting a lot in the winter to get out of the house. Find anything good??
    @Avrilmai  Horry for no-shows!

• Options
    jrm_14 said:
    ****Trimming*******
    GTKY:  My brother invited H & me over. Historically, we haven’t had the best relationship for about the past 12 years. He invited us over 3 times in the last 6 weeks, which is 3 more times Jan the last 12 years. We will see how it goes. They have gross food, though. We all went there per family rotation last year and the stuffing was awful. I’m vain like that. 

That is a deal breaker for me. Stuffing has to be on point, as its super easy and you can get it from a box. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.