June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (w/o 10/30)

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 10/30)

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I found the cheesecake to be underwhelming. Maybe it was just overhyped by all the ex-New Yorkers here in FL.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 be honest, were they Long Islanders exaggerating their relationship to NYC?  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That makes me feel better I was going to be mad if I missed out on something good the last time we were there!

I can completely agree on the pizza I got so giddy when I had one slice served on 2 paper plates side by side. It was also the first pizza ds has ever enjoyed. Still havent had a bagel in NY though.
  • Options
    I haven't been around all day. Crazy day of work and I actually feel blah again today. Not a good combo!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    A momma who I recently met just asked me if, starting in January, I might be willing to watch her son a couple days a week. He will be about 4 months old come January. I am honored that she would even think of me. And a couple days a week seems pretty doable. Might even be good practice for DS to have a younger baby around before his sibling arrives. Or am I crazy for even considering this? 

Anybody else watch other’s littles in their homes to make a little extra cash? Or anyone have their littles being watched by someone in home (not day care)? I have no idea what a good price on this would be. 
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I watched my cousins daughter at home for a little bit when she was a few months old. As long as you're comfortable with it and the mom is, I think it's okay. As far as price, I think that would depend on your experience in childcare (beyond your own) and if you're CPR/first aid certified I've seen people raise their price with that.  
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I think if you feel good and it sounds like something enjoyable for you... You should go for it! And that true it will be good practice for you and your LO. As far as pricing. A friend of mine in IN had a child she watched in home weekly and charged the friend of hers $25/day for 6 - 8 hours. But she was really just doing it as a favor and to have a little friend for her LOs to play with. I would look at how much the day cares charge in your area and maybe do something comparable to that? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I’m going to give you antecdotal advice... really consider what you’re committing to. I watched a little boy (he was 4ish months) when my oldest was about 18 months and I literally hated it.  It stressed me out so much. 
    Though, mine was about 9 hours a day 5 days a week for about 4 months total, and I got paid $4 an hour. It was too much and not worth it money wise. 

The baby cried a lot and since he wasn’t mine he wasn’t easily comforted. It also really limited what we could do during the day and I missed the freedom I had with just me and DS. 

Obviously your situation is different but I just wanted to give some been there done there advice. Really think about if it’d be worth it!

H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I’ve never heard of someone getting a babysitter for less than $18/hour.... is this somehow a different situation? Legit question. Like my 15-year-old friends were paid $18/hr 15 years ago. 
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox $4/hour?!?  Ohh hell no!!  

@BurlapandLace you also have to determine if they’re claiming it on their taxes, in which case you would need to as well.  I personally would steer clear unless it’s something that you really want to do or you really need the money.  I just feel like there’s a lot of unknowns for you right now - how you will be feeling...etc.  
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 holy wow! That’s so much money. I babysat as a high schooler (8 ish years ago). As an adult I babysat for $16 (after a few raises) for 4 kids. 
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox where are you located? My knowledge is all San Francisco, DC and NYC based. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 ah yeah that would explain it. I’m in Kansas  :D just a littttttle different. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 ah yeah that would explain it. I’m in Kansas  :D just a littttttle different. 
    lol yeah those are NYC prices. We are in the south and pay $12/hour for DD. We actually use her daycare teacher, so DD already sees her every day, which is comforting, and she’s a childcare professional. 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker