June 2018 Moms

Fit Friday 10/27

A new week, a new check in! (Some questions stolen from May18). 

How far along are you?

What type of activity/activities have you been doing?

What are your activity and health goals over the duration of your pregnancy?

Questions, raves, rants, concerns?

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc?
H. Foxe born October 22, 2013

Re: Fit Friday 10/27

• How far along are you?
    5 weeks

One weight lifting class this week and some walks. 

Planning on continuing a weight lifting class and cardio class as long as possible, and start walking close to daily. As far as nutrition, I need to cut down on my carbs and really watch how much sugar I’m eating. 

According to my BMI im right on the obese side of the overweight/obese line. I always worry about how my weight will affect my baby. Also worrying about losing weight again after I give birth. I know I just need to take my health one step at a time but it can be overwhelming!

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc?
    I’d love to do rock climbing! 
  • How far along are you? 8+6

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? Honestly? Nothing. Pregnancy screwed up my wrist almost immediately, so I've been taking it easy. It was finally starting to feel better, so I was going to get back into it this weekend, but now I have the flu! Womp. Previously, though, I'd been doing pilates, spin and HIIT classes.

What are your activity and health goals over the duration of your pregnancy? I want to gain strength, and I don't want to become over flexible. I have really loose ligaments to begin with (hence the wrist issue), so I need to focus on strength and stability, not flexibility. I'm worried that as pregnancy continues my joints are all just going to separate from each other lol (only sort of kidding). 

Questions, raves, rants, concerns? Other than I have the flu and I am miserable? No.

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? I wish I was strong enough to do a silks class! I've thought about trying that sort of silks yoga class, but I usually can't do yoga because I can't (even in the best of times) put pressure on my wrists. In pilates I modify everything to be on my forearms, but that's not as easy in yoga typically. I'm just not strong enough at all to do a silks class yet. Literally, when I went to get my wrist evaluated by the physiatrist, she was like, "Well, you have a lot of muscle weakness... but it's on both sides, so I guess that's normal for you??" Sigh. And at that point I'd been working out 3-4x a week for nearly a year! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 5+1

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? Took my usual Group Blast (step) and Group Fight (cardio kickboxing similar to Tae Bo) classes.

What are your activity and health goals over the duration of your pregnancy? I want to be active the whole pregnancy and work in more toning/weightlifting. Anyone follow Tone It Up? I want to incorporate some of their workouts into my routine.

Questions, raves, rants, concerns? Wish I was eating better. I'm not really nauseous yet (knock on wood) but I've still been overindulging in carbs.

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? I wish I could afford/justify the added cost of Gravity. It's like a class for the Total Gym (ever see the infomercials?) I've taken it when its offered for free, and its such a good workout!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 so sorry you’re sick! It totally sucks being sick in the first place but I also hate how week I feel starting to work out again after being sick for a week! And the wrist issue too... :(

@bump310301121 I do Group Blast and Group Power! Haven’t tried Group Fight yet. 
  • @fantasticmrsfox I take Power every once in a while - I wish I could make it more regularly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    7 weeks

Walking and light weights. Feeling I need to get some more cardio in, my walking is just strolls nothing intense but my body is moving.

Keep active and healthy steady weight gain

Concerned how much weight I'll put on, havent been eating the best since BFP with food aversions and nausea. Now thats its not quite as strong I plan to clean up my diet.

Rock climbing and boxing or kick boxing! 
  • @bump310301121 @fantasticmrsfox +1 for the Group classes! I do Active, Power, Ride, and Blast. Power is my favorite. Blast is hardest for me, there's no decreasing the intensity if you're out of breath. 

How far along are you? 5+6

Group classes at the gym. I couldn't get to the gym today because DDs carseat was drying out so I pushed both kids in the double stroller to do an errand in the neighborhood. I actually got breathless. The double up hills is no joke.

Increase muscle tone to prevent aches and pains. More energy. Easier labor. Swifter recovery.  This will be my last pregnancy so I'm trying to get a head start on really getting my body back after 3 closely spaced pregnancies. My boobs will never be the same but my butt still has a chance!

Just feeling a little more breathless than usual. 

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? I'm pretty happy with my basic classes.
  • @tepr14 I haven’t been eating the best either! Nausea makes me want carbs :# 

@llamamama14 we don’t have Active at ours, what is it? And yes Blast is hard! It doesn’t ever seem to get easier, ha! I haven’t done it since finding out I’m pregnant but hope to this week if I have the energy!
  • @fantasticmrsfox active is part cardio part strength and part balance. It's basically  half blast and half power. I like it.

• How far along are you? Tomorrow will be 7 weeks

I’ve been doing barre classes consistently since January, and I’ve taken 3 so far this week

to continue to do barre - it has really built up the strength in my body and I would love to have a healthy and “fit” pregnancy and do this as long as I can 

• @fantasticmrsfox active is part cardio part strength and part balance. It's basically  half blast and half power. I like it.
    Sounds awesome!!
  • How far along are you? 6+1

Running (3-4 miles 5or 6 days a week, mostly with the jogging stroller) and lots of walking. Before DS was born and we lived closer to the gym, I used to be a big group class person. Now we live about 40 minutes out and I can't justify the cost. But classes are the best...somehow when I'm doing a strength workout in my living room, I'm too tempted to quit or get distracted.

Keep some level of fitness for as long as possible, to have an "easier" labor and stay healthy for me and baby. My biggest challenge is nutrition. I eat pretty healthy meals, but I have a sugar problem and find it so hard to resist sweets...on a daily basis.

I hate that it's so dark this time of year! My son is a super early riser, and I would love to get my run over with first thing in the morning, but I keep having to push it later and later because it's so dark.

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? I've taken a couple of Barre classes at the YMCA and on youtube but I always wanted to try one of the specialty studios and go consistently.
  • Hey guys, I totally missed this on Friday. Sorry for the late response. 

How far along are you? 6+1

Weight training, conditioning, and spin

I’d like to continue to gain strrentand improve my endurance. 

I’m excited that I hit 155 on my deadlift yesterday! 

i really want a Pelaton bike at home. I go to the studio, which is a 20 minute walk from my house. But I know as I get further along and post-baby, I’m going to be less motivated, so I just want the bike in my house. Cost and space in my apartment are holding me back right now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @katelynrae86 yay another runner! DId you run through your last pregnancy? I'm hoping to last as long as possible this time, I will be seriously depressed when I can't run anymore!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016