June 2018 Moms

UO Thursday│10.26

Re: UO Thursday│10.26

• Now I really wish I'd stopped for pizza.
    Thanks, guys. :sa

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• basemodel said:
    LuLaRoe is ugly.
    I have one pair of LLR leggings that were given to me that are kinda cute and admittedly comfy. Looked them up to see if I wanted to get more- not only are most of the patterns way too busy and/or crazily colored, but they're expensive AF! Like why??
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m with you guys on hating the lularoe. I hate being added to those groups on Facebook. I leave them immediately. No I don’t want to buy your crap
  • I was at the zoo all day enjoying this random cold front and missed out on a busy day!

•Starburst are meh. 
    •DD and Starbucks coffee is gross. I only ever get fraps at Starbucks because they taste like a coffee milkshake.
    •I got DD a pizza from Pizza Hut last week (I was at Taco Bell because I make good choices) and it legit smelled rotten.  
    •I don't know how people do winters. I'll take a hurricane scare every 10/15yrs over snow any day. 
    •I have some LLR but only really to support friends who were selling it. 
    •Birth announcements aren't my thing but I don't mind receiving them. 

People who sells that pink drink stuff annoy me more than anyone. 

DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 what’s the pink drink stuff???
  • @boymama29 It's Plexis. I have a bunch of people on my fb feed that sell it and they do it off their personal page. Like at least the LLR people have business pages, so I can hide that sh*t. 
  • @dinodna3 oh man I don’t think anyone of my Facebook friends sells that thank goodness! I hate it if I have to see it 24/7
  • I don't get the essential oil craze.

I have asthma and am allergic to a zillion things, so smells really bother me. 
  • I mercifully don’t actually know anyone irl who sells pyramid scheme stuff, but I don’t know if I could resist hounding them with logic if I did. And honestly I don’t know if I could ever actually be close friends with someone who did? Because at best it’s a lot of ignorance, at worst it’s predatory.  I did PR once (briefly, long time ago) for a v large pyramid scheme and it was... eye opening. 
  • Pickles are disgusting. Anything orange flavored anything is gross...and I don't understand how people sit and watch football all day and all weekend, I'm usually bored after about 5 minutes
  • So much...

-I watch GOT but mute/ff/cover my eyes/ skip entire storylines.  I've gotten pretty good at peeking at the corner of the screen to see when a scene is over. Same with Outlander.

-I am pro birth announcement. We sent just like 10 birth announcements to family for our 2nd. Mainly I want the keepsakes for my kids. 

-All multi level marketing companies turn me off. 

-My U.O. I don't like ultrasound pictures or bump picture threads. They make me uncomfortable. Too intimate/IRL maybe? I'm pretty private and never share on social media which is probably why I feel this way. 

The Bump picture threads also give me that feeling you get when you see a radio personality's picture and it's not how you pictured them. 

• @llamamama14 I don’t post pictures on social media etc either, but I like seeing what other people look like in their HDBD posts  :D
  • goldenlolagoldenlola member
    edited October 2017
    - GOT have never gotten into it but DH and I might start, use to watch TWD and got board

- No thanks to HP books or movies. Not my jam

- Mmm starbursts  <3 anything but yellow

- I’m indifferent about birth announcements. We didn’t do them for DD and might not for thins baby, we’ll see. I don’t mind receiving the them. I share pics of DD on Instagram but not many on Facebook, and most definitely no oversharing of newborn pics, hospital pics, bath pics etc.

- Pickles are delicious!!!!

- Gender reveals are kind of cheesy, especially if the parents know

- ETA: Starbucks is delicious, I’ve had DD once (Canadian here) and it was gross and the styrofoam cup was even worse

My UOs:

Back to the social media, people over share way too much. I really don’t need to know your entire days schedule or need to see you constantly complaining about life.

I hate when people use their children as an excuse for not going somewhere, attending family functions, travelling. “It’s too much for the kids” ... no sweetheart I think it’s  too much for you, stop using your kids as an out. 

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• dinodna3 said:
    People who sells that pink drink stuff annoy me more than anyone. 

THIS
  • bkrahnbkrahn member
    edited October 2017
    @lrichhx05 we did a gender reveal "party" with immediate family only.. just to make it fun for them. Literally just did the cupcake thing with the coloured centre. Simple. But anyone beyond family, totally agree with you! I know someone that threw a party and had the 3D ultrasound video playing on a projector screen for everyone the entire time and that would just be SO weird for me.

edit: missed a word
  • To add to the GOT and walking Dead type shows....I stopped watching them incentive I got pregnant with DD1. I think I'm going to get nightmares and will affect the baby in a way. I know it's  not true, but still that's what I think lol
  • @bkrahn I think simple things like that are understandable, because immediate family would be excited. But we got invited to one for my husband's friend and I'm just like I really don't care that much to spend my day finding out the sex of your baby. And yeah a projected 3D ultrasound is definitely over the top! 
  • @Amphibious22 I also hate the was it planned question. My first pregnancy my OB asked me that at my first appointment and it rubbed me the wrong way. I was on the younger side and my now husband and I weren't married so it just felt judgy. 
  • Agreed @Amphibious22. It’s always the people who don’t know you well who ask that the most, too. 

I’ve read the first HP book and haven’t seen any of the movies. I just can’t get into it- I don’t get it!

I did birth announcements after 3 months I think. Mostly because I have a lot of old relatives that don’t use a computer. But it’s a nice keepsake— I agree with @llamamama14.  So we’ll probably do them again but probably at 6 months this time.  :D

My simple u/o: licorice and white chocolate— yuck!
  • lrichhx05 said:
    @Amphibious22 I also hate the was it planned question. My first pregnancy my OB asked me that at my first appointment and it rubbed me the wrong way. I was on the younger side and my now husband and I weren't married so it just felt judgy. 
    I understand the weirdness with that question, but I think on the flip side they don't want to assume it's a wanted pregnancy if it isn't? Like, they don't want to pressure someone to keep a baby they don't want? If that makes sense. It's sort of a lose/lose question scenario statistically based on the variety of patients they'll see each day. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 - I never realized this before,  but you're completely right.  Everyone who says they don't like GOT or Walking Dead always have the exact same short response of "it's too gorey" but nothing beyond that.  It's really dismissive. They have no idea how amazing the story is and visually some of the GOT episodes are more like mini movies. So good!! GOT 4 life
  • @doxiemoxie212 I can definitely see what you're talking about in reference to OBs, but I'm more talking about other people, like coworkers and family members. It's just hard for me to not feel offended by it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 yeah, super weird question for non-doctors to ask. 
  • People selling things on Facebook - awful.  The FB message always goes the same way: "Hey long time no talk!  Oh my gosh your daughter is so cute and getting so big!  So I am selling..........."  Bleh.  When R+F has some sort of new announcement, my insta feed will literally have 3+ in a row of the same thing.  However not gunna lie I wanna try me some Lash Boost some day.

Gender reveal parties - awkward.  The gender is revealed, everyone jumps up and down, and then it's like nobody knows what to say next or where to look.  

Pickles are amazing and taking a big gulp of the salty brine is even better!

• Um. @Miz_Liz what on earth is in this pickle dip. And...do...do you have a recipe?

My UO is apprently that I love both GOT and Walking Dead and violence/sex on TV. Especially when it serves a purpose in the story. That's good entertainment!

• My UO is being invited to any of those "parties" Just don't. I want to support my friends but I dont want to buy any of that over priced junk.  I went to a 31 party where they had a $65 bag/tote and honestly it was probably even more.  I found something almost identical at Michaels for $12. Guess who always has 40% off coupons?  I'll make it easy for you, its not 31. 

THANK YOU. I feel like if you are really my friend, you won't try to pressure me to buy something I don't want/need. It's awkward and I'm not good at saying no to people, especially my friends. I have a friend who sells Mary Kay and she is SUPER persistent and constantly asking me to come to events, etc... where I would then be pressured to buy things. It's honestly negatively impacted our friendship because I feel like she's just using me to try to get more money. Like... if you need money, go to work. Sorry if that's too harsh guys but I really hate it, as someone who would never ask/expect my friends to fund my life. Obviously hosting a one-time party isn't as big of a deal, but I probably wouldn't ever do it.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @buffalove1211 My mom bought me some lash boost...(it's like $150 BTW)...and I have seen some improvement in length from it.  I was really good at first about putting it on every night, but I've gotten out of it now and my lashes seem good still.  I don't know.  For $150, I feel like there's a lot more I could spend that money on.  There's MHO.  

I am into Essential Oils and do have a small team under me but I don't really push anything on social media.  When I started using them I said I NEVER wanted to be that person and make my friends/acquaintances feel obligated to purchase anything or "sell" stuff.  People have approached me about them when they want to just because they know I use them, not because I'm pushy.  I much rather prefer that approach.  Plus it's a lot easier.  haha  And I'm the same way.   I feel obligated to buy when I go to a friends "party" so I never wanted to be that pushy person. 

I have a pair of LLR leggings...they were gifted to me.  They're super soft, but the pattern is SO busy!  I don't wear them often...
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I dont have UO but wanted to add to the pushy LLR discussion. Last year everyone went to my grandma and great-grandpas house for Christmas for our white elephant exchange. Some friends of hers were apparently sellers and added 2 pairs of leggings to the gifts as soon as someone opened one it became a complete sales pitch for the rest of time. It was really awkward and kind of ruined the whole point of the day, everyone left quickly after. I ended up with a pair, I will say they are soft and comfortable but the pattern is way too obnoxious. I occasionally wear them around the house if Im not going anywhere. 

And regarding starburts I like ALL of the flavors...I guess that can be my UO 
  • *Also lurking.  UOs are the best.*

@emjeve and @syssa-o I agree with the whole rainbow thing.  People refer to my twins as my rainbow babies, and it doesn't really bother me, but 
    *TW late pregnancy loss*
    My sister lost her son a few hours after he was born at 30 weeks
    *end TW*
    and she gets upset when people call her younger son her rainbow baby, because she feels like it implies that her older son was "a storm" or something bad and dark, and it bothers her.  She doesn't like that people seem to only want to acknowledge her son's death, and not his life.  While it was obviously very painful to lose her son, she doesn't think of his life as any less happy and loving as with either of her other kids.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Court11152325Court11152325 member
    edited October 2017
    On LLR - one of my friends from my last bmb sells LLR. She has taken a leave of absence from her job to be a stay at home mom and has been able to supplement income through LLR. She's never pushy and only posts on her LLR page. Never on her own page. She has somewhere around 800 members on the page and you are only allowed to invite someone to be a member if they have explicitly said "yes, please invite me." 

I guess I go back and forth with the MLM companies. It's great to see an industry that, for many women, is empowering and allows them to make money that they may not have made previously. However, there are the horrible stories of women losing money as well. I suppose, in the end, I'd rather support a friend and be selective in buying only things I like. I mostly buy LLR for my daughter because their kids stuff is pretty cute. 

Perhaps my second UO this week is that I have a more positive outlook on LLR.