June 2018 Moms

UO Thursday│10.26

Re: UO Thursday│10.26

• Mmm coffee. How I miss thee already. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No HP movies for me, but I LOVED reading the books...except #5, @doxiemoxie212, which drove me bonkers! I thought Harry was such an adolescent toolbag almost the whole time. I think #6 is my favorite, followed by #3. 
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro that’s what I loved! It’s so accurate! Also it’s so long, and honestly I just want to be in the hp universe forever so... ;) 
  • Pickles are disgusting!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisa2589 you’re not eating them right then ;)!  My friend makes pickle dip for parties and I could eat the whole bowl of it!
  • @basemodel - Bleh!  Room temp cheese has that strange sponge-like consistency with a greasy coating!
    @boymama29 I know you!

UO: I think birth announcements sent in the mail are ridiculous if your baby is already blasted all over Facebook.  Extra ridiculous if you use a picture (or one very similar) that was already posted on social media.  I guess they are meant for older generations to enjoy?  When I receive one, it sits on the counter for a day or 2 and ends up in the trash.
  • @buffalove1211 This makes me feel good, because sometimes I feel like a crappy mother for never sending out a birth announcement for our first. (Dude was all over FB a few days after birth.) I will pretend that everyone I know feels the same way as you, and revel in the fact that my laziness actually makes me a great mother. HA.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Re: birth announcements, do people really do that? Send out snail mail announcements..? 
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited October 2017
    Mmm coffee. How I miss thee already. 
    I still drink coffee if I'm having a "good" MS day. *shrug*
    Usually it's only like half a cup if even that.

On that note, most chain store coffee is burnt.
    ETA: and tastes gross. Apparently I didn't finish that statement.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @buffalove1211 You better believe it I sent out a birth announcement to almost everyone!  :)  I love doing them!  I am a photographer/designer on the side though so I enjoy designing it.  And I used pictures that weren't on/have never been on FB.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @doxiemoxie212 oh yes!  I have gotten a zillion of them.  I too just throw them away (which is why I would never waste $$ on them myself).
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited October 2017
    I love giving and receiving mail, so I will definitely send out birth announcements. I don't like Facebook much and will likely start a separate IG account for just baby pics, so I don't think anyone will really know I was pregnant or had a baby without sending those out. 

Edited to add: This is probably an UO, but I don't want my kids to take over my own personal social media. I am always sort of weirded out when my adult friends have their baby or child as their own profile picture. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love birth announcements! With our first we sent to EVERYONE, but our second we only sent to family and really close friends- we’ll do the same this time around. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• This conversation on birth announcements just made me remember I never got around to sending them out for DS. Wow. Oh well.  :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @RachelH77 Agreed, Starbucks coffee is not the best (burnt tasting)

Your post also reminded me of another UO. I live for coffee and love most things pumpkin  (baked goods, pie, flavored cereals, as a base for savory soups and chilis) but I can't stand PSLs...it boggles my mind that I don't like the taste :p
  • I skip birth announcements, but I do make a point of sending out annual Christmas cards with a family photo and also birthday party invites with current pictures of the birthday child.  Everyone is either on Facebook or will see the baby in person soon enough. 

And I refuse to feel guilty about not sending out announcements shortly after birth when I'm in the middle of being a tired cranky sleepless mom of a newborn.  :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • 1) Pickles are amazing - but only the Claussen ones 

2) The correct starburst flavor combo is obviously Cherry and Lemon 
  • My UO is that I hate hate hate going to the OBGYN and I can’t wait until I have my ultrasound next week so I can transfer out and to a midwifery practice again. 
  • @mytinc I think I sent our out around two months...so yeah, kind of pointless, but I still love it.  :)  And I know my parents, ILs, grandparents all appreciate that kind of thing too.  And our relatives who live a distance from us who don't have FB and we don't see often in person.  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• @emjeve ~ I get that the rainbow baby is supposed to represent the light at the end of the dark tunnel of loss. But I also get not wanting to think about that loss every time you look at your new baby. 
  • napqueennapqueen member
    edited October 2017
    • Orange Starbursts are my favorite, then strawberry.

• I hate all big name doughnuts. 

My OU: Pizza Hut is my favorite chain restaurant of all time. Their food gives me terrible heart burn, even when not pregnant. But I love it so much.
    (not sure how unpopular this is among you all, but it is very unpopular in my family)
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited October 2017
    damnit, I get busy with work for one day and I have so much to catch up on.

+1 to not being big on dunkin donuts. they get them frozen guys! not fresh at all. I used to love them till we got a privately owned place that is absolutely amazing. I can't wait till sweets sound good again. drool.
    I will go to dunkin often in February though cause they put out their brownie batter donuts, yum

@krashke yeeees!! also hate that. then don't fill your schedule, duh?
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @doxiemoxie212 I know!! I have been bingeing on LLR-hate all day like it's trash TV. 
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • basemodel said:
    I've never had Dunkin Donuts.
    What?!?!?! How?!?!?! DD is life! JK, my sister lives in South Dakota and the closest DD is over 100 miles away so I get it! 

I will take DD over Starbucks anyday of the week...but Krispy Kreme donuts over DD donuts.
  • Strawberry is the best. 
    LulaRoe is the worst. 
    Hate dunkin donuts
    Love Pizza Hut
    Online Birth announcements are the way to go. 

I feel the same way about loving having all one gender. Something about it just seems so fun especially 3 of the same. 

I feel conflicted on the Rainbow baby thing.
    TW* The child I had after stillbirth was NOT a rainbow baby and the term doesn’t sit right after that type of loss. But this one after my mc kind of feels like a rainbow baby...somehow? Like they don’t feel like two separate babies as much or something totally unscientific like that.  
    *end TW*

• You had me at orange starbursts, @napqueen...but you lost me at Pizza Hut. I reject this completely.

The LulaRoe rage pleases me immensely.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • edited October 2017
    @napqueen I like Pizza Hut breadsticks.  And that cheesy bites crust they used to have!!  YUM!!!!

ETA: This. 

All are welcome!

• We don’t have a Pizza Hut nearby but I do love Dominos thin crust Hawaiin.
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I legit thought your picture was one of the app ads and I was like wow, didn’t take long for them to mine our conversation!
  • @Miz_Liz Ha!  That would happen, wouldn't it!  All the stupid ads drive me crazy...  

All are welcome!