Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

infertility after c-section

Hi everyone, 

Been trying to get pregnant for the second time for over a year now (first is 3 year 7 months old) and nothing is happening. I have a dr. appointment coming up but the last time I saw my OBGYN (about 6 months ago) she said everything is fine with me and I'm perfectly healthy. I'm 30 years old and my periods are regular and have a regular 28 day cycle. I have tried everything you can without a prescription and nothing. I know that it is rare to develop secondary infertility after having a c-section, but I'm convinced this is my issue. I had an unplanned c-section and I truly believe it was an unnecessary c-section and now I can't help but think my fertility issues is a direct result from it. Of course I will be discussing this with my OBGYN, but just curious to hear if this was the case for anyone and would love to hear your story. 

Re: infertility after c-section

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    michiblaredomichiblaredo member
    edited October 2017
    @princesslockness Thank you so much for your reply. However, I think it is a little aggressive and not nice. So let me clarify a few things: 

Thing 1: I understand this is a TRYING TO GET pregnant board and I am TRYING TO GET PREGNANT and have been unsuccessful for over a year. I understand that I am TTC for the second time and many women here are TTC for the first time, but I know I'm not the only first time mom on here. I'm NOT looking for anyone to diagnose me, as I stated I'm seeing my OBGYN. I was just looking to see if anyone has or is currently experience secondary infertility and thought this was a safe place to discuss this. 
    Thing 2: As I said above, I'm not looking for a diagnoses on here. Trying to hear from others if any. 
    Thing 3: Yes I have tried basal Body temperature, ovulation day, timed sex, etc. 
    Thing 4: thank you, I will take a look. 
    Thing 5: I have not checked my thyroid and didn't think about that. So thank you for your suggestion and that will be something I will bring up to my OBGYN. 

Now, for clarification you said if I find someone Trying for A Sibling and you said (ME) does that mean you have been trying for another baby? If so do you mind sharing how long you have been trying? Did you have difficulties with the first? 

Everyone that I know that has already had a baby (that didn't have complications with their first) got pregnant almost immediately when they started trying for their second. So I have no support group to talk to about this and I would love to hear second time mom's stories. 

I should add that with my first I had not issues getting pregnant and with OBGYN and friends and family telling me that I'm healthy and there is nothing to worry about has made this process frustrating. So just looking for anyone that can relate, can share their stories, can contribute any guidance. 

TIA