Options

TWW Tuesday 10/24

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

R/R:

Testing:

CS/Q:

GTKY: We all get a little bit nutty around the TWW. What is the craziest thing you have ever convinced yourself of in order to justify taking a test?

Re: TWW Tuesday 10/24

• Options
    Month/Cycle:4/3

CD/DPO:27/7

Timing:-3,-1,0

R/R: I planned on running this morning and I woke up feeling icky, so I didn't run.Yoga tonight.

******************************************TW******************************************************************************
    I am convinced that I had a CP because I ran the week of implantation and I looked back at my chart with my daughter and I didn't run that week... so now I am terrified to run, but I need to get over that and stay fit. I am really struggling with that. My husband thinks I am overthinking it, and keeps telling me its nothing I did, but Idk if I believe him.

Testing: Plan is to test at 11 dpo if I can hold out... increasingly becoming harder and constantly scheming to take it earlier.

CS/Q:nothing right now

GTKY: We all get a little bit nutty around the TWW. What is the craziest thing you have ever convinced yourself of in order to justify taking a test?
    Let's see, right now I keep thinking if I knew sooner about the pregnancy I could book an ultrasound for before our cruise ( the week of thanksgiving) and secure a spot. Also, I keep thinking I want to know the result before my husband does and he wants to test together on saturday. So I keep thinking I better just do it before he realizes and if its negative, no harm done... I have a serious addiction. I need to stop.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking from WTO*
    @Katm89 YGPM :)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD/DPO: 20/4

Timing: -1, -3

R/R: I think my body is trying to tell me I need more sleep. I am so tired in the morning and wait until the last possible second to get out of bed. Also one thing I hate about the TWW is I always have crazy vivid dreams so wake up emotional (and then immediately forget my dream). 

Testing: nope

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: I don't think I've ever convinced myself of anything to take a test? Don't get me wrong. I have taken tests, but never compulsively. And I don't test anymore. No need. 

@kiwi2628 I've always heard that sore boobs was due to progesterone. Weird that it stopped during fertility treatments though? Someone recently said their acupuncturist said sore boobs were psychosomatic and it stopped when she started acupuncture (I can't remember who that was now..)  I never used to notice sore boobs until I started TTGP and was more aware of my body. I also never noticed I only dream in the LP... 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    Katm89Katm89 member
    edited October 2017
    ***************************TW*****************************
    @kiwi2628 Oops to clarify. I had positive pregnancy tests for a week followed by bleeding and a vanishing line. The only thing I assumed was that the running was part of the reason, never thought you guys would take that that way.

@lulu1180 that is a real worry of mine about my CP its not about other people and their losses. I think it is insensitive to try and dictate how I feel and to call it silly.

Edited to add tags
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:14/14

CD/DPO:19/8

Timing: meh

R/R: Welp H left to go and work for his friend this week he won`t be home till Friday. I`m heading over to help my Dad rake his leaves, to bad the wind storm we had last night didn`t blow them all away.

Testing:nope

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: We all get a little bit nutty around the TWW. What is the craziest thing you have ever convinced yourself of in order to justify taking a test? Well it`s very rare that I make it to the TWW because af shows up before I get the chance to get nutty.
  • Options
    ********************TW****************************
    @lulu1180 I can't imagine people just assuming that, you would think they would talk to your doctor. My midwife does say you can't do anything to prevent miscarriage, but its still scary and hurdle I will definitely have to get over. Sorry for the confusion from the OP.
  • Options
    Omg, I just got called to schedule an interview for a job I applied for.... I hope I feel better before I go on the interview! What a way to distract myself from my TWW. I would be staying in the same company, just different departments.
  • Options
    Heading into a meeting at work, so I'll be back to tag.

@Katm89 Just wanted to offer *hugs* and say that I know how easy it can be to blame ourselves when things don't go right with ttgp or with losses. It's definitely not your fault. Be kind to yourself.

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 17/4

Timing: -3, -1, O

R/R: I'm kind of loving the blustery fall day we're having here! I also started my day with acupuncture, so that was nice and relaxing. Still stressed over making a decision on treatment options, but I'm trying not to let the stress/fear guide the decision I make.

Testing: Not til Monday (10dpo)

CS/Q: No questions today. Just posting my chart.

I plan in advance when I will test (even though it's usually too early) and usually try to stick to that, but the crazy happens in terms of symptom spotting. In the last half of the TWW everything I notice with my body either means AF is imminent (and then I get really sad) or that I'm totally ku (and then I get unreasonably happy and hopeful). It's a roller coaster. A really, really crappy roller coaster.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2 

CD/DPO: 21/8dpiui

Timing: -4, -1, 0

R/R: Meh. I’ve been up since 5am

Testing: 10/29

CS/Q: Since I’ve been doing IUI, FF makes all of my days past IUI show up as yellow filled boxes. That’s fine whatever but then it ends at 9 days past and goes back to “CD” with the number of the cycle day. Does anyone know why?

GTKY: We all get a little bit nutty around the TWW. What is the craziest thing you have ever convinced yourself of in order to justify taking a test? That my blood beta was wrong
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD/DPO: 15/5

Timing: -4, -1

R/R: Nothing too exciting.  Have a dr appt this afternoon.  It was originally scheduled for last week Monday, but had to reschedule to today.  Just a med check plus I'll mention my annov cycle. It's almost lunch time... yay!

Testing: Nope

CS/Q: I'll be back to post my chart.  FF tried to take my CH's away this morning based on my temp, but then gave them back to me once I input my CM/CP/neg opk.  *shrug* who knows.  Just gonna keep on and see what happens. I swear my cycles just are getting more and more curious instead of making more sense :D

*shrug* TW (mentioning death)

Probably the TWW after my friend passed away.  In my head that was only fair, he's no longer here so I should have gotee something good in return.  Yeah... doesn't quite work that way.  Sigh... smdh #allthefeels  

Be back for tags

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @suzycupcake The yellow boxes show that you are in your LP. It stops and goes back to just CD at 9dpo because it has not happened yet. Tomorrow 9dpo will be yellow as well.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    @katm89 gl keeping from testing.  Would YH be that annoyed if you test w/o him there/early?  Also GL with the interview

@kiwi2628 That's some awesome looking timing girl.  That's interesting about the boob soreness.  

@mrsmiller8588 :( I hope you're able to get some more sleep tonight so you can wake up feeling well rested.

@starsazer1lily GL with the leaf raking :)  That's weird that they didn't get blown away.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: -1, 0, +1

R/R: Rant: The building in work in is freezing today!! WTF get the heat on! haha.

Testing: Hoping to hold out until 11-1-17

CS/Q: Not a whole lot to show.

GTKY: I tested a couple of times because I went 3 days of nausea all day. So I had to, I just had to, but turned out negative anyway.

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts DH wants me to wait because he hates faint lines... but he said he would be ok if I caved, which I might do tomorrow.
    **********************************TW*************************************
    with my daughter I had a positive at 9dpo.. and with the CP I had a positive at 8dpo.. so its possible.. especially how I have been feeling. I just ordered a second box of FRER so I can take one every day til my period is due.

• Options

@MrsMiller8588 Are you waking up more during the night? I find that if I’m waking up a lot I remember my dreams more.

@Stargazer1lily It’s been crazy windy here too! Are you in the upper Midwest as well?

@Katm89 Congrats on getting the interview! Fx it goes well for you!

@suzycupcake Sorry you had to be up so early today! I’m always a little grumpy if I have to get up before 7am.

@lurvleybunchococonuts I’ll be curious to hear what your doc thinks of the annov cycle. Is this an appointment with an ob or a regular doc?

@ajsanders-2 The building I work in is super old and they just can’t get the heating right. It’s either freezing or super hot. Sigh.

• Options
    @darkstar42 I live in Ontario,Canada
  • Options
    @katm89 good luck at the interview!! 

@darkstar42 have you talked to your acupuncturist about the treatment options and IUI at all? I am not loving the wind here... 

@lurvleybunchococonuts Hope you get some answers about the anov cycle! Update us if there is anything to update!

@ajsanders-2 I always think buildings overuse the heat and air conditioning. I'm cold in the summer and hot in the winter! I haven't been through a winter in my new office yet though and it feels nice today!  
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 I talked to her last week right after my RE appointment, but I hadn't read up on the literature at that point. She didn't come right out and give a recommendation one way or the other, but she did say that it often can take longer for women over 35 to get pregnant, so my sense is that she'd lean towards no medical intervention yet. She just had her baby and is out on maternity leave now though, so I saw a new practitioner this morning when I went in. I talked to her a bit about it, but I don't have a sense yet of how knowledgeable she is about IUIs, etc.
  • Options
    @darkstar42 That makes sense. My Dr did say if we didn't have any male factor issues that I could do a low dose of the meds and do TI. She said that for mild male factor she has seen improvement in pregnancy rates with IUI which she attributes to the sperm wash and getting sperm closer to where they need to be. Do you have the option to do meds without the IUI or would you want to stay away from that too since you already know you are ovulating? 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 The RE told us meds alone wouldn't improve our chances. I have no idea if that is correct or not though, and I don't know to what degree that advice was based on our case specifically or if it was just generic advice. Literally as soon as we sat down in his office he pulled out a fancy little chart with different treatment options that started with low dose meds and IUI, and went through more intensive IUI protocols (in terms of drugs), up to IVF. It was very much, "this is where we will start", rather than any conversation about options.
  • Options
    @darkstar42 I haven't done any research or anything, but I guess it makes sense to me that meds alone wouldn't increase chances for unexplained (when you are ovulating on your own). It's just hard to jump in two feet first especially with a doctor that doesn't seem to even be evaluating your specific case. I'm trying to mentally prepare for DHs appointment Friday. In my mind I feel like it should be an appointment with answers, but I'm pretty sure I will find myself with more questions... F this whole process. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 YHs appointment is coming up so soon! I'm not remembering who said it, but one of the ladies on the IF thread advised me to ask how I could ask more questions after the appointment. I highly recommend this! That way once things sink in and you have a million new questions you know how to ask.
  • Options
    @katm89  Enjoy your yoga!  Take care of yourself, TTC is not easy!  GL with your interview.

@kiwi2628  Sorry about the sore boobs.

@mrsmiller8588  I feel you on the no sleep.  Lately I wake up at 4am for no reason.

@stargazer1lily How nice of you to go help your Dad with raking.  

@darkstar42  We’re having a blustery fall day over here too.  I don’t mind it!

@lurvelybunchococonuts Lunch time is my favorite part of the day too.

@ajsanders-2  I’m with you, the AC at work kills me!  I keep a fleece jacket on my chair all year round.
  • Options
    @darkstar42 Thanks! I haven't decided if I'm going yet (I don't think DH wants me to?). But I plan on calling my doc (who will get the consult notes) next week to find out what she recommends based on his consult. When do you need to make your decision for next cycle? 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3 (1 benched)

CD/DPO:  24/5

Timing:  -2, O, +1   I could have O'd a day later than I think. 

R/R:  Rants:  Work is crazy and all of my projects are getting busy at the same time.  My boss today told me I looked terrible and asked me why.  Um, dude...thanks for telling me I look like crap...and gee, wonder why?Raves:  Time for dinner with DH, a glass of wine, and sweatpants.  Yes!

Testing:  Not until at least 14 DPO.  According to Glow, AF is due on 10/2 but I'm often a couple days later than the app says so I should not test until I actually miss.  But it's so hard!

CS/Q:  Nothing to stalk.

GTKY: We all get a little bit nutty around the TWW. What is the craziest thing you have ever convinced yourself of in order to justify taking a test?  I tested at 6 dpo because I felt bloated and nauseated.  No silly, it was the Chinese food you ate the night before!  
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 I don't have to decide for sure about next cycle until cd 1, which would probably be mid-week next week, assuming I'm not ku. I'll keep waffling until then!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @darkstar42 regular doc, I actually don't currently have an OB/GYN atm.

@quiltandknit wow... Your boss sounds like a real gem. Enjoy the relaxation tonight :)

@MrsMiller8588 and everyelse who mentioned it: dr appt went well. It was just a scheduled med check but figured I'd mention the annov cycle and ttc stuff. The nurse had to take my BP two times and got weird #s she said it was 167/60??? Then had to get another nurse to come in and take it. 127/72 or something like that... Normal essentially. So yeah that was fun... Who doesn't like getting BP taken 4 times?
    Then there was a med student working with the doc so she came in 1st and did a full work up, asked questions about my meds and anxiety, talked about ttc stuff. She checked my pulse in my wrists and then in my ankles? (That was real weird) also listened to my heartbeat in my neck (again real weird) but *shrug* she said my thyroid felt normal and said the doc might want to check thyroid levels potentially. Also she suggested opks (lmao) I told her that I have some/starting to try them out :D
    Then the doc came in, ironically she's KU. But is real nice. She said "well you could go to ob/gyn at any time but not gonna lie, they're not gonna do anything before the year mark" also she isn't concerned about the annov cycle or the irregularities in cycle length etc. Essentially under a year and was on BC for years so not abnormal or anything to worry about quite yet. We did discuss weaning me off my current anxiety meds to see how I'd do with it. I'm currently on 40mg Fluoxetine. So gonna switch to 20mg for a few months and see how it goes. If it goes poorly then we'll bump me back up to 40mg, if it goes well then we'll try taking me off it completely, and from there decide if I need it any longer or stay at 20mg. Also have to go back in 6 months for blood work and should get a pap in April if not KU before then. 
    Then I got stabbed in the arm (flu shot).
    So nothing really new lol. But good to touch base.
    Eta: oh also doc didn't seem to think checking thyroid levels would be particularly helpful at this point. So just continuing on with trying and see what happens.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts  I'm glad your appt went well and you were able to ask your questions.  Always good to check in.
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm glad the appointment went well overall. I'm not surprised that they aren't concerned about one anov cycle. I was lucky that my Dr was willing to do initial testing before the year mark, especially since we found DH has an issue and it apparently takes forever to get in for an appointment with the urologist. 

@quiltandknit Wow I can't believe you boss said that!! Hope you enjoy the wine!
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019