Infertility
Options

Super low estrogen level at pre-beta blood test

Hi everyone, I just had progesterone and estrogen levels taken this morning and my progesterone is fine (25) but my estrogen is 88. They want it to be 200. I'm literally terrified. They're bumping me from estradiol 2x/day vaginally to 3x/day vaginally PLUS 2x/day orally. Has anyone gone through this and come out okay?

Re: Super low estrogen level at pre-beta blood test

• Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2017
    @sarcasticowl Ugh... no, ive not had this happen, but just want to send hugs.. hopefully they've caught it early enough to supplement you better. I did estradiol 3x's daily orally
  • Options
    Thanks, @Dragonette505. I don't even bring estradiol to work because I do it before I leave and when I get home, so luckily DH is home with the roofer and he'll bring it to me this morning. So freaking scared. I keep telling myself that women who get pregnant naturally probably have this level of estrogen if not less, right?  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could it be since that you're taking it vaginally, the levels aren't able to be read in your blood?
  • Options
    @mtpbadger I've only ever taken it vaginally, so I doubt it. It's actually supposed to be more effective because it's delivered via mucus membranes and isn't metabolized by the liver. I think it's that this time they didn't prep me with estradiol before my FET and only started me on them the day of my transfer when my blood work came back low. And even then it was only 2x/day when in my previous cycle it was 3x/day. Fingers crossed I can bump it up a ton in just a few days. So nervous.
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl I just did a quick search and found a study that concluded that when it comes to FET's, a decrease in E2 (around/after 4dpt..not sure what day you are) does not indicate a decrease in clinical pregnancy rates nor an increase in miscarriage... So hopefully you are fine!!
  • Options
    @dragonette505 to the rescue yet again. Thank you so much! I'm 5dp5dt so I'm just gonna chug these lovely blue pills and shove 'em where the sun don't shine and fingers crossed. Of course, I have a perfectly good chance of getting a BFN and all of this will be worry for nothing, but I'd like a fighting chance while I still think I have one! :) Thank you for searching that for me!
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl No worries! I always think its better if someone else peeks to see if its bad news first so you don't get all googling and maybe make yourself more nervous for no reason!! Luckily I found that real deal study which is a ton better than hearsay!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake this is precisely what I needed to see this morning!

• Options
    @sarcasticowl FX for you. Hopefully all the extra meds help bump up your levels. When do you go for more bw?
  • Options
    @coco305 Monday is my beta. Today is 7dp5dt and unfortunately I POAS and have a negative so I’m sure I’m out. Our embryo was half hatched at transfer so it should show up by now. Thanks for the well wishes  <3
  • Options
    prudence9-2prudence9-2 member
    edited October 2017
    @sarcasticowl  at my last FET I had a half hatched one too. It was BFN on day 7 but a very faint BFP on day 8. Not saying you should not prepare for the worst... but there is still a chance. 

FX for your beta on Monday! 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Options
    @coco305 Monday is my beta. Today is 7dp5dt and unfortunately I POAS and have a negative so I’m sure I’m out. Our embryo was half hatched at transfer so it should show up by now. Thanks for the well wishes  <3
    Beginning to hatch is great! Means it was active! Also 7 and even 8 dpt can be too early. I feel like last month two girls tested on 7 and 8 and got positives after! I agree with @prudence9-2, there’s no way to know for sure, but it’s still possible!! 
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl I have all the things crossed for you on Monday
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Thanks, all. POAS after work and also got a stark white negative (8dp5dt). Not even a hint of a second line and it was a FRER. I had my hysterical cry about it the other night and I’m already mostly over it. I think in a lot of ways this cycle should never have gone through. My lining was barely 8, my estrogen levels were in the toilet at transfer and I just was wasn’t feeling good about it in the first place. Like my first failure, my biggest sadness is the loss of such a great embryo, and the 2nd of my 3 girls. We’ll get through this; so many people have gone through so much more than we have and have come out on the other side with their baby, so we’re still hopeful. Gonna have to have a Come to Jesus meeting with the RE soon.
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl I’m not giving up on you yet, but for sure before you transfer another you’ll want to regroup. If you’ve got great embies then maybe something like an era to make sure you’re transferring on the right day for your body
  • Options
    @sarcasticowlnso sorry to hear. And it is upsetting that they let you continue with transfer if conditions were not ideal. 

Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• Options
    @dragonette505 9dp and still stark white. You can give up hope now :) With my work situation and the holidays coming up, we’ve decided to take a couple of months off. It’s not like my embryos are going anywhere and frankly I’d like to enjoy some time when I don’t feel physically miserable and emotionally at my wits’ end. Maybe a couple months’ worth of reset periods and no meds will get me a good thick lining when we start up again and will give us some time to plan out next steps with our RE.
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl I definitely got my best lining after a couple cycles off! Not that I wanted to take those off cycles
  • Options
    @sarcasticowl some time off from all this sounds like a great idea! 

• Options
    @dragonette505 That is really great to hear, thank you! And thanks to you too, @prudence9-2 :)