1st Trimester

Unremarkable Ovaries

I got back my ultrasound results earlier this week.  I peeped on the result before handing it in to the doctor.  The technician's report was very detailed, but all the doctor was prepared to say was that everything is okay.  However, there is something in the report that has made me curious. The report says both ovaries are unremarkable. Now, I know what unremarkable means in the general sense, but what does it mean when from the gynecological point of view where unremarkable ovaries mean something else? 

Re: Unremarkable Ovaries

• Yeah, it just means all is as should be.

There's no blood on them from the corpus luteum phase yet (my last u/s had that listed, OB said it was pretty normal and no big deal at all but still had to be marked), no cysts, no swelling and the 13353535 other things they look for.

• It means WNL or nothing abnormal to report.  They weren't 'remarkable' - nothing to report.  If there was something wrong your doctor would have told you.

of course the u/s report was very detailed; the tech images much more than just the pregnancy. The radiologist reviews the images and prepares a report.

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"