June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions w/o 10/15

Let's see what questions we got this week! 

Post them below.

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 10/15

• Options
    So DS had a bit of a fever on friday with a mild cold and cough... i think I may be getting it as my throat is feeling that itch and just finding that BFP this morning, what can I do if I am sick that’s safe? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @reikotxm I agree with @sabby2 about calling. I know my office said anything with Tylenol in it’s name is okay, but each office varies. And honestly, if it’s just a cold, you could stick to just lemon/honey water, and other “natural” remedies. Most OTC stuff won’t help since colds just have to run their course. Hope you feel better soon! (*No way am I a doc - this is just info I’ve been told over the years)
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Any S+TMs been on Diclegis in the last three years? 
    I was on it with DS and I asked my doctor for a prescription for it today, which she gave me. 

My wuestion is, three year ago when I was on it, I remember having to jump through hoops to get my insurance to approve paying for it. I know it was new to the market back then, so I am wondering if it is easier to get covered now? 
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I was on it from Nov 15 to July 16. Insurance helped pay for it, but it was still pricey IMO. My doctors office gave me lots of samples to help because they knew insurances didn’t like it. I think I paid $1/pill 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. So today I thought I was done with court for the rest of the year (my suits and stuff are so uncomfortable, and I've already done 5 trials this year, I'm beat). I was ready to pull out my stretch pants and big shirts then I just got assigned another trial for next week (which I guess is good that my bosses trust me with the hard stuff but I'm tired). Anywho the trial is in New Orleans where my in laws live. They will most certainly want to see me (shamefully I haven't seen them since the wedding 15 months ago) and they will certainly ask about pregnancy (they already ask every chance they get). I don't want to be the one to tell them. I'd really like DH to get to do it. I'm just nervous to give the go ahead to tell with all the uncertainty. By the trial (next Friday) I'll be 7w, 3days. Should we just tell them before then?
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    Has anyone had any experience taking a low dose aspirin while pregnant? I've started daily lovenox injections that I'll take until 6 weeks postpartum. The hemotologist also recommends LDA claiming it's safe. For the most part I read it's safe with amazing results. But, there are of course the few bad things you read on the internet that trump good ones. My main concern is early first trimester.  Any good stories out there?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @stephcat421, I'm taking it right now. Not actually recommended by my OB, but I have some family history of blood clotting issues (but tested negative for all thrombosis panel tests) and **TW** 2 MCs myself **end TW** plus MTHFR mutations that may increase clotting risk (the evidence is a bit contradictory for that). From what I've read, it can't really hurt, and I know some REs recommend it during IVF and/or IUI cycles. 

ETA: My OB never said not to take the baby aspirin. Just wanted to be clear, as I worded it ambiguously.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @stephcat421 My RE put me on baby aspirin at my first consult with her before we even did a single test (and before I got pregnant again). She pitched it as something that wouldn’t hurt and might help. TW I have two early losses end TW. My bw came back negative for all clotting issues but I also do have an MTHFR mutation.
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I’m also on daily Lovenox injections! My OB suggested taking one baby apsrin a day until I was able to get an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy was viable. I’ve stopped taking it since starting Lovenox. 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I also know people who were put on LDA to help prevent future losses.  I think that it’s commonly used.  I would ask your Dr about any concerns and then stay off Dr.Google or you will make yourself crazy.
  • Options
    @icecubeinthedesert @zamora_spin thank you both for sharing your experience with me. It was very reassuring to hear this! 

@napqueen well lovenox sucks.... I don't know that I'll ever get used to it. Any tips? Did your OB or prescribing doctor tell you to stop the baby aspirin after starting lovenox?
  • Options
    I am taking baby aspirin as well as progesterone to hopefully prevent a loss. Tw I’ve had 2 losses and had all bw done. I don’t have clotting disorders, but it’s protocol at my ob for people with recurrent losses end tw. From what I’ve been told it can only help. 
  • Options
    stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited October 2017
    @Miz_Liz Google was the culprit of anxiety. Like I said most really great reviews but about two bad....I knew this going into my meeting with two docs... Hemotologist and perinatologist who both recommended LDA. I asked about the safety and they reassured me, but when I hesitated they did say I didn't have to take but it was better if I did. I wish they would have just stayed the course and told me to just take it. It's almost as if they gave my concerns life.... 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I am also on LDA.  After my 2nd loss my dr put me on LDA when all testing came back normal.  As others have mentioned my dr said they were no proof that it helped, but anecdotally knew of positive results.  I hated the progesterone and stopped taking it after a few weeks.  I took the LDA until I was 12 weeks and started taking it again when I got my BFP last month. Even if it just makes me feel less stress and does nothing medically to help I think it's worth it. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @stephcat421 my OB had suggest I take baby aspirin up until I started Lovenox to prevent any clotting, so I assumed she meant I should stop it once I started the injections. 
    I’m still getting back into the swing of things, when I was pregnant with DS I was a pro at getting a quick, painless shot. This time, I already have a couple large bruises  :| 
    I have found that pinching a large amount of skin, and immediately putting pressure on the injection site afterwards has been helping, though. 
  • Options
    What's everyone cleaning their houses with these days? I cannot for the life of me remember what I used last time I was KU.  DH has been picking up my slack lately because I've been exhausted but I want to clean my bathroom and shower to my standards. Just worry about the chemicals since our bathroom has no window and terrible ventilation.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 I hold my breath, spray the bleach, run away, deep breath in, come back and scrub while holding my breath, etc etc etc. lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that made me laugh. That’s what I did today while cleaning up our frosted and dead garden. Our compost bin was a bit smelly, so I had to do it in spurts!

I usually use the seventh generation cleaning supplies or honest company. If the bleach has to come out, I usually can use the pregnant card and my husband does the job... or go to the run in and run out method! 
  • Options
    @sabby2 I switched most of our cleaning products to Mrs Meyers (also like 7th generation) while we were TTC because it seemed like I had egg quality issues. I do keep good old Clorox around for things that need heavier duty cleaning. Can always make DH handle that.
  • Options
    @sabby2 I started using Young Living Thieves Cleaner. Safe, works well, and smells wonderful. I got nervous reading about the effects of chemicals in some cleaners. I’ve heard 7th generation is good too!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    I use Young Living products for cleaning also!  Smells good, safe, and not dangerous for anyone! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I use Method cleaners. Those seem to be fairly safe. 
  • Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited October 2017
    I like method so might pick up more of those. I'm actually going to try out the thieves cleaner next week.  I know dh could do it but he is not early as thorough or thoughtful about cleaning as I am and he gets pissy if I go back and re-clean what he does (we're talking about the man who will do dishes but won't wipe up around the sink after or wipe out the sink...)
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We use Green Works cleaners. Plant based, no fumes and so much cheaper than the other brands. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @sabby2 Sounds like my DH...  haha
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @sabby2 @PatientlyWaiting10 are we all married to the same man? MH does that same thing. He thinks cleaning the sink is just rinsing all his beard trimmings down the drain. He's getting better though. I've started to teach him what clothes can't go into the dryer so when I can't do the laundry he doesn't ruin all of our clothes. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro my DH is actually fantastic about doing the litter even when I am not pregnant; however I HATE it now when he is traveling and my cat drops a bomb that I can’t scoop!
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro see my FFFC about not following the rules because I still clean the box. I would feel bad if MH had to do it all the time. But our cat is an indoor cat, always has been, we scoop his box twice a day and I wash my hands immediately after. 

Cat's get Toxoplasmosis from eating infected raw meat from hunting, it takes 48 hours to develop in their feces and you're more likely to get it from other sources than your cat if you're going to get it. 

But at some point I will probably use it as an excuse to not have to do it lol 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke So, I read about toxoplasmosis during my first pregnancy, and came to the same conclusion as you did--I figured I'd keep scooping since the risk is low. I am generally a renegade about pregnancy rules, and so is my OB...but I was shocked to find out that when it came to this, she is a total stickler! It is literally the only "pregnancy rule" she has ever insisted on me following. So, uh, since I hate scooping cat litter...I decided her advice was gospel.  B)
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro love not having to clean kitty litter! Although since DH started doing it, it doesn't get cleaned as often as my nose would prefer.. 
  • Options
    my cats are indoor so I'm not really super worried... but I absolutely play up that 'rule' and let dh do it. it actually kinda drives me crazy cause I don't feel he does as good as a job, but not bad enough that I do it myself ;)
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    I'm am so excited about not cleaning the cat box!  It makes up for the nausea during the 1st trimester a bit.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I stopped scooping cat litter with DS — in January 2015. I never restarted. 
  • Options
    DH is doing all the cat boxes. Thank God! I can hardly stomach it on non pregnant days.

What's the opinion on cleaning fish tanks while pregnant?  I keep forgetting to ask when I'm at work and surprisingly it never came up as a question when I did ob/gyn triage. My gut says probably avoid if I can.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I salute you, @marcus7676. I’m gonna see if I can pull that one off this time around.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    Hey, I have a question that is full of TW re: child death and when/how to tell about a pregnancy. Putting details in spoiler below. Apologies for the sort of confusing person descriptors. 

My mom's cousin, and his mom are coming today to my aunts 70th birthday party. It's going to be about 10-15 people total. Everyone else knows I'm pregnant, and my mom wants to tell her cousin and his mom. I'm hesitant because ~15 months ago, my mom's cousin's daughter's son died right before his first birthday. No one in the family met him (or has seen her in years) because she met a guy in England and secretly married him/moved with him to Syria (that's a story for another day), and obviously it's not possible for everyday civilians to go there. Her son drowned in a pool while they were on "vacation", and it was really sad, but she converted to Islam and became very devout in the past few years so she said if his death is gods will, she won't be sad, etc. Obviously it IS very sad. Her dad and grandmother were very sad it happened and also very sad they never got to meet him, made worse by the fact that they will likely never see their daughter/granddaughter again. Anyway, normally I'd tell my mom she should tell them via text message, but these are old people. My great aunt is 92. Technology is not on our side. 

So, two questions: 1) do you guys agree we shouldn't tell them today? (A bit risky because DHs dad may forget he's not supposed to say anything; he's 72 after all). 2) if not today, when/how, considering technology is not a huge option? My great aunt is the sweetest woman but she is a huge stickler for etiquette. 

• Options
    Hey @doxiemoxie212 - I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the right time to tell certain people as well (**TW I've had 2 mc's and one of my best girlfriends helped me through, then 3 weeks ago she had a mc. I need to tell her I'm now pg but I know it will be tough to hear from her end)
    I think not only telling her but also acknowledging her grandchild is very important. I know people will often try to avoid subjects like this as they don't want to upset the family, but I think bringing it up and talking about it shows that you haven't forgotten about him, whether you met him or not.