February 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker change: 10/14 & 10/15

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is/are baby/babies? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Re: Weekend Ticker change: 10/14 & 10/15

• 1) How far along are you? How big is/are baby/babies? 
    23 weeks today! Size of a grapefruit lol.

2) How are you feeling?
    Aside from some hip pain, I'm feeling fine. I think the extra weight is catching up to me. I'm still running as best as I can, but my goal is to make it week 30 still running then trying the elliptical.

Nope. 

This is our first kid. I'm also not what I would call a "baby" or "kid" person. And there's a lot of stuff I don't know. I know I'm being overly sensitive, but I keep being told stuff "hey did you do this," or "hey did you buy this you're really going to need it," and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and annoyed with those trying to help. Not sure why. On the surface I  feel like they're intentionally pointing out what I don't know, and I KNOW that's actually not true and that they're just trying to help. It actually me being insecure and knowing that theres a lot I don't know and I should be grateful people are sharing their wisdom.

Hormones are a hell of a thing.

I would love to go to Paris, but not pregnant because I need to be able to enjoy all the French wine I want at sidewalk cafes lol. And I fell in love with Italy when we went and can't wait to go back, but same, I need wine...
    Maybe somewhere tropical and Zika free to lay on the beach and drink mocktails and just enjoy the views?!

• alice0218alice0218 member
    edited October 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is/are baby/babies? 
    21 weeks today. Size of a baby bok choy.
    2) How are you feeling?
    Same as before. Some fatigue, some heartburn, nothing major.
    Yeah! Tomorrow we have our first ultrasound. Should be pretty cool. :) Although I am not happy that even after speaking with people from the price quote line last Friday, Monday, and most recently last Thursday, no one has still gotten back to me with a quote and I gave them the CPT code each time. Really? Like you guys have never done ultrasounds before, it's just that hard of a question?  :/ Or no one has ever wanted to know how much it will cost? SMH.
    Not really baby related but after last week, we were freaking out over high bills for normal prenatal services (which isn't resolved yet, but you know you calm down with time) we were hit with a gas leak in our home on Friday and there were more that a couple leaks in the lines so we had to have all the gas lines replaced. $3100. Lately it's just been one thing after another. But at least nothing happened (like an explosion or anything) and we fixed it before it could and we are lucky in other ways, like we are happy in our marriage and healthy for the most part. I know people who don't even have a supportive spouse so you know, it could be worse.
    It's funny @stephbp2007 we are like the opposite! DH and I went to Barcelona and Paris for our honeymoon in May and we loved Paris a ton, but we are thinking the next time we can afford a nice vacation (hopefully within 5 years or so) we would love to go to Italy! Maybe visit 2 or 3 cities. Also, would want to not be pregnant so we can enjoy the wine!
  • Loading the player...
  • @alice0218 omg! We went to Spain (Madrid/Toledo/Barcelona) for our honeymoon in March! Too funny!

I just picked Paris because I've never been. I LOVED Italy though and wouldn't hesitate to go again. But yeah, I need wine. And no food restrictions  :D

21 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?
      Starting to get heartburn and tired but feel good overall
      Not this week

No

I would love to go to Ireland and Scotland. My husband wants to go to Italy 
      21 weeks size of an endive. 
    2) How are you feeling?
      Nothing too bad. Insomnia (I have been up since 3:30 am) a few aches and pains. 
      None this week. Next week though. 

Not really related to anything, but we bought a brand new car 2 weeks ago (2018) and it still has not passed inspection. The dealership claims it is all fixed now and they just need to clear the codes, but this is getting ridiculous. 

I really don't even know. I love traveling and I pretty much just always want to get away, the destination does not matter too much to me. I would love to go to the Mediterranean, or finish out the continents I have not made it to yet. I want to go in a tour of the Galapagos or go on a safari in Africa. 

I always seem to miss the actual weekend when I post these. Oh well. 23 + 1 today. Baby is the size of a grapefruit. These fruit comparisons kinda trip me up. I have grapefruit in the fridge and I'm looking at it like this is not possible. Then I remember...they just mean measure as far as length but it's spatially deceptive in my opinion! 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Meh. A little sore, raging migraine and horrible heartburn at the moment. And I really really REALLY want tuna for lunch. I might have to drive to subway to satisfy this craving. I also feel like I woke up twice as large as I was yesterday. Which is making me extra uncomfortable. We went to a family wedding this weekend and both DH and I were sick so the fact that my whole body hurts might be related to that. 

I have my appt with my OB on Wednesday followed by an appt with the PCP on Thursday. After my son was born, I experienced a significant spike in blood pressure. It wasn't really enough to be considered high BP but they're changing the rules surrounding that I guess and at 130/85, they wanted me medicated. The meds initially made my BP total garbage (like 90/40 low) so they've been adjusted and I monitor at home with an appt every 3 months to check at the doctor. They reduced the amount of medication and it's still pretty low so I'm wondering if they'll be taking me off meds at least temporarily after these appointments.  

This is probably a little bit of a rant AND a rave at the same time. We attended my cousin's wedding this past weekend. I was super anxious about going to this event because I chose not to tell most of my family until 21 weeks that I was pregnant. My large, loud, outspoken Italian clan... so apparently some hurt feelings exist because of this. Which I wasn't looking forward to the comments about...but whatever. It was our choice, we made it out of caution and we stand by it. Well, the wedding was actually okay for the most part...so that's my rave. We went, it wasn't a total disaster with regards to our interactions with family and it was a beautiful ceremony/as fun a reception as we could have while both sick and unable to drink. So here comes the rant... my little sister, who is seriously the most self absorbed attention seeker I've ever known in my life, brought her boyfriend who I'm not a huge fan of. I really don't know why I don't care for the guy...he's nice enough but like... personality of a sponge. So they get absolutely ripping drunk and she tells her bf to go dance with my mom...which for the last 9 years has been my husband's deal but he was so sick we barely danced at all... and then as the two of them are dancing...she leans in and says to me "I guess your husband isn't the favorite son in law anymore." Apparently now that she isn't single...this too like everything else in our lives has become competitive. And I'm over it. Soon after, we decided to leave...and she got mad at me cause they were wayyy to drunk to drive home and she just assumed they'd leave their car and we've cart them back to my moms later in the evening. I was just completely over it. 

If it wasn't for the recent hurricanes destroying the island, I would have said St. Maarten. We have a timeshare in St. Maarten that may or may not be usable next summer due to the repairs that are getting started on the island. If I had a second choice... maybe San Diego. Or the Azores. Both were nice.