2nd Trimester

Heart Palpitations?

I am 18w2d and have been experiencing some fluttering/heartbeat sensations in the top of my chest. They scare me because they happen very suddenly and I can't quite distinguish what they are! It feels like intense heart palpitations. I feel well hydrated and noticed them when lying down last night. They happen on and off. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Heart Palpitations?

• I am 18w2d and have been experiencing some fluttering/heartbeat sensations in the top of my chest. They scare me because they happen very suddenly and I can't quite distinguish what they are! It feels like intense heart palpitations. I feel well hydrated and noticed them when lying down last night. They happen on and off. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had these during my pregnancy. Speak to your doctor and they will tell you what to look out for, but mine ended up just being a nuisance symptom.
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife
    TTGP Dec Siggy: Favorite Christmas Movie           BotB Dec Siggy: Ghosts of Christmas Toys Past

• Palpitations are common in pregnancy due to increased circulatory volume. Talk to your dr about it, but don’t stress unless they are concerned. 
  •     
  • Palpitations are common during pregnancy, but definitely mention them to your doctor, especially if you're having other symptoms such as chest tightness/pain, and difficulty breathing, especially while walking or after eating. I've had palpitations whether pregnant or not for 2 years now, but found that I develop pericardial effusion during pregnancy, which causes the symptoms listed above as well as palpitations. That's a condition that requires monitoring. Since palpitations during pregnancy are normal and common, it's probably nothing to worry about, but it always warrants at least a mention to your doctor.