May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/9-10/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/9-10/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maamy1231 that's awful! I'm sorry you have to deal with a stolen card, and then it's so frustrating when they aren't consistent!
  • Options
    I don't think we're doing a big babymoon or anything.  We'll take a few camping trips before this one shows.  I am planning on leaving the boys with DH for the weekend and going to Zion or something myself, I did that last time and it was good to get away.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    allie0320 said:
    Anyone else already daydreaming about a babymoon? Where's the best places to go in the winter months? Gotta have a really good plan before trying to convince DH that belongs in the budget. 
    I'm kind of lurking on this thread, but we went to New Orleans last pregnancy and it was pretty awesome! The history there is amazing, and the night life is pretty crazy!!! The only down side of it all was I couldn't drink, but just being somewhere warmer then Michigan in Winter was amazing!!
  • Options
    cassloumy said:
    Our insurance still covers genetic testing for me but not for DH. Why?! It's not like I'm the only one contributing genetic material here. It sucks because my genetic history is fairly well known to us, but his mom was adopted so his could have any number of skeletons in it (though, less hiding  than if it came from my side for sure).

If anyone understands this better than I do please educate me!
    Maybe they only test for autosomal recessive genes? I don't think they usually check for Autosomal Dominant genetic diseases during pregnancy, but I could be wrong. 
  • Options
    @ladystinson tell me more about these carriage rides with skeleton horses! I’m in that area.  :)
  • Options
    @ladystinson that looks awesome! We may have to check it out!
  • Options
    @bwow615 I had a business trip in Tampa so I spent legit like 3 minutes in Clearwater (was dropping off a tag-along friend at the beach before my conference), but the sand was so beautiful and white. I hope you have a great time!

And I hope you can get the Hawaii vacation in too! That would be amazing! 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Sooo my son, who is 2, woke up and spit up. I tentatively gave him a little bit of dry cereal and 15 minutes later he threw up mucous. We are supposed to be flying to the beach for a week long vacation tomorrow  :/ 
  • Options
    MrT723 said:
    Sooo my son, who is 2, woke up and spit up. I tentatively gave him a little bit of dry cereal and 15 minutes later he threw up mucous. We are supposed to be flying to the beach for a week long vacation tomorrow  :/ 
    Might just be drainage problems, but with a trip planned tomorrow I would call the ped ASAP to get seen so you know what's up before you get on a plane
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    MrT723 said:
    Oh no!!!!! Maybe it'll be short lived? I hope you don't get it too!
  • Options
    It’s definitely has to be a bug, he’s gotten sick 4 times since he woke up  :/ Trying to convince DH we can’t fly tomorrow! We will lose all of our money if we don’t go but the flights are cheap so I’m thinking if he’s feeling better in a couple days we could go then...
  • Options
    gildah said:
    MrT723 said:
    Oh no!!!!! Maybe it'll be short lived? I hope you don't get it too!
    I had the worst stomach bug of my life at the end of my first trimester last time so I’m terrified!
  • Options
    They may let you cancel free of charge. The same thing happened to us a few years ago and we got out of it. 
  • Options
    I will be 11 weeks tomorrow with baby #2 and I could finally feel the top of my uterus this morning!!!!
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    @mileswithmyles We are going to NYC too! I booked a hotel with a heated rooftop pool. I plan on “eating” my way through the city because why not!
    There's a tour group called big onion in NYC. Lots of locals go on the tours. They have ab eating one. Check it out.

• Options
    MrT723 said:
    It’s definitely has to be a bug, he’s gotten sick 4 times since he woke up  :/ Trying to convince DH we can’t fly tomorrow! We will lose all of our money if we don’t go but the flights are cheap so I’m thinking if he’s feeling better in a couple days we could go then...
    Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug.

When we went to Alaska in August, the baby threw up on our last flight.  I chalked it up to motion sickness but then he projectile vomited all over the air bnb six more times that night.  Perfectly fine the next morning!

...Of course, three days later the toddler came down with the same thing.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    DS threw up once we got off the plane during his first flight at 9 months old.  Like projectile vomited all over me in the airport right outside of the gate we got off at.  I never travel without a second pair of clothes for myself in a carry on now.  I was literally standing there no idea what to do.  People were running over to me with paper towels and wet naps.  It was horrible.  I think it was mostly related to the flight and pressure as the next morning he had ear discharge and a ruptured ear drum, fun first beach vacation :)  it is a good story for him though when he gets older.  A little trooper through it all.  
  • Options
    Friend had to cancel our playdate today because of her kid's behavior.  So no adult interaction for me.  One of our cars isn't working so I've been stuck at home all week, I was really looking forward to that.
    November Siggy Challenge