Options

Weekly Questions

Re: Weekly Questions

• Options
    kaydahkaydah member
    edited October 2017
    Deleted my comment. I found what I was looking for.  :D
  • Options
    So what's the process for researching or doing tours of hospitals? I live in NYC  where there are a lot of hospitals, and I want to switch OB/GYN's, but I'm not sure if it's too early for me to be looking at hospitals...? Obviously any OB I choose will only deliver at one hospital (or at least that's what seems to be the case), and in some ways it seems like the hospital is as important as the OB. And then finding a new OB...how does that work?  Like do I interview them or do I just like try one for my eight week appointment and then try a different one for my 12 week appointment? For just regular gynecology appointments I've always just chosen a new Gyn (when I need to) based on decent reviews and convenient location but that seems ill advised for delivering a baby...  I can find online a lot of lists of questions to ask a new OB/GYN, I just don't know when/in what scenarios those questions would be asked when it's not sort of too late to get a new OB. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB gave me a list of hospitals that I could deliver at and I picked from that list based on location and recommendations from friends. Since you don't have an OB, I'd ask friends, neighbors (do you have neighborhood FB groups?) for OB recommendations. My guess is that the OB would be willing to sit down with you to meet you and answer questions (apart from your typical appointments). When I interviewed pediatricians, that's how it was.  I wouldn't see a different practice for each appointment because every appointment has specific things that happen and you'll need to schedule all your scans, etc with that practice.  Let me know if you have questions. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676  I have a few OB/GYN recommendations I just don't know what the process is for interviewing them or if I should look at the hospitals that they are affiliated with before I interview them?  They each only deliver at one specific hospital. And there's one hospital that's literally two blocks from my apartment so that's super convenient but I'm guessing it's probably not as nice as, say, NYU might be, which isn't that far, but it's not two blocks away lol. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 For me, the most important thing about picking a hospital was that they had a NICU 3. God forbid anything go wrong, I want the doctors that handle the sickest babies at the ready. I believe most hospitals offer tours of the facility that you can ask questions at. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - you need to decide whether the hospital or OB is more important to you.  For me, it was the OB - - I wanted a convenient practice (given the number of appointments) and a OB and midwife I was comfortable with.  My doctor / midwife didn't deliever my son (since neither were on call at the hospital), but they were from my practice, which was fine for me. 

I'm in a major metropolitan area and I knew that any of my hospital choices would be great regardless of where I went.  FWIW, the hospital I delivered at is in the city.  I could have delivered at the hospital in my town, but I chose not to, even though (a) it was only 5 minutes away and (b) had great recommendations.  Instead, I went to the city (20 -45 minutes + away) because it had a high level NICU and it was closer proximity to the children's hospital if needed. Also, I work in the city and thought there was more of a chance I would go into labor at the office then at home (I was right).

I echo @dinodna3 - - most hospitals offer tours (mine was through my practice).  Some of the things to consider - - is there an in-room tub or shower in the delivery rooms? If not, is there a shower / tub on the floor that you can use? Are there private recovery rooms?  Does the hospital offer nitrous or just epidurals?  What is the c-section rate at the hospital?  If you want to be in the tub during labor, but certain hospitals don't offer that, that might help narrow your choices.  

If you are willing to deliver at any of the hospitals that your recommended OBs deliver at, I'd give all a call and see if you can come in for a meet and greet type appointment before the first appointment.  Go with the one you feel the most comfortable with because you are about to get very up close and personal! 

• Options

So I've been testing every morning up through today.  I'm 15dpo and the lines are convincingly dark.  When did/do you guys stop testing?  I know at some point I have to stop but there's just something so reassuring about still seeing that line there.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RatParade  I stopped testing at 19 DPO mainly because I forgot to replenish the plastic cups I was peeing in lol and I also had my last beta test that day
  • Options
    my last was 19dpo. I had another beta done at 20dpo so I felt ok, also I only have 1 cheapie test left. holding it for emergencies lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I was living in NYC during my first pregnancy.  My regular Gyno was not an obstetrician and the midwife recommended me to the practice she used... along with a few others.  I liked the doctor I saw, and she delivered at Roosevelt which has great reviews, but *TW* when I lost the baby she did the D&C in her office and I was awake.  Plus she missed some of it, so I had to try taking pills to expell the rest. *TW* 

So I won't recommend her...but research the hospitals you would want to deliver at and see which practices have privileges there.  I know a few practiced we tried to see were not accepting new patience so be prepared for that too.  Good luck!
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @RatParade - I am currently 13dpo and still testing. Today would have been the day my period was due if I wasn’t pregnant. And I plan on continuing testing until I get up the nerve to call my doctor and schedule betas next Monday. 
  • Options
    @RatParade I had extra tests under my sink for this reason! I bought one box with 2 tests - clearblue - and one I could test early, the other was a digital {dating} Then I had bought cheapie at the dollar store that required lower HcG levels in case I needed a 3rd opinion.
  • Options
    What kind of vehicles do you all currently drive?  

My husband has a big ol' Ford truck and I have a Ford Fusion.  Since this will be baby #3 we will need to upgrade to something bigger!!  DH is pretty much against minivans and I am 5'5" and refuse to lift a big, heavy infant carrier carseat into anything that's too far off the ground.  

I'd love to hear what you all drive that has three rows that will fit a family of five!  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 I have a Nissan truck and we are gonna have to get a new vehicle for #3 too. I'm leaning toward minivan for the sliding doors and ease of loading three into car seats but DH is pretty against them. We have a fusion as our other vehicle but it is a company car, so we are stuck with it. 
  • Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 we're getting a subaru forester next month. I don't know what kind of carseats you have, but they do have the latch system across all three seats in the back and they are super safe! We currently have a prius that we use when we have DD with us. Definitely no room in that car for more than 1!
  • Options

@Court11152325 DS has a Britax Blvd. and DD is in a high back booster.  We will likely use a Chicco infant seat since we have a base from DS that won't be expired yet.  That's nice they have the latch system three wide in it!! I spent a fair amount of time in the backseat with DS so I'm thinking we'll need something with three rows.  Does the Forester?  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• Options
    @patientlywaiting10 - I currently drive an old station wagon, but plan to upgrade to a Suburban hopefully before baby comes. DH will keep the station wagon as his car and the suburban will be mine. We wanted to have one big car that could hold a big family (we want 4 kids) plus dogs and camping gear and have the ability to tow. So suburban 
  • Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 I believe the 2018 models have a third row option, but I don't know what kind of space the third row has.
  • Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 we have a Toyota Highlander that has an optional third row. It is a great car, my only thought is it would be difficult to fit a stroller in the back when you have the third row up!
  • Options
    Any moms here cloth diaper?
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 we used cloth with my son. He potty trained recently and I was just packing away all the diapers when we got our BFP. Haha.
  • Options
    @meagster13 we used them with dd. Did you use newborn size? I'm considering them this time around.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 we did not do newborn. We started at about 1 1/2 months old in OS. MY son was 9lb10oz though. I'm debating nb for this baby but nervous he/she will be too big from the get go... 
  • Options
    @meagster13 same. DD was 8 lbs so we waited a bit and just started os.  I just love how much better cloth fit and was way better on dd's skin. I want that for a newborn too. I don't even know what nb size are good.  We used best bottom and grovia exclusively with dd and LOVED them.  I was a little sad when dd potty trained super early, haha!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 Haha. Dont be too sad- DS has regressed a tad and had a ton of accidents lately but refuses diapers now so you could be in that boat :P we have a wide mix of brands/types and I liked different stuff at different stages (and my DH just liked Velcro)
    I think nb are typically marketed as up to about 10 lbs. 
    I loved that they contain blow outs though so maybe that akobe could be worth it :P ... Or just some tiny covers with flats...
  • Options
    @sabby2 we cloth diaper! We did bumgenius newborns as soon as the cord stump fell off. They were ok for a newborn diaper. I've heard that the best newborns are blueberry AIO and thirsties organic AIO, but haven't tried either myself. Maybe this time around we will try some other newborn brands! We use bumgenius religiously for our OS, we have tried a ton of brands and those have been our all time favorites. What grovia and bestbottoms diapers do you like best?
  • Options
    @halesnwhales we used only the ai2 best bottoms.  They worked really well for my slim dd. Grovia we have hook and loop all in 2 and several Grovia ONE for night time. The ai2 are great but I am in love with the ONE!

I suck at flat folds so don't know if I'll go that route. I've heard blueberry nb are good too. I'll have to check the bst groups and see if I can find some.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2  I cloth diapered my first but didn't start until she was about 3 months. I tried with my DS but was overwhelmed with the amount of laundry. We mostly used BG and SB. Now that DD is potty trained I'm gonna start using them again. 
  • Options
    @sabby2 I also love the ONEs! Best nighttime option I found
  • Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 I second the Toyota Highlander.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.  Lots of different options you can get with it.  We had gotten a 2016 Honda Pilot but started having issues with it and after doing some research saw some major issues with them that we weren't willing to risk with kids - so we traded it in while it still had value for the Highlander.  Zero regrets.  
  • Options
    *SQUEE!* Cloth diapering mommas!! 
    DS is almost 2.5 and has ZERO interest in the potty. Which kind of makes me not feel as bad that I keep buying diapers. I have a diaper buying problem. And if this little squirt ends up being a girl, that opens the door for me to buy all the "girly" diapers. I may or may not already have a handful of diapers that are just sitting, hoping we end up with a girl some day to use them. Like I said - I have a problem. HAHA! 
    @sabby2 @meagster13 @halesnwhales @dinodna3 ~ We use BG. I did use the BG newborn ones on DS. Then we used the BG AIOs, but I recently de-stashed all of our AIOs and switched to pockets, which I like better. I am thinking about de-stashing our newborn lot and trying something different this time around though. I don't have enough of the NB size, so I will be having to buy more anyways, so I am thinking I will just start over and get something I liked. While I LOVE BG, it was not love with the NB size. 
  • Options

@Miz_Liz Good to know!  I read online yesterday that the highlander was a good one.  I'll maybe have to mention that to one to DH!!  I'd like to adjust to it for at least a little while before baby comes.  AND, might as well upgrade to an SUV before the lovely MN winters begin (BOO!!) if we're going to!  Thanks for the recommendation!! 

All are welcome!

• Options
    @BurlapandLace I have a couple audreys and patches plus one Marie hidden just in case this one turns out to be a girl :D I have a diaper addiction for sure! 
  • Options
    haha! Glad I'm not the only one! I may or may not have a ballet in hopes of a girl one day 

• Options
    Any STMs notice their little ones get super clingy during pregnancy?! Is this a thing? My daughter is usually pretty independent, but this past week she's been so clingy and refuses to sleep anywhere but in my arms! Starting to wonder if maybe it's pregnancy related? Can they pick up on these things this early? 
  • Options
    @bkrahn I just went back to work a week before my bfp so while my dd is 100% clingier now, she is also adjusting to me being gone all day.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    NBR but does anyone else find the app to be not so user friendly?  I don't get notifications on there (unless I am missing it somehow?!), I have to log onto the classic site online to see my notifcations.  For awhile there was no option to "love it" for posts - that finally fixed itself after logging back in again.  Originally couldn't reply to posts even after logging in - had to log in yet again.  I swear I am not technologically stupid...what gives?!
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz that is in fact the app lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 well that’s disappointing!!
  • Options
    Massages in first trimester - yay or nay?