June 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions

Re: Weekly Questions

• @doxiemoxie212 I read nay so I am not risking it. And I think some massage places won't do it for the liability. 
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my HCG levels back today 5+1 = 4400 ml/u. They want a repeat tomorrow (48 hours from first test). Is that because of my CP? I didn't do this last time so it has me worried. I thought 4400 was a pretty good number no? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @chocomom2 unfortunately one beta number by itself doesn't mean a lot. They want to check that your numbers are doubling every 48-72 hours. But 4400 is high, so that's probably a good sign! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I just wanted to make sure the second test was a normal thing and there wasn't something concerning about the first beta number! thanks for the perspective!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RatParadeRatParade member
    edited October 2017

@doxiemoxie212 I was just googling massages today!  It seems like they're fine if you can find someone that can do massages specifically for during pregnancy.  I read that a red flag is any place that has you sign a liability waiver - it's a sign that they aren't comfortable doing pregnant massages.

I've also been googling hot showers.  I love hot showers, especially in the winter.  I'm trying to figure out how hot is too hot and how long is too long.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 go with prenatal massages. Just don't get foot massages when you get a pedicure (at least later on) as there are trigger points that can trigger contractions. 

@RatParade hot showers are fine IMO. The whole point about baths is that you don't want to raise the temp at your uterus above 104. I doubt a shower will do that. 

Also, to anyone looking for a great book, Expecting Better is really informative and lays out the studies and facts behind so many topics (sushi, alcohol, deli meat). 
  • @marcus7676 @RatParade yeah, I've been googling and it seems like it's fine as long as the practitioner is well versed in prenatal. I have a massage place I've gone to for years (a nice spa type place but with massage therapists who are well-trained, not just sort of relaxation-y stuff), and I have a membership so I have like 6 massages saved (I split them with DH, so really 3 trips for both of us), and I'd like to use them lol. I'm going to call them tomorrow and gauge their comfort level and also email my OBGYN. I really just want an upper back and arm massage. 

Also ditto marcus re: hot showers. I think basically you don't want that like, "OMG I'M SO HOT" feeling you might get in, say, a hot tub, and unless you're actually burning your skin off, I'm not sure a shower will ever achieve that. 
  • @BurlapandLace I'm the opposite- I did not like pockets at all. I much prefer all other kinds. Hahaha AIO, AI2, flats(fst)/covers, gdiapers.
  • pippi0606pippi0606 member
    edited October 2017
    I'm looking for a fabulous Obstetrician in NYC who will ideally deliver at NY Presbyterian. Any recommendations? There are so many options and I'm (we!) are so fresh into the pregnancy I don't feel I can ask. Please help!
  • edited October 2017
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey knotties- can y'all change your usernames so we can tag you? You've gotta go back to the knot to do it and then log out and back in. Thx!

knottie who asked about nyc - you mean reg Presbyterian right? Not lower Manhattan Presbyterian/Cornell? 
  • @Miz_Liz the clunkiness of the app is complained about on every BMB group I have ever been a part of.... don't worry it's not your tech savviness.  

@doxiemoxie212 I am wary of massage in the first trimester because I've heard it can lead to miscarriage.  The one place I go for massages makes you sign a waver if you are pregnant.  Massage later in pregnancy is mandatory as far as I'm concerned. There was a masseuse at a nail place I went to during my last pregnancy that I adored when she did my pedicures.  It hurt- but she was able to get my feet back to their normal size and shape.   And if you are a stomach sleeper like I am finding a massage place with a table made to accommodate the pregnant belly is the only way you will be able to lay down- I'd pay just to have an hour long nap on the table.  

Do any of the STM+ have any experience with breastfeeding during pregnancy.  DD is only 9 months old and I am planning on BFing her through most of this pregnancy- but between the sensitive nipples and decreased milk supply I'm not sure if I'll be able to.  Any advice/ tips would be appreciative.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jsl82 I'm still BFing my 15m old and BF DD when I was pregnant with DS. The nipple sensitivity sucks and doesn't really get better (imo) but I just suck it up.

Kelly's mom is a great resource! I hope you are able to continue and keep your supply up. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks @sabby2 and @dinodna3 I'm sure I'll be reading about it quite a bit over the next few weeks.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @doxiemoxie212 haha, pregnancy dreams are crazy! if Ryan Reynolds appeared in my dreams I wouldn't be mad. 
  • Ah!  Weird dreams started a few days before I got my BFP.  One of them involved one of my coworkers...he was a serial killer.  It was horrific and I am still having a hard time looking at him the same.  One of my other more memorable ones was that we were pregnant with triplets.   :o
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • is anyone else rh negative? I have O- blood and I know I will need the RhoGAM injection. The OB cannot see me as a new patient until December 4th (WHAT) but I get to have an "education session" with her Nurse on October 16th. I was spoiled with my former practice back home and could get squeezed in for emergencies. Starting out in a whole new state is overwhelming. 

Can anyone else tell me when they received their injections and if they had any problems being rh negative?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jsl82 no advice, but I'm going to be breastfeeding DS through this entire pregnancy if possible!
    @dinodna3 DS is 15 months as well, he was a july 2016 baby
  • @halesnwhales Is your DS going though a super clingy stage too? He was suppose to be a July baby but came a weekish early in June. 
  • @dinodna3 yes! He definitely is. He is usually very independent, but recently he hasn't been able to leave mama's arms.
  • Lots of July 2016 babes...Mine just got over a super clingy/sleep regression phase.  I blame a lot of it on molars. 
  • @bkrahn my oldest definitely did. I am not sure with my second child.. Because she has always been pretty cuddly.. So it's hard to tell if it's increased. Lol And my oldest started doing the extra cuddles around what would have been dpo 5 or so....  before I got a positive test result anyway. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • sabby2sabby2 member
    edited October 2017
    @missylaneous419 typically rhogam is with any vaginal bleeding or around 28 weeks. Also after delivery.

Edit for clarity 
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Dashaina that is so interesting! it's crazy what they can pick up on. My dog too became super protective over me a few days past ovulation.. she's been driving me so crazy because I can't seem to go anywhere without her needing to be right beside me lol 
  • @missylaneous419 I have to get them. with my first, I had no spotting, so I got it towards the end of my pregnancy then I would have had it again after delivery, but because of ds' bloodtype, I didn't have to. with my losses, I had a short window to get in and get it as soon as bleeding started. and with this one, she said if I spot at all, to call her and come in for it again.

otherwise, I've never had any issues with the shots
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • pewpewpewmepewpewpewme member
    edited October 2017
    @catlady1215 @sabby2 Thanks ladies. I had it around 6 weeks in the hospital when I had spotting but I never carried to term. I am being overly paranoid and worried this time around about how long it will take to get in and talk to a DR. I need to calm down lol 
  • @missylaneous419 can you call the office and speak with a nurse? 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @missylaneous419 I would imagine if you called your dr with any spotting (god forbid and fx you won't need to), they'd find you a spot and squeeze you in right away since it's time sensitive. The nurse at my dr office took me in a room, gave me a quick shot, and out I went.
  • @sabby2 I don't with my first because our laundry isn't accessible to me, but it will be for number 2 so we will cloth diaper with him/ her. My question was about cloth diapering, too!

Cloth diaper mamas... what brand do you live? I fell in love with Grovia when I nannied a little one who was in cloth diapers but am still nervous to commit to a "system." I'm trying to accumulate stock over the length of the pregnancy so there's less sticker shock, lol. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @d_marie_23 I'm a grovia and best bottom gal exclusively. Tries others and didn't love them.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• pewpewpewmepewpewpewme member
    edited October 2017
    @sabby2 I will ask to do that. The receptionist was very polite but if I asked any medical questions about what I could expect with my appointment with the nurse she would say she was not medical and couldn't answer my questions. All she said is it would be an educational session. I looked for a doctor with top reviews and she is one of the top for high risk pregnancies so I understand they are very busy. I just need a medical professional to calm my crazy arse down lol
  • @missylaneous419 ~ I am Rh- and last time they only gave me injections if I was having bleeding (so I got two during my pregnancy) and then one at delivery. 
  • @sabby2 Thanks! I'll have to look into them more. I love, LOVE how adorable the shells are for BB but hadn't heard how they actually are, lol. Good to know they're well liked! 

@halesnwhales Thanks! I'll for sure check them out! 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Can anyone recommend some pregnancy tracker apps for Iphone?  There are about a million out there.  I have the bump (obviously) and P Tracker (because I already used it for tracking) but neither really offers the interactive stuff I'm looking for - like tracking measurements, exercise options, daily reminders, things like that.  Basically I don't know anything about being pregnant so I'm looking for an app that will tell me what to do :D

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited October 2017
    @RatParade I've been using BabyBump, Ovia Pregnancy, and Sprout Pregnancy. I think I like Ovia best? I don't love any of them, though. 

ETA: based on what you said you wanted, I think Ovia is probably closest.
  • @RatParade I like the Ovia pregnancy app. 
  • @ratparade I haven't found one I love yet. but so far, Ovia is my top.