May 2018 Moms
Options

How Will you or how did you announce??

Re: How Will you or how did you announce??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @justsuzie I love this idea! So original and fitting for you all. 
  • Options
    @codeeye oh my goodness that is too sweet!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Hi All, 
    First off you all are super creative. I've bought my hubs and I the mama and papa bear shirts to wear as Halloween costumes for an upcoming party.

However, I am struggling on how to tell one of my close friends. I've known her since kindergarten and she has been TTC for about 5 or 6 months. We talked about wanting to be pregnant at the same time and our kids being each others' first friend.The last time we talked about babies was right before my BFP.  I don't want her finding out via social media but don't know how to approach the conversation. 

Any advice for how to tell someone you care about but know they are going through struggles conceiving?
  • Options
    @dee_ao I think it is great you are being sensitive to her feelings.  I asked for some similar advice yesterday and many of the ladies suggested that I let the person know before posting on social media and ask them if they would like to be blocked from the post if it would be hurtful for them to see it popping up over and over again.  
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles, thank. I'm definitely going to ask her if she would rather not see any posts.
  • Options
    @dee_ao my SIL and I decided to also try at the same time so we could be pregnant together. She got pregnant the first month and it took me a year. I know that she told us over dinner at her house and I was shocked but pulled it together to be happy for her. When we left and got back in the car, I started crying. So please give her some time to break down alone. So either near the end of your meeting or even text message would have been fine with me so I could suffer in silence. After that, I loved seeing her but there was also sadness. So I would never initiate getting together but I would meet up anytime she asked because I was happy for her and I enjoyed seeing her. I am on a group chat with my in laws which is basically just pictures of the baby. I muted the conversation so I don't get notifications but I check it out and comment every now and then. 
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited October 2017
    I get my blood drawn for my cell-free DNA test on Monday. If I get the results within 1.5 weeks I would like to proceed by:
    1. Telling some close family and friends that don’t know yet
    2. Tell my boss and staff (I strategically moved my team meeting and setup a 1:1 with my manager the end of that 2nd week)
    3. Announce that following weekend at my DD’s bday party. She’ll be 2 so she won’t get it or be mad that I stole her thunder haha. But I’d catch a ton of extended family and close friends in person and can’t wait to see the shock on some people’s faces. 
    4. Social media post. 

Still have to run this by my husband but I think it should be good. I also wanted to include something in our Christmas cards, but I ordered them already and felt it was too early to commit that way so I just signed it “The *****ns”. 
  • Options
    @disney7278 That’s awesome! 
  • Options
    I want to do a pumpkin themed announcement for close family after the NT scan and bloodwork and I'm thinking some sort of announcement on our Christmas card for everyone else. 
  • Options
    @bearwithme I always try to order them early because you get the best deals! Things get so crazy around holiday time so I’ve made myself order them in early October the last couple years!
  • Options
    @silverhope I love that. 
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 that's such a good point! I'm totally ordering my Christmas cards tonight!! I always wait til the rush an so pay a million dollars.
  • Options
    @silverhope that is definitely one of my favorite announcements I've seen to date!
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited October 2017
    @k5678 I actually was “late” this year and missed the 75% off deal. Ended up having to settle for 60% off. They are on track to arrive today and I can’t wait to see them! Hope you get some good savings.