RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 9.25

• Options
    @psm2462 Six times last night. No joke. The first three were within the same 1.5 hours. Then I wake up so dehydrated and don't pee again until lunch time. Not fair.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rage-y. Is that a word? I'm mad at everyone for everything. I never experienced this with my first pregnancy. 

I'm also having trouble connecting with this pregnancy. (Maybe it's the toddler I'm already chasing?) My husband and I planned on baby number two, but I'm just not feeling it now. I know I'll love her just the same when she's here. But, other than the hip pain, frequent bathroom trips, trouble breathing, mood swings, little flutter kicks and the very noticeable bump, i just don't feel pregnant. I thought i would start to once i felt her and once the vomiting stopped, but i still don't. I feel like I'm just on auto pilot and feel very guilty about feeling this way. My 20w ultrasound is next week, so hopefully it'll help sink in more. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    Finally broke the snoogle out of storage. Praise the lord!! 
    I've been laughing that my toddler is sleeping though the night, but the new baby is keeping me up already...mama slept though the night folks!! Had to pee like crazy when Hubby got up at 5 but it was beautiful. 

@SquirrelsRWatching I've been feeling the same way...at the start I was so excited because we planned this pregnancy and I wanted this baby so bad, but now I just feel so guilty becuase with work and a toddler to chase I forget I am pregnant most days. Wish I could connect with the baby more and sovour the pregnancy. I am have my anatomy scan soon. You are right, I hope it helps!! 
  • Options
    The waddling is new... Mostly when I first get out of bed or get up after sitting too long. My friend saw me do that over the weekend and was like, NOW you look pregnant lol. 
  • Options
    I'm with the ladies that have to pee constantly... it is unreal... I also "snissed" for the first time this pregnancy while on recess duty... lovely... 

Another symptom that I didn't have with either of my other two pregnancies is that I feel the "let down" tingle 5-6 times a day. My breasts aren't leaking but man... it feels just like when I'd nurse and the milk would start really flowing. Anyone else feel this? 
  • Options
    Another for peeing all the time! I am so thirsty at night—so I drink a ton of water, but then curse myself the next time I have to pee. 
  • Options
    I finally got the meatball sub I was craving over the weekend. Now I want nothing more than a turkey sandwich with lots of mayo and pototo chips! I'm tempted to do a "what are you craving" thread but that will just make me more hungry. 

I've been waking up at 4, 5, and/or 6 every morning. Not to pee, just to roll over painfully and stay awake :'(
  • Options
    @SquirrelsRWatching I'm feeling the same way! Our anatomy scan is next week too (on Wednesday!) and I'm hoping that helps me as well. 
  • Options
    @SquirrelsRWatching
    I'm feeling that way with this pregnancy also. It is going by so much faster than with my other two because I am so preoccupied and know what to expect. I haven't done near the planning/day dreaming about this baby as I did with the other two... my anatomy scan is tomorrow morning. I'm thinking it'll feel a little bit more "real" when I see this little one again and know whether its a boy or girl. :) 
  • Options
    Braxton hicks have already started for me. I feel like it's so early for them. But maybe I had them last time and didn't realize what they were? Anyone else? 
  • Options
    Braxton hicks have already started for me. I feel like it's so early for them. But maybe I had them last time and didn't realize what they were? Anyone else? 
    Not yet here... that I've felt anyway. Do you get many at a time when you have them? 
  • Options
    I have had them earlier with my second and now my third pregnancies. My doctors have said is totally normal as long as it isn’t a constant thing. 
  • Options
    Same old thing for me this week. I'm hungry all the time. Haven't weighed since doctors visit 4 weeks ago so that should be fun. 

Tonight I made hot ham and and cheese sandwiches on Hawaiian subs because I wanted a sub so bad. Not sorry about it. 
  • Options
    Definitely having Braxton Hicks. I had them all the time last time so I remember exactly what they feel like. It does seem like they started earlier this time, but maybe I'm just identifying them earlier. 
  • Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2017
    I've been feeling tiny little flutters and kicks on and off the last couple of weeks, but got my first real solid kick tonight while I was poking at my belly!!! She kicked strong enough that DH finally got to experience it too!  :)

ETA: words are hard
  • Options
    I had one yesterday! I would have never known what to expect if I hadn't read it on here. I just happened to be lazing on the couch watching netflix with my hand on my tummy feeling little kicks when it suddenly got hard! It was cool bc it was the first one (im at 21w) but i'm sure it'll be annoying later.
  • Options
    I'm assuming I have a pinched nerve. Dull ache from my hip down to my ankle. So that's fun
  • Options
    I think I will ask my MFM at my appointment this week about the Braxton hicks. They aren't constant, I will get a handful of them in a hour here or there. But I feel better knowing I'm not the only one feeling them this early. 
  • Options
    I think I will ask my MFM at my appointment this week about the Braxton hicks. They aren't constant, I will get a handful of them in a hour here or there. But I feel better knowing I'm not the only one feeling them this early. 
    Is it possible to describe what BH feels like? I have all sorts of random pains that range from muscular-feeling (sides and front) to menstrual cramp-like pains. I haven't felt a movement yet that I know of, because I chalk everything up to gas.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited September 2017
    @eggplantface BH have a range, I've found out. Typically they're described as the muscles tightening but not necessarily hurting. Well, mine tend to hurt so I call BS! My BH right now feel like period cramps so that may be what you're feeling too! Toward the end of my last pregnancy I could only differentiate BH and real contractions by the timing. I got BH every. single. time. I went to the bathroom and they felt the same as the "real" contractions. 

Edit: spelling is hard. 
  • Options
    @eggplantface The BH I've ever had haven't really hurt, but they feel like your belly gets really tight and something is squeezing it hard for a minute or so. Kind of like a charley horse without the pain? 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    +5 for peeing all the time.

I am so frustrated that I am STILL throwing up at least every couple of days. People keep assuring me that I "will feel soooo much better" once I am past 12 weeks. Except I'm 19 weeks.

reaction the office michael scott steve carrell GIF

• Options
    @sugarcoateddonut I feel your pain on the puke. Where's this magical 2nd trimester feeling better and energy. Now it's not as often as the 1st tri when it was daily - now it's down to once a week and I'm 22 weeks on thurs. Make it stop please.
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 @winnie1122 Thanks for the details! I don't feel the muscle contractions with the pain so it may just be RLP still. I'll pay closer attention next time it happens.

@sugarcoateddonut My best friend was throwing up until 32 weeks, and her sister also was nauseated/throwing up the entire pregnancy. I hope you get some relief soon!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Growing RLP club member here! Now to hear y'all describe it i may have been having occasional BH but they haven't been painful, just a tightening of the belly.

Oh and Baby Groot has apparently discovered my bladder because I have to pee every 5 minutes it seems like. He/she is very active. Kinda glad I have a posterior placenta. I'm feeling every roll, nudge and kick when he/she is towards the front of my uterus.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Is it possible to describe what BH feels like? I have all sorts of random pains that range from muscular-feeling (sides and front) to menstrual cramp-like pains. I haven't felt a movement yet that I know of, because I chalk everything up to gas.
    I definitely wouldn't describe them as painful or crampy feeling. It just feels like you ute gets rock hard and tightens up. Usually lasts 30ish seconds for me. Doesn't linger, just happens then it's over. I would say that they're only uncomfortable when you are hugely pregnant because it's practically your whole stomach and can take your breath away a bit.
  • Options
    I'm waking up in the morning with crazy heartburn.  Tums usually takes care of it, but I take a thyroid replacement med in the morning and I can't take Tums (or calcium or fruit juice) for a couple hours after.  What are your favorite cures for heartburn that are not Tums?
  • Options
    @babybro218 I'm pretty sure Pepcid is pregnancy approved, and is the only thing that's not Tums or calcium-based (like a glass of milk) I can think of that helps my heartburn.  I'm sure there's other OTC meds that are safe, too.  Otherwise, just avoiding anything that you know triggers your heartburn -- although if you're waking up with it, it's obviously not from anything you're eating.  Can you try sleeping propped up a little on a pillow?
  • Options
    Thanks, @psm2462.  I tried the pillow, but I seem to reject it in my sleep and they all end up on the floor.  I will look into pepcid and ask my Dr. about it next week!
  • Options
    I'm waking up in the morning with crazy heartburn.  Tums usually takes care of it, but I take a thyroid replacement med in the morning and I can't take Tums (or calcium or fruit juice) for a couple hours after.  What are your favorite cures for heartburn that are not Tums?
    Pepcid all the way! So much better than tums 
  • Options
    @clc515 @eggplantface It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one going through it (feel super badly for anyone who is sick though!).

My SIL is 9 weeks along and hasn't even been nauseated. I can't help but be a little jealous.
  • Options
    @clc515 @eggplantface It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one going through it (feel super badly for anyone who is sick though!).

My SIL is 9 weeks along and hasn't even been nauseated. I can't help but be a little jealous.
    My cousin and I were due at 10 days apart with our girls. I was sick the ENTIRE time and I think she had like one bad day. I had so many issues and she breezed right on through! I was so jealous but also happy she didn't have to deal with it. I know the feeling! 
  • Options
    @babybro218 I found that Pepcid and Zantac didn't work for me last pregnancy or this time. But I would give both of those a try first before asking your doctor.

I just started a prescription for heartburn again because the Zantac started to not work anymore(protonix is what I am on now). I highly recommend it if you don't get relief with any OTC meds. 
  • Options
    @eggplantface I agree with all PP. BH feels like an overall tightening of your stomach. I can always tell when I'm having them because my poor bladder cries out "peeeee!" Haha! 
  • Options
    I've got a bit of the blues this week. I've dealt with anxiety in the past but havent had it in a couple years but with a bunch of things piling up right now in life i feel it starting to creep in:(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandappanderson  I'm sorry to hear that.  Feel free to vent here.  Sometimes just "saying" it helps.  Are you taking anything?  I'm staying on a low dose of Zoloft.  My doctors say it's safe and keeps things from getting too overwhelming for me.  
  • Options
    @eggplantface I agree with all PP. BH feels like an overall tightening of your stomach. I can always tell when I'm having them because my poor bladder cries out "peeeee!" Haha! 
    I don't have to pee when I get them, but it does make me short of breath for the duration. They don't hurt, but the tightening is uncomfortable. I'm 19w.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??