February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change 9/23 & 9/24

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite picture book? Or one of your favorites if you can't pick one.

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 9/23 & 9/24

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 18 weeks on Sunday. 

2) How are you feeling? Much better than I was. I wish I had more energy, but I no longer feel like I am in a constant fog. I am starting to waddle a bit though. 

3) Any appointments this week? We have our A/S this week on Tuesday, then right after it is my 18 week appointment. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't think of much this week. 

5) GTKY: What is your favorite picture book? Or one of your favorites if you can't pick one. 
    This time of year, my favorite picture book is The Ugly Pumpkin. Great lesson, cute pictures, really good rhythm, and surprise ending. 
  • Options
    @lainikins I never heard of that book, but I've been researching children's books at the library since i want to make one. I will check it out! Exciting about anatomy scan. Have you already discovered the sex or is that at this appointment? If so that is super exciting we didn't have any scans or find out yet, so anxious!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    18 weeks Sunday also. About like a sweet potato.
    2) How are you feeling?
    Definitely heartburn always, less fatigue. Not terrible.
    No, but I just decided to hire a doula so I might end up with a consultation/interview for one of the doulas I contacted this week.
    I keep having little pinches in random places (like not always the same place) in my abdomen. They aren't super painful, just little pinches. I googled and some other board said it's your uterus growing. Does anyone know actually? It's not painful enough that I'd think to ask the doctor, but it definitely feels more like a tiny pinch than a kick. Also, I'm starting to have the appearance of a bump and not just a pudgier version of me, yay!
    My current favorite is Eloise, but I think that's more for adults. She is so funny, I love her attitude! As a child one of my favorites was the Berenstein Bears and the Messy Room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 19 weeks on Sunday. 

2) How are you feeling?     
      Heartburn is killing me, especially at night. Ive also been starving and dead tired all week

3) Any appointments this week? Not this week but A/S plus regular OB appointment on the 4th which is getting close! DH and I are getting so excited!! Cant wait to find out if DS is gonna have a littleness brother or sister! 
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? DH is coming back from Georgia after being gone a month and half and I get him for a whole two weeks!! 

I'm gonna have to go with llama llama red pajama because DS is obsessed with it right now it's pretty cute!  
    Also @alice0218 have you heard of the whole berenstein bear conspiracy theory?? I remember it being berenstein bears growing up not berenstain bears  but you should check this out it's pretty entertaining lol apparently this means parallel universes exist https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mvx7v8/the-berensteain-bears-conspiracy-theory-that-has-convinced-the-internet-there-are-parallel-universes
  • Options
    @heatherandmatt26 No, I hadn't heard of that conspiracy theory, but I feel like I've had that conflict before, maybe someone said Berenstain or I read it on a cover and was messed up for a second but didn't think much of it. Thanks for sharing that article! It makes me want to find some old books in my mom's basement and see what they actually say. 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 weeks today

2) How are you feeling? the usual tired, but overall this pregnancy has been easier than my first. I imagine towards the end that will be different.

3) Any appointments this week? YUP! We have our big scan with our MFM. I am hoping that the twins look excellent and are growing great with no signs of TTTS. I am terrified that they will develop it. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I think I am going to ask my OB tomorrow for heartburn meds. zantac and tums are not cutting it this time. 

I don't think I have one. But our DD really love the touch and feel books by Usbourne. 
  • Options
    20 weeks today! A banana! 

2) How are you feeling? 
    I've been fine, but for this past week, I've had an AWFUL headcold, and it sucks because you can't take anything.

We finally have our anatomy scan! Planning a mini reveal party the following weekend because my parents are out of town. But I can't wait!!!

Not really pregnancy related, but the app was being impossible all week. I saw someone else was having issues as well, but I couldn't even post to say anything. Oh well, it's back now!

Not sure if they count (I guess so because there's pictures lol) but anything but Shel Silverstein. All of the poem books (E.g.: Sidewalk Ends) and of course the Giving Tree.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    19w yesterday, 2 mangoes (mo/di twin boys)
    2) How are you feeling?
    energy is good. I get super out of breath going up stairs/hills. Biggest complaint is BLOAT. And trapped gas that won't come out. Omg. Today was particularly bad. I just feel huge and can literally feel my skin stretching
    No, but counting down the days til my next MFM appt a week from Mon and then my 20w scan with my OB a week from Weds. @meatballs37 I'm so worried about TTTS. 1st appt with the MFM was at 17w and they measured 8oz and 7oz. he said they usually see it by then so he wasn't worried, but doesn't stop me from biting my nails til the next scan. Eek! 7 more days....
    thought I had all the maternity clothes I need for a while, aaaannd all of a sudden my *new* bras are killing me. Guess it's my ribcage expanding. 
  • Options
    *lurking from Wednesday ticker change*, @stephbp2007 , you may want to ask you doctor.  I have a cold too, and they were able to give me a list of a few medications that are okay.  I didn't end up needing to take anything, but it was good to know that if I wasn't able to sleep or whatever, I had options.  One, I THINK, was Tylenol Cold, but definitely worth asking them! 
  • Options
    *lurking from Wednesday ticker change*, @stephbp2007 , you may want to ask you doctor.  I have a cold too, and they were able to give me a list of a few medications that are okay.  I didn't end up needing to take anything, but it was good to know that if I wasn't able to sleep or whatever, I had options.  One, I THINK, was Tylenol Cold, but definitely worth asking them! 
    Thanks! I ended up calling. It's really a persistent cough with this awful rattle  :s

The NP gave me some over the counter stuff to take. Luckily I see them Wednesday regardless for my 20 week visit so maybe they can listen to my chest then.
  • Options
    @alice0218, we will be finding out if it is a boy or a girl at the scan. We have not so patiently been waiting. I can't believe it is finally tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @seltzerinstead how exciting that you are having mono/di boys too! I know what you mean about TTTS. I feel so relived after an appointment, but then a week later I'm back to worrying. My MFM said that TTTS can happen at anytime. I'm part of a mono/di group on Facebook and some of the ladies have had it happen in the third trimester. :( 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I'm in a fbook group too for modi pregnancy. It's nice to see how many vaginal births there are at 36-37 weeks but so scary to see all the tiny nicu babies. Here's hoping for the best for all 4 of our boys!
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I'm in a fbook group too for modi pregnancy. It's nice to see how many vaginal births there are at 36-37 weeks but so scary to see all the tiny nicu babies. Here's hoping for the best for all 4 of our boys!
    I agree! Very comforting! Mine will be a scheduled c-section. And I'm really hoping to make it to 35/36 weeks with zero nicu time! "No nicu time" is going to be my mantra at the end when I feel so pregnant and miserable.