Heartbeat dropped — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Heartbeat dropped

Ok so I was on progesterone until tgis past week. At 10 weeks baby's heartbeat was 165 at 13 weeks heart beat was 156 and now at 16 weeks geartbeat is 139. I am freaking out but ultrasound tech said its normal. has this happened to anyone else? I know 139 is still in the normal range but has anyone experienced dropping heartrate and baby was okay. 

Re: Heartbeat dropped

• Ok so I was on progesterone until tgis past week. At 10 weeks baby's heartbeat was 165 at 13 weeks heart beat was 156 and now at 16 weeks geartbeat is 139. I am freaking out but ultrasound tech said its normal. has this happened to anyone else? I know 139 is still in the normal range but has anyone experienced dropping heartrate and baby was okay. 
    If your US tech said it's normal, trust the medical professional. Just like us, baby's heart rate changes throughout the day. It lowers when they sleep and raises when they're doing somersaults. You just caught the heart beat in a way that makes it look like it's decreasing.
    ME: 31  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    **Ticker Warning**
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Gingermom15lovesclimbing
  • Thank you for your response. It makes me feel better! I can not wait to actually hold this little one. My pregnancy has been such a roller coaster ride. subchorionic hematomas, different heart rates, high blood pressure, and cyst this is trully my mericle baby! 
  • As we get bigger it is normal for the heart rate to decrease slightly. Your baby's is still in the normal range and can vary by time of day and sleep-wake cycle.