TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/18

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/18

• well I'm pretty sure we just booked a wedding for Oct 14 - it's a catholic wedding so a lot more music and work goes into especially when we are the piano part.  No pianist on this one.  So we play with the vocalist. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vlagrl29 Is the music fairly consistent in what's chosen for weddings, or do you get to play a pretty wide variety? I so wish I'd stuck with the violin but gave it up after high school. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ELeighMay- it can be consisent.  Canon in D, trumpet voluntary, songs like that are the traditional classical wedding music that a lot of brides pick.  However we do play modern music as well that you would hear on the radio.  If a bride really wants it and will pay for the arrangement our violinist composes it for her.  We played 2 weddings in June that were all composed modern music.  songs like best day of my life, only time, hallelujah, love story.
  • @vlagrl29 I had vitamin string playing at my wedding.  I loved the modern music played by strings.  I have always wanted to take lessons.  
  • @vlagrl29 one of my loves-Canon in D  <3
  • @Mack2342- yeah we get a lot of requests from brides that love those vitamin string quartet songs played at their wedding.  I just ask them to send me the clip off of you tube and our violinist can compose it by ear.  she's amazing.
  • @leahcimmichael Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Pumpkin Spice, the Ryan Seacrest of Fall :) 

@sprkls8506 Hey neighbor! They are hyping this up way more than they need to (just a little rain :)

@ELeighMay @MooFish2364 It's definitely hard to miss anything baby in target. It is pretty much the whole middle of our local store (clothes/ gear/ toys). 

• @msstephanielynn omg I agree!!! I don't even care except I have to go out in it! Bleh!! I also won't park my car on the tree side of the driveway!
  • MooFish2364 Food and Wine Festival in Disney! After my first MC (eons ago), the first time I went to a Walmart afterwards, the baby aisle is across from the food section... and I saw it and lost my shyte right there. Sorry for the stress.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• nessie1313nessie1313 member
    edited September 2017
    @dpjennifer - Disney! I love Disney and I want to go to that so bad! Enjoy it!

1. Been here about a week actively, though lurking awhile.
    2. I'm just finishing AF #2 after MC, so keeping everything crossed for this month.
    3. Small rant - I have a friend who I hadn't told about MC. I slipped and said something and had to tell her last week. I hadn't told her because she's one of those people who turns everything into a competition. We got married around the same time, and I got to hear about everything I did wrong the ENTIRE time, or about her wedding plans, up to and including at my bachelorette weekend. Sure enough, I told her about what happened, and it went into a conversation about how she and her husband were thinking about kids, and ended with "if you ever need to talk, you just call, cause we're, you know, on the same page." WTF? Same page? Seriously?  /end rant

4. I must admit, I'll miss being off of work over the summer (I teach high school), but I love the Fall. being able to wear jeans and sweaters again, and Halloween, and fun things like that. :)

• nessie1313 Oh man, I have a friend like that too. While I'd consider her fun and a fairly good friend I certainly filter what I tell her for that exact reason. 
  • @nessie1313 sorry about your friend. Same page my Arse.  That would be the last friend I talk to.  None of my close friends have been through a MC and they say stupid stuff all the time. Drives me nuts. I have a few friends that aren't that close that have unfortunately been in "my shoes" and I talk to them more as they do understand and don't say the wrong things.  
  • @msstephanielynn the Ryan Seacrest of fall. Omg. DED.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Speaking of seeing baby things in Target, I just got an email from Amazon "A gift from your baby registry is on its way" WTF?! I'm hoping it's a glitch, but if not I wonder who I'll have to break it to that their gift may not ever get used. Way to pour salt in my wound, Amazon! 
  • leahcimmichael Oh no! I would contact Amazon to see what's up. Unless it's a stork, in which case hold off. 
  • @leahcimmichael Thankfully Irma didn't cause too much damage where I live. We had a couple small palm trees fall down in the front yard, but they didn't hit anything. The mailboxes in front of some of the houses in my neighborhood completely blew off! There's still a lot of trees down in the streets/sidewalks, just have to drive around them.
  • @nessie1313 I'm sorry about your friend. 

@leahcimmichael that's terrible!!  Ugh!!!

• I love the response that you can get pregnant all the way up to 50. I'm thinking wtf I don't want to be that old and preggo
  • @leahcimmichael I think that either amazon had a glitch this afternoon or it is phishing, because I received the same email today about a gift being on the way. I didn't click on anything in the email, but am suspicious of it. 
  • Terrible glitch!!!
  • Ugh! What a cruel glitch. Thanks for the info, ladies! 
  • That's horrible!
  • That's awful!

• 1. Introduce Yourself
    Newish, 3rd cycle of ttc after mc and dnc 
    2. Status?
    wto,cd 4, looking forward to my cd 12 visit to see if endometrium is growing well
    3. R/R
    I am still super happy and loaded with energy after our camping trip. Climbing up volcanos really helps with ttc stress!
    rant
    We have a new person at work: 7months pregnant who decided that we are bff now. Luckily my boss, who knows my story, gently redirected her to go and bother someone else, so i don't have constant triggers.
    4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall? 
    I live in ca now, do not too much of seasonal changes, which I actually miss. I grew up in Poland, which has a weather kind of like new york and way more beautiful fall than new england (i might be a little biased :) ). I was supposed to visit my family in October, but then I was supposed to be pretty pregnant by now, so now I am going to europe for christmas and not pregnant at all :(
    I think I will mostly miss super sweet fruits and homegrown tomatoes  from summer.On the other hand I am a huge pumpkin / squash fan, so I am looking forward to some fall cooking. I also hope that  there is an indian summer coming soon in ca, so I can enjoy the sun a little bit more.
  • @dpjennifer that sounds like so much fun! My mom is taking my niece and nephew to Disney in April and the whole family is invited. Not sure if we are going to go because we are spending a lot of money on home improvements, plus my cousin is getting married in Florida in March.

Damn you Amazon.... what a horrible error. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • katie121209katie121209 member
    edited September 2017
    Today is the day I was supposed to go for my 8 week appointment...instead I'm dropping off gifts for a double sprinkle....what a day.  We are headed out of town for my birthday tomorrow so hoping to have some needed fun. 

I don't think I got that amazon email, what a crazy glitch!
  • @katie121209 have a great birthday!  Passing those milestones can be hard.  Doing something fun and staying occupied can help 
  • katie121209 Enjoy your birthday best you can. I can relate to this one. My birthday and mc cooresponded almost to the day, and I should've been 8 weeks that day. I hope you are able to keep yourself preoccupied.

My DH is currently at his Endo appointment as I type and it's driving me crazy that I wasn't able to attend. I feel like he never remembers to ask important questions while he's there, comes home and says, "oh...I guess I forgot" despite having a list of stuff to remember to go over. Hopefully he will come home with some encouraging news.
  • @katie121209 Happy Birthday. Sounds like getting out of town is a good idea. 
  • aga31aga31 member
    edited September 2017
    @katie121209 happy birthday! 
    I somehow managed to delete from my memory all the exact dates connected to my pregnancy, it is better for me like that.

random rant: I just noticed today another woman at work is getting a big belly, she is expecting twins. She already has 2 kids. I did not talk to her about it and I obviously don't know her story, maybe it wasn't easy for her, who knows. But it makes me feel like universe is punishing me big time :( trying to focus on good things, it's just one of those days today....
  • @katie121209 happy birthday! Hope you can enjoy your weekend and be distracted a little from remembering about your milestone. 

@ELeighMay hopefully your DH remembered to ask all the questions in his appt and that it went well! 

@aga31  sorry about the coworker. I know that’s hard, I just had a coworker of mine who was super pregnant and went on maternity leave, and she’s been sending me texts lately with baby pictures. She doesn’t know about my mc so I can’t really blame her, but it still sucks. Like you said, just try to focus on some positive things for now, and things will change for you soon for the better, I’m sure. 
  • @aga31 To everything there is a season. There is a time to cry, and a time to give a kick ass presentation! Proud of you! 
  • @aga31 Sorry about the pregnancy announcement. I feel like the ones due in January (both of our EDD for our losses) are extra hard for me. Like a huge punch in my tummy, heart, and everything. I feel like sooo many people now are due in January :( I'm kind of dreading January. Let's hope we are both pregnant by then and hopefully it'll help a little bit. 
  • Yay @aga31 go you! I had the same reaction when my OB told me I was unexplained infertile! Held myself together, told him I'm not infertile and when I was dressing myself I let the tears come. Screw him - docs don't know everything.