TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/18

Hope everyone had a great weekend and that this week gives our group some BFPs!!!

1. Introduce Yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R
4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall? 

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/18

• 1. Been here for two weeks
    2. CD 18 after MC. Working to not get my expectations up since I know it might take a while to get normal cycles. 
    3. TW! OP PPT mentioned.
    .Went out This weekend and one of the girls revealed she's preg- had just taken a test- and had to listen to it for hours. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for her but it was just too much to listen to right now. 
    4. I'm ready for some slightly cooler weather so we can start walking more outside with the dog! 
  • 1. I'm Leah, been here for a couple months and TTC for over a year.
    2. TWW. Got my crosshairs this morning.
    3. So many rants from this cycle... KU sister, OB couldn't get me in for HSG, family history of ovarian cancer. I'll forgive all of that if I can just get my BFP next week, please. 
    Raves: So this is super dorky, but my DH and I did a jigsaw puzzle together this weekend and really enjoyed it. He was joking saying we should enter a puzzle competition (which there's actually 1 in Europe each year)... anyway, we started talking about doing a 24 hour puzzle marathon for charity and streaming it live, so that's something we're working on. 
    4. What I'm looking forward to most about fall is the food. Warm and spicy flavors of everything! It's the perfect time to eat a bunch of junk so that I make sure I weigh enough to survive the winter  ;)
    What I'll miss most about summer is actually being warm. My internal thermometer must be busted because I am freezing cold 90% of the time!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Been TTC for over a year - WTO and should be O'ing today

I'm loosing one of my newer adult violin students because he is being transferred with his job to Dallas :(  He was a good student too that practiced and always came to lessons.  BUT I think I'm getting a new kid violin student so at least I'm keeping the same amount.

I'm not a fan of heat so I won't miss the super hot summer days but I will miss pool time and everything being green.  Fall and Spring are my fav seasons.  I love all the color changes in the leaves, cooler weather, fun activities like going to the pumpkin patch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TTC for 19mo. This is my first normal cycle after MMC. Got my solid smile today so hoping for the lightening strike, and sadly having very irrational hopeful thoughts that it could happen. Trying to rein that in is a struggle for some reason. You'd think after enough BFN's and a MC I'd be able to be a bit more reluctant. Alas, onward into the deep end first.

Summer has been over for us for a couple weeks now. Our low's are in the 40's and people are starting to pull out fall coats. I'm already missing bonfires and laying on the beach, but can't wait for the first freeze to kill the mosquitoes that are still hounding us. I'm over getting up in the pitch dark, but love all the fall smells. The leaves are all falling and it's beautiful. I just wish it would last longer than a week or two. I always miss not having to wear a coat once fall/winter hits in full swing but the sweatshirt and jeans season is by far my favorite. The season change is clearly a love/hate thing for me.
  • 40momma40momma member
    edited September 2017
    Not new, been here since April. CD6, bring it on!

Just spent the weekend away with 2 of our closes friends who just started TTC and we knew she was PG but she hadn't said anything yet. (The same friend I mentioned last week, I could tell she was PG by not drinking, not eating raw sushi, etc). Anyway, finally my DH came out with it and said 'Is there anything you want to tell us?' And she admitted it. I'm trying so hard to be happy for them but it's just a punch in the gut. She's further along than I thought, which means she had a few drinks when she suspected it. She said she feels great and hasn't had any ms or any pg symptoms, just a missed period. And we were antique shopping and came across a cute older crib and DH said 'oh cute, maybe they want this'. Ugh, another punch in the gut. I know I'm slightly overreacting but it just really sucks. 

I love summer and will miss the warmth and the sunshine and riding my bike after work. I'm not looking forward to the fall and winter but I am looking forward to a few rainy days so I can curl up on the couch and read a book and not feel guilty for being inside. 

@katie121209 I'm right there with you. PG announcements from friends are hard to take. Mixed emotions for sure

@leahcimmichael the puzzle thing sounds really cool, I've never really gotten into them but one of my friends does them and finds it to be a huge stress reliever 

@vlagrl29 I used to take lessons (fiddle) but my poor violin has been collecting dust in the corner for 2 years. Maybe I'll pull it back out again this fall. 

• 1. Old. So old. 
    2. Status? Today is either O or 1dpo
    3. R/R It is going to be a gross weather week. I hate rain. I want to be outside.
    4. GTKY. I will miss my beach days so much! I love everything about fall tho!! Visiting the farms, baking, decorating! Just got home with new lights for outside.  :) 

@katie121209 announcements are always tough!!

@leahcimmichael I love puzzles but haven't done one in forever!!! 

@vlagrl29 sorry ur losing one of your students!

@ELeighMay I will get away with no winter coat as long as I possibly can. I hate them. We don't get the really cold weather for awhile here. I would look forward to all mosquitoes dying too!!! They have been horrible at nite here!

@40momma ugh the pregnancy announcements are so hard!! We had a date nite the other nite and saw two twin newborn babies. We were with friends and the whole topic came up. Only my DH and one friend know that I have been preg 4x this yr-with no baby. They know now but I don't think anyone understands just how hard it is unless they have lived it. 
  • sprkls8506 Agreed on the coat. I go a reallllyyyy long time before I'll bust mine out primarily out of stubbornness. I did go an entire winter without one the year I got my auto-start. I just had one in the car just in the event of an emergency. They're just so bulky!
  • @ELeighMay you sound like me!!!! I will bring it with me but just throw it on the front seat!!! 
  • @ELeighMay - great Gif! I was in that movie!!! They filmed it at my elementary school when I was in grade 2 or 3. We all got to be extras and my sister's grade got to make up the class room. haha
  • 40momma NO WAY! That's super cool!! Is your sister shown? That movie is a staple at our house.
  • 1. Been here since July-ish? Been TTC for 5 years. Have had two miscarriages in the last 10 months. Currently on my 4th IUI cycle waiting for IVF.

2. CD 11 today. Have one dominant follicle and a handful of iffy ones. Will either be triggered or cancelled today. 

3. *TW child mentioned and OP BFP* So I took DS to the park yesterday to have a play date with his friend whose mom is also a friend of mine and is one of the few people who knows about our losses and fertility treatments. She messaged me to say her DH would be there and not her. OK cool, I like hanging out with her husband too. About half way through the play date he turns to me and says "so did --- tell you we're expecting our 3rd?". Cue knife to the heart. Looking back, I think she's been trying to tell me for a couple of weeks but hasn't wanted to upset me so I'm positive her sending her DH to the park to tell me was planned. She is due in March - same time I would have been due with my last loss. F*ck me.  

4. I hate weather extremes so I'm not too upset summer is ending. I am going to miss just walking out of the house without having to find jackets, hats, mitts, and boots, though. Fall is my favourite time of year. I love Halloween. Love to make yummy stews and baking. And even though our fall is quite busy, I feel like I kind of slow down and go into hibernation mode where I allow myself time to just rest and do things that *I* like to do to recharge myself. And of course, fall is the lead up to Christmas, so there's that ;)

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @katie121209 - sorry about the pg announcement.  I know that feeling all too well.

@leahcimmichael - hoping you get a bfp this cycle!

@ELeighMay - I can't imagine putting on fall coats now

@40momma - are you telling us your pg friend is drinking alcohol?  Sorry for the announcement.

• @katie121209 Ugh, that must have been torture. So sorry :(

@leahcimmichael I like the way you think!

@vlagrl29 @ELeighMay I'm the same way with the heat. Fall weather is my fav. Sweater weather in the morning/evening, t-shirt weather during the day. Perfect!

@40momma I had a similar experience this weekend. It's a tough pill to swallow sometimes. *hugs*

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• 2. Status? Benched. WTO, like CD 12 or something.
    3. R/R I'm also active on the TTGP board, and it's super depressing to see people come back to TFAS (Trying for a Second) that you remember from the first time they were on the boards trying for the first... and still here twiddling my thumbs with no live baby...
    In other news... A week and a day til we leave on vacation. I need this vacation so much!
    4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall? I'm going to miss swimming. Looking forward to my vacation and having more down time (read - no yard work). :)

ELeighMay and sprkls8506 Ditto! I leave a winter coat in my car during the cold months, but barely ever wear it. It's bulky and I hate it. I'll wear a hoodie to run errands and whatnot, even in the freezing cold while it's snowing!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• ELeighMayELeighMay member
    edited September 2017
    dpjennifer I feel like people that don't deal with the cold snowy winters can't understand the pain in the neck that coats really are. Seriously, thank goodness for autostart. I can haul tail between the door and the car just fine and not freeze to death.
    On the flip-side I'm sorry for the TFAS group on the TTGP board. I popped into the room to lurk and decided that I wasn't ready for that crew yet. They have a male infertility board that I'm on, but otherwise try to avoid that one. 

• 2. Status? TWW 12DPO
    3. R/R BFN this morning
    4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall? I'm going to miss my flip flops the most about summer.  Looking forward to change in wardrobe 

@katie121209 announcements are difficult 

@leahcimmichael I'm cold all the time too.  Wrap up in a blanket in the summer. FX you get your BFP

@vlagrl29 glad you are getting a new student to replace the one 

@ELeighMay FX for that lightening strike!

@40momma that sucks about your friend. It's hard wanting to be happy for someone knowing that you've done all the right things and they didn't 

@tosh24 sorry about the announcement.  FX things work out for your IUI. 

@dpjennifer I hope you enjoy your vacation and relaxation time!!
  • ELeighMay Yeah, I tend to avoid the TFAS group... but I sometimes read the newbie thread (especially if a new TTCAL-er joins), but when I read that I noticed a screen name I recognized intro-ing as well... from someone I remember TTC the first time around. Ugh. :(

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Mack2342 I'm sorry about the BFN. I have no words, so *hugs*

dpjennifer That makes sense, I can completely understand the crappy feeling of seeing them back TFAS after seeing them the first time around. I hope that your vacation is awesome and you're able to relax and soak up the time with your DH.
  • AW my puppy for a second. This was an old boppy pillow. Hoping to use it for a baby but a puppy is 2nd best.

• @ELeighMay - yes you can see her in a few spots. When the scene starts where the kids are giving gifts to the teacher my sister gives a snow globe and the teacher says 'Thank you Heather' heheh, (her 2 second claim to fame). All of the kids in the classroom except for the 3 stars were friends of ours so it's always cool to watch. 

@vlagrl29 - she's not anymore but she was when she only 'suspected' she was pg, which was at 6+weeks. She said she wasn't keeping track and I totally understand the initial disbelief early on but c'mon!! Just makes me mad. 

@tosh24 sorry you had to hear the news as well. 

@Mack2342 nooooo, not the flip flops!! I hate giving up the flip flops!
  • 40momma *runs home to watch the movie again* Seriously, that's so fun! I would make my family watch that on an annual basis. 
    As for your drinking friend, that's infuriating. How can women do that and be ok with it? When you know, you know. And if you suspect that you are it doesn't give you permission to act stupid just because you haven't POAS. ugh.
  • You ladies are too fast! I always get in on the updates too late and there is so much to catch up on!

for now, for me...

1. Introduce Yourself. Hi. not new. TTC over a year. MC end of March. 

2. Status? About 7 dpo. 

3. R/R - September has been crazy. I have visitors for 4 weeks, lots of work meetings, conferences and events. It's hard to get anything done. Rant- it's almost fall! I LOVE fall and I get to spend the start of it with my parents while why visit me  :)

4. FALL, I LOVE FALL. The changing leaves, the crisp air. I'm so excited. Oh and Thanksgiving- who can't love a holiday focused on food. I can't wait! I do miss all the summer BBQs- but fall- I can't wait! 

Ok I'll have to catch up with everyone else soon! 

• 1. Introduce Yourself  Fairly newish. MC in end of July/beginning of August. 

2. Status? WTO CD10 during my first official cycle post loss. 

3. R/R Hoping that I'm gearing up to O in the next few days! I'm just temping and not doing OPKs, so hopefully DH and I can get the timing right. 

Rave - the rain has finally returned, and I'm so happy it's finally here so that there wildfires can all die down. 

4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall?  I don't really like summer, so I'm happy to have it end. I hate the heat, and am ready for it to get cooler. I'm really excited for all the fall things though - fall baking, apples, pumpkins, thanksgiving... all of it! 

@katie121209 ugh sorry about the pg announcement. Those are rough.

@leahcimmichael yay for CH! Hope you get your BFP next week!

@vlagrl29 sorry about losing your student! I'm the same with not liking the heat. Here in OR, though, once the fall comes, a lot of the stuff gets greener, since we haven't had rain for months and things have died a bit. 

@ELeighMay the struggle with feeling optimistic is definitely real. I always feel like it could happen, which doesn't help when it then doesn't... also, yes to being over getting up in the dark. That's my least favorite part of the seasons changing. 

@40momma sorry about your friend. I get so upset when people are pg or suspect it and don't take proper care of themselves, so I'd have a hard time with that one too. 

@sprkls8506 love the fall baking too! What stuff do you like to bake? 

@tosh24 that's annoying that your friend sent her DH to tell you. I get that she may not have wanted to upset you, but she should have at least told you herself. 

@dpjennifer I'm sorry about the TFAS board. It must be rough to see people come back, so hugs to you. I also hate the winter coats because they're great for if you're outside for a while, but then as soon as you get inside or are on a bus, for example, I get super sweaty and overheated. You can't win! 

@Mack2342  sorry about the BFN, but maybe it's just too early. Fingers crossed for you!

@jchpg  yes to thanksgiving! Give me all the thanksgiving food and I'm happy! 
  • DH and I saw the movie IT this afternoon. So scary!!
  • 1. Been here since beginning of June
    2. Status? I've been benched for the past month due to my under active thyroid. My endocrinologist gave me a higher dose of meds for the past few weeks, took blood test on Thursday and I get my results tomorrow morning to see if it looks good or if my meds needs to be tweaked again. Crossing my fingers that everything will be good so we can get back to TTC!!
    3. R/R - I feel so run down, dealing with all this post-hurricane irma stress.
    4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall? - seasons, hah, what are those?! I wish!! I hate summer in south florida, it's soooo hot and mosquito-infested. I look forward to when hurricane season is over!
  • 1. Newish - been here since July 
    2. Benched - waiting on polyp surgery at the beginning of October 
    3. Overall, I'm feeling much more like myself which is great. However, a friend of mine (who ironically had a miscarriage at the exact same time as me) is talking about trying again. I'm feeling insanely jealous because she'll be able to try before me and likely be pregnant before me. She got pregnant really quickly last time and it took me a really long time....and I feel crazy for feeling jealous already! 
    4. I'm just looking forward to Fall in general! I love everything about fall! 
  • @vlagrl29 I'm debating seeing the movie since the book was so good....but @40momma that is AWESOME about A Christmas Story!  :)

I'm so, so sorry for those here dealing with PG announcements. A girl in my HS class on FB I swear posts something now multiple times a day, like it's some miracle she's pregnant at our age. I'm happy for her and all, but considering unfriending due to the multiple posts...

2. WTO. AF taking foooooreeevver. Good thing DH and I were working all weekend as well as during the week. Maybe tonight for fun, but towards next weekend we'll both be home and get some good time in...
    3. Meh. Sent mail to my dad trying to get him to pull the lever on going to Slovakia/Prague with me next spring  ;)
    4. I'm not a summer girl. BRING IT, FALL!!!!  :):):)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka I never read the book. The movie is legit scary. There will be a 2nd movie I heard.
  • 1. Newish, I had a d&e August 4th after seeing/hearing no heartbeat at our 16week appointment.

2.  First cycle after MC, and NTNP right now. Still doing lots of healing emotionally now and don't feel like putting the stress of TTC on me right now

3.  This week has been like an emotional rollercoaster for me. DH & I have been fighting a ton, and my close friend *TW* just told me she is pregnant, and we were trying to get pregnant at the same time...I would have been just a little bit ahead of her if I didn't have my MC. Also, my hospital is putting on a memorial service for all the babies they have cremated over the past year. It's next week, and I'm debating on going or not. I don't know if I can handle going (emotionally), but I don't want to regret not going. *end TW*

4. GTKY. As the seasons are changing what are you going to miss most about Summer? What are you looking forward to most about Fall?  I will miss being able to play outside every day. I'm looking forward to sweater weather though, using my fireplace, and pumpkins. Also, hot alcoholic drinks as long as I'm not pg :)
  • @katie121209 Wow! I'm so impressed that you were able to stick around after your friend dropped that bomb on you! I would've been like "I gotta bounce, cause the hateful and jealous is about to come out and I don't want anyone to see that." 

@vlagrl29 I knew you were a musician, but didn't realize you played violin. One of my good friends plays and used to give private lessons, but I think the stress of student turn-over and having to recruit new students got to her. So I'm glad you're getting a new one to replace the one who is leaving! 

@40momma I hate it when other people take their pregnancies for granted by drinking. There's a naivety to that you lose when you have a loss. We know things don't always turn out fine, but other people just...dont

@sprkls8506 Lots of rain means big fat pumpkins for picking later!!!  :D I love a rainy day, but too many in a row can be a downer. 

@tosh24  Less than 100 days til Christmas. I'm not ready!!!
    Babies born around your EDD are extra painful. Sorry about that announcement. 

@dpjennifer I tried being active on the TTGP board, but it was just too much! The IF posts I found to be really informative, but the "2nd cycle TTC this takes forever" posts were a little off-putting. I know everyone's journey is their own, but I definitely relate more to the ladies who have had hardship in their struggle to conceive. 

@Mack2342  Flip flops! How could I forget to mention those! There's nothing like being able to slide those on and let your feet breathe! 

@jchpg This post fills up quick on Mondays, doesn't it? I've noticed the group is pretty yurt most weekends, so we must have a lot of people who Bump at work  :D And Thanksgiving is the best! I try to cook a turkey with all the trimmings a few times a year, because I have no idea why we limit ourselves to that deliciousness just at the holidays?! Stuffing tastes JUST as amazing in June!!!

@pumpkinpancake Getting the timing right with just temping can be tricky. Are you also tracking CM too? There is a pretty fun documentary called "The Great Sperm Race" that really helped me to understand the timing of BD and all the obstacles those little guys have to overcome. 

@JelloBean1 Did you have a lot of damage from Irma? I can't imagine living through a storm like that! I'd want hurricane season to be over too!! Hopefully, your doc puts you back in the TTC game soon!

@mrsjcrane You aren't crazy. Youre still waiting for a surgery and meanwhile she's ready to start again. That would make me feel anxious. Of course just because she got KU easily before doesn't mean she will again. I got a BFP on only my 2nd cycle with my MC, then it took me 7 months to get a BFP with my CP. The reality is that which ever one of you gets KU first, it's going to be tough on the other one.  :/

@amberruka Oooh!! Prague is definitely on my bucket list! There's a Groupon out there for it right now and my finger keeps itching to press "buy"!!! I hope he agrees to go! 

• @leahcimmichael - I've been teaching privately for 14 years.  Since I was 22.  My main instrument is viola, but I learned violin in college.  I started teaching at a music store where they recruited the kids for you.  Since 2010 I've been on my own.  I only do it part time.  I teach 1 day a week at my home studio and 1 day a week at my downtown studio.  Currently I have 9 students.  I wouldn't take more than 12 because then I'd have to add on another day.  I make up the difference in the gigs I play - usually 35-40 gigs a year.  Honestly if I wanted to teach full time I could.  I've gotten to where I can pick them up pretty easy with the places I advertise.  But with a family I don't really want to teach 5 nights a week anymore plus I need my yoga classes lol.  I'd take more home schooled kids though because they have the morn/afternoon free.

@fishee333 - sorry for the hard time you've been having and the fights with DH. 
  • @leahcimmichael yeah, I'm also tracking CM so hoping that's enough.  At this point we're just HIO every day or every other day, so it certainly won't be for lack of trying, if we don't get pg this cycle. I actually watched that documentary when we started TTC, and you're right it was really informative and fun to watch. 
  • @pumpkinpancake EOD BD your timing should be fine no matter what! FX!
  • leahcimmichael I primarily hang out on the IF discussions, the TTCAL discussions, and some of the GTKY type ones. I also LOVE to flame dipshytes. Sometimes it makes my day! People feeling in a rush TTC, especially when they've only been around a few months and especially when they have prior kids makes me incensed. Plus I sorta feel like I have a secret mission to let the world know TTC is not always unicorns and rainbows.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @katie121209 Announcements are always hard. I'm sorry.

@leahcimmichael Hoping this is your BFP after the rough month. I seriously laughed out loud about the weighing enough for winter

@vlagrl29 Your pup is so adorable! Makes me have puppy fever! OMG I want to see IT so bad.

@eleighmay Hope the deep end will produce a positive! I completely agree on killing the mosquitoes! I swear I am like candy to them…

@40momma That would make me mad too. It’s like we’re over here researching vitamins and clean diets and then there are “those people” as I like to call them, that are not cautious, drink, do drugs and end up pregnant. Le sigh. I have a new appreciation for that movie now! So awesome.

@sprkls5806 Are you by chance in the North East? We’re getting the remnants of Jose over here…

@tosh24 That is so uncalled for! If she was a good friend she would know how sensitive that subject is and know that you would want to hear it from her. So either 1. She is a snake and actually did send her husband to tell you, or 2. She is not a smart enough cookie to give her hubs the heads up that it shouldn’t be discussed. Ugh, I’m sorry for you. *TW Child Mentioned* I also have started to resent going the park for this very reason. Seems like everyone is either a complete family/ have a newborn or KU lately.

@dpjennifer YAY Vacation!!! *cues music* it’s the fiiiiinal countdownnnnn (da na na nahhhh, da na nah nah nahhhh)

@mack2342 I already commented on the other string, but sorry for your BFN.

@jchpg Yikes girl, you need a break!

@pumpkinpancake Praying for you guys with the wildfires. My friend is in ND and she said that it’s even smoky there.

@jellobean1 Sorry you are benched (I am too, woof) but hopefully your labs look good today!

@mrsjcrane  It’s definitely hard to hear that your friend is going to start trying again, but you never know with this kind of thing. Unfortunately

@amberruka I just figured out a few months ago that you can stay friends with people but hide their posts. I’ve been using this feature like it’s a part time job with all the PGs :) 

@fishee333 That’s a hard call. It may be healing in some way to be around other people that you know have been through a loss. Then again, it may bring up tough feelings again. I hope whichever you decide is helpful for you.

AFM:

Still benched, waiting on AF this week and then surgery scheduled next week with the new doctor!!! I am so excited but now getting a little nervous about being put fully under anesthesia.
    I think the one thing that I will miss the most about Summer is the prices of fresh fruits and vegetables. I guess it’s back to Fall food, like apples and squash… Anyone else find themselves not loving the pumpkin spice flavored stuff lately? Maybe it’s getting overdone - I don’t know. I do love the cool air and nice colors we get on the trees here in New England. I wish there was a place that Fall was all year! 

• Sorry...but late to the game this week

@leahcimmichael I love puzzles. Who knew there were competitions?! 

@vlagrl29 yay for O day! 

@ELeighMay I still get my hopes up too. Even though it's been 2 years. It's like natures sick way of still getting us to procreate. 

@40momma I feel guilty being inside when it's nice too. I can't believe you and your sister were in A Christmas story!! I love that movie so much!

@tosh24 ugh. Sorry for the surprise announcement. That just totally sucks. 

@dpjennifer where are you going on vacation (sorry if you've already mentioned it)?

@Mack2342 sorry for the BFN :(

2. WTO CD7

3. Rant. My niece's mom is having her third baby and I had to go to Target and buy her gift. It totally sucked. I asked DH to go with me and treated myself to yummy coffee. It was harder than I thought. I just wish someday that I could buy my own baby cute things. 

4. I love summer. I love the heat, the sun, beaches, pools, and camping. I'm always sad to see it go. But there is something exciting about fall and getting all cozy and snuggled in before winter. I just wish I didn't have to work and get out in the crappy snow every day for months on end. Plus I am a Christmas freak so I'm always excited for fall to roll around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dpjennifer Bless you! That's s tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! 

@msstephanielynn Yea. I haven't been on the pumpkin spice train this season either. Maybe it's still not cold enough outside yet. Or maybe, like a great song on top 40 radio, corporate America overdid it and now it's dead. 
  • @pumpkinpancake I love baking cupcakes and decorating for Halloween. Also love apple pies and muffins. Always open for new ideas tho!!! 

@msstephanielynn yep we are supposed to get rain and wind tomorrow!!! I mean totally gross week but weekend looks good-too bad it's only Tues!!!

• MooFish2364 I hear you on the baby gift shopping. The baby section at Target is a killer regardless of whether or not you actually NEED to wander through the section. It's HUGE and reaches every corner of the center of the store (for obvious reasons, you can't avoid the damn thing). I love to "Target" but I resent the fact that they even carry tiny pink dresses and their matching gut-wrenchingly adorable tiny coats lately. However, I do love that Starbucks takes up the entire front of our store and smells amazeballs when you walk in the door. They had me at Venti. *swoon