February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 9/17

Re: Randoms 9/17

• Options
    Yeah, OPs can request an entire thread be deleted, and BGs are more than happy to oblige if it means hiding how "mean" we are.

In other news, our dog who is missing a back paw started dragging that leg last evening, like he can't hold it up anymore (he usually holds it up as he uses the other as a spring, and then uses the stump to walk slowly when he gets tired). So that means a trip to the vet tonight. I hope it's just a sore muscle or sprain and not something requiring surgery!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface aww I hope he's okay! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @eggplantface Hope he's okay. Keep us updated. Our older dog gave us a scare last week and required a couple day stay in the doggie hospital. 
  • Options
    *Stuck in box and I don't even know where it came from!*

@eggplantface thinking of you and your pup.  I hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    @eggplantface Awww! I hope he's ok! Poor puppy!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @eggplantface hope your Pup is okay! Thinking of you guys!
  • Options
    @eggplantface Hope your fur baby is okay! 
  • Options
    I hope your fur baby is ok @eggplantface
  • Options
    They probably deleted that thread because of the OPs personal information being on it. And OP not being smart enough to remove it.
    OP actually edited her post and removed the ultrasound picture. She said something like "geeze I was just excited" in her replacement post 
  • Options
    They probably deleted that thread because of the OPs personal information being on it. And OP not being smart enough to remove it.
    OP actually edited her post and removed the ultrasound picture. She said something like "geeze I was just excited" in her replacement post 
    Sigh. And why she thought internet strangers she has never talked to would be just excited always baffles me. 
  • Options
    Maybe she posted all her info so we could easily find her to assist us with her amazing talents. 
  • Options
    Damnit! I miss all the good stuff 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 remember back in the day when the bump/nest/knot was REALLY mean and people were less Internet-aware and people would find out where other people lived/worked and called peoples bosses to tell them how much time people were spending online at work? Or on the knot people would cancel other people's cake orders and all other kinds of crazy shit? There was a lot of drama in the old days
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @TattoosandLace That's a cute idea!  
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    @SarahFoley725 remember back in the day when the bump/nest/knot was REALLY mean and people were less Internet-aware and people would find out where other people lived/worked and called peoples bosses to tell them how much time people were spending online at work? Or on the knot people would cancel other people's cake orders and all other kinds of crazy shit? There was a lot of drama in the old days
    Ugh, that sounds terrifying! 
  • Options
    Cancelling people's Calle orders and calling bosses? That is some crazy stuff. Who even had time to do that?

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Ugh, that sounds terrifying! 
    I didn't see any of that when I joined! There was more snark than now but I think the new admins or whatever had already cracked down. I joined like August or September 2015 I think, but I've heard it used to be really bad. @sabriel1 people be crazy. 
  • Options
    Possible tw*****

Yesterday a friend of mine lost his 3yr old due to cancer. I'm completely heartbroken for them but have no clue what to say. I can't even begin to imagine what that pain feels like but I would like for them to know I'm here even though they are on the other side of the country. Any thoughts other than I send my condolences?
  • Options
    @gymmonkey95 I'm so sorry to hear that, that is so scary and sad. I'd suggest a card and hand-write that you're there for support and whatever help they need.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @gymonkey95 That is heartbreaking!

I agree with @eggplantface about the handwritten note. Maybe you could also donate to a cancer research organization? It seems a lot of people are doing donations in lieu of flowers.
  • Options
    @gymmonkey95 I'm so sorry! Yes a handwritten note and just letting them know you're there if they need you is perfect. I second the cancer research donation. Maybe to Saint Judes?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    I'm trying to put my signature in the spoiler box but it's not working! I tried selecting everything from the top down & it puts the spoiler at the end with blank space but leaves my signature visible. Tried selecting from the bottom up and it doesn't do anything at all. I can select each line & do a spoiler but that's stupid. What the friggin hell????

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Had my 16 week appt yesterday (even though 19 weeks tomorrow) because Hurricane Irma pushed everything back. So really- almost seven weeks between visits- and my midwife casually drops "you've gained five pounds since the last visit". Bitch, that was 7 weeks ago! I don't think she meant anything by it, but dang. Stung for a minute.  

A. That's not a lot. 
    B. Hurricane snacks. Someone had to eat them. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Options
    msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited September 2017
    @gymmonkey95 yes a handwritten note is appreciated. You can't even write,"there are no words. " ***TW when my son passed unexpectedly it was nice to hear friends were thinking of us - all of that love and support really helped to carry us end TW***
    Yes a donation for St Jude's or another cancer research organization in the child or family's name would also be thoughtful. 
    ETA - darn auto correct 
  • Options
    @eggplantface I hope your pup is alright! 

So, I decided that we could find out the sex if DH got time off work to go to the scan. So the sex was in an envelope at a friend's getting made into a colored cake. We usually don't do things like that, but neighbor friend was so excited to offer to make one. "It's the third baby, so gotta do something to make it more special." She says. We should get to cut it tonight unless DH has to bale hay. 
    I'm so excited for you guys to find out! 
  • Options
    Made it into the name spelling thread literally seconds before it got shut down. What a peach. 
  • Options
    I fall asleep for 3 hours to wake up to name spelling thread shut down! I wanted to practice my gif game lol. 

@gymmonkey95 so sorry for your friend. Hand writren cards are underrated in general nowadays so it'd be a proper time to offer support that way. 

@mrsgunsta aww hugs on the nurse... good bedside manner, please! 
  • Options
    I just read through the spelling name thread. I wish I could have seen what the OP called all you nice ladies! From context clues it was most likely profanity. I personally love the snark most of you bring! Also, if I could GIF, I may participate more with the snark. Thanks for the good read this morning!
  • Options
    @eggplantface I so missed what she said. I always miss the violations!

And yay for your dog! So glad he's ok! 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @eggplantface Yay! We're those types of dog parents too. Our older dog just cost us a fortune, but her stinky little face is worth it. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 I am the MOST excited for this, but I still cannot. feel. this. baby. 

• Options
    clc515clc515 member
    edited September 2017
    @eggplantface Yay for your dog! What a relief :) 

@SarahFoley725  and @ash0625 I'm at 21 weeks tomorrow and yeah I only really felt the baby when the sonogram lady was pressing that thingie on my tummy HARD. Placenta is in the front, plus I have extra padding, so I think it'll be a bit til I feel him more regularly!

So today feels like a gif kinda day, starting w/ the awesome gif party! So I think I may go on a gif spree, cuz why not! (edited to gif hahaha)

• Options
    @ash0625 are you a FTM? I didn't feel my first until almost 22 weeks.  I'm a STM now and although I've had here-and-there movement for a few weeks, I didn't start having consistent (i.e., noticeable daily) movement until this week (19 weeks).  I know it's frustrating, but the movement will come before you know it!!