December 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 9/14

2»

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 9/14

• Options
    @stella_700 @djd0404 add me to the black cat club! My little guy is named Guinness, my friend rescued him and his two brothers. That would make me cry too.
  • Options
    I have three black cats! I'm so glad you ladies have some too, they tend to be left in shelters forever  :(
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stella_700 @balletnerd @ktcakes87 Should we have a pet-photo sharing thread? Or is this too public a forum for that kind of potentially identifying information? I'm on the fence...
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @djd0404 He's pretty freakin' awesome. This is true.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @djd0404 I vote yes!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @djd0404 I vote yes too!
  • Options
    djd0404 said:
    @stella_700 @balletnerd @ktcakes87 Should we have a pet-photo sharing thread? Or is this too public a forum for that kind of potentially identifying information? I'm on the fence...
    I was just going to post this. On my last board (and others I've seen) it was common to have a Furbabies post; I just forgot about it this time. I'm much more likely to post a pic of my dog or cat than of me, my DH, or DD. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @djd0404 I vote yes! I am super proud of all my furry babies and would LOVE to show them off! 

I had a black cat growing up and she was just the best! My mom and sister both have black cats right now and it's so funny how they're so similar in personality to the cat we had growing up, and so different from my two tabbys! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kyrwyn said:
    DH snuck into my phone to find my boss's email address. Then wrote my boss an email, asking if I could have today off so we could spend some time together before the baby shower this weekend. Neither said anything to me. This morning, DH offered to drive me to work... then never got going. Right about the time I was getting super annoyed (I have stuff to do!) he told me about the secret day off plan.  And now I'm happy-crying.

Update: And my sister (who lives in Texas) just walked in my front door.  <3  
    Yep he wins! So sweet! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went to the OB emergency tonight because I was having pain behind my knee and my OB said I should go get it checked. I went straight from work I haven't shaved my legs in a few weeks and my flats got wet from rain today so they made my socks smell and I end up getting a nurse that I went to school with and was childhood friends with. So embarrassing... I got an ultrasound on my leg and it's fine no blood clots. Baby is great. I just feel so paranoid about everything especially being high risk. Now I'm home in bed and just want to cry :( hopefully tomorrow is a better day. 
  • Options
    @kersey0208 Aw! Internet hugs! Glad no blood clot, sorry the day was cruddy. Hopefully you'll look back and laugh at this soon! 
  • Options
    @kersey0208 That sounds like a real shit day, internet hugs from me, as well. Very glad there was no clot. <3 
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kersey0208  i'm SO glad there wasn't a clot. if the pain gets worse, don't hesitate to ask for another scan in a week or two. blood clots are no joke (speaking from experience here - i ended up with a massive DVT last pregnancy after being blown off by my doc several times and eventually taking myself to the ER)

also, i'm very proud of you for taking it seriously and going to get your scan even if you were not proud of your appearance. a little embarrassment is worth it. so many hugs from me. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kersey0208 *creepy internet hugs* I completely understand what you mean about being paranoid about everything being high risk. But I completely commend you for doing the right thing even knowing that embarrassment was possible. Super glad there were no clots! FX for a smoother final tri! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I started crying last night at Rosh Hashanah dinner because my sister (who's been staying with us the last few days) said my dog was stupid, annoying, and poorly trained. Leeloo's a super active 4 year old lab who we adopted when she was 2 years old, so training her's been a challenge, but she's really not that bad and she's super sweet and loving (her love just involves sprawling her 65 lb body across your lap). Later when we got in the car to go home, my sister started crying and said she felt terrible about what she'd said and recognized that it was really insensitive and apologized profusely, so then I started crying all over again.
  • Options
    @brittyclem @djd0404 @anewadventure @txmomma16 thanks ladies!! It was like when my mom used to joke about not wearing granny panties Incase get in a car accident lol. At this point I'm almost past the modesty and starting to get rid of the shame and wanting to apologize for not being on top of the up keep. Pregnancy is hard! I'm so glad it wasn't a blood clot and going to keep a close eye on it. 
  • Options
    I tried to watch Beethoven, but I had to skip the scenes where the doctor is mean and they take him to be put down. I was a sobbing mess. Only happy movies from here on out. 
  • Options
    The dress I bought to wear to my baby shower made me look like a potato. I guess my shape had changed a little since I tried it on a week or two ago.  I had to borrow a cardigan from my mom to try and cover up the back rolls which in turn made me sweaty because it is hellfire degrees outside. I barely gained any weight through two trimesters and naively thought I would avoid drudging up my self-esteem issues but OH BOY I GUESS I WAS WRONG!   :D:D:(:'(
  • Options
    @elcd458 *offers sympathy hugs* I'm so sorry.  That's a big day to also have body-image issues flaring up.  I couldn't even find a dress that made me feel like anything better than a beached whale in a tutu so I wore yoga pants and a nice top and nobody dared to comment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @elcd458 @kyrwyn I've found that all maternity dresses make me look ridiculous at this point. I don't know what degree of photoshopping they're doing to the models (or they're not actually pregnant, just wearing a fake belly so they have no swelling elsewhere), but man do I not look anything like them in the exact same dresses. Even DH tries so hard to be nice about it, but you can see on his face he's thinking "wtf?" So lame. Black leggings and pretty boots are about as fancy as this mama gets at this point.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @djd0404 Right? Like I waited SO long to have a visible bump, and was so excited, not realizing that meant it would pull the fabric forward against my back to reveal these bodacious love handles (that STICK OUT FARTHER THAN MY BUTT CHEEKS?!!!) I somehow never realized I had before.  Le sigh.
  • Options
    Guys...I cried this weekend because my alma mater (NC State) bear Florida State at Florida for the first time since 2005...seriously. The announcer said "Light up the bell tower red tonight" and I burst into tears. DH just looked at me like I was crazy. Probably because I am
  • Options
    DH put together Victor's bassinet and had to tuck it in the very unfinished nursery because every time I see it in the bedroom I cry and it freaks him out lol.
  • Options
    @elcd458 @djd0404 I totally understand! My shower is Saturday and I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. I went to a fancy dinner on Friday and I was able to squeeze into a stretchy dress that I wore pre-pregnacy. I'd like something more colorful so I'm going to look for something similar in regular sizes. 
  • Options
    Sobbing but alligator tears watching this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0xz4cx6IY
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Found out that SO wont be able to take anytime off after baby is here. He only has enough time to use for the hospital. I was really looking forward to us having a week to ourselves as new parents but now it'll just be my mom and i with a newborn during the day and trying to function to help SO out at night :-(
  • Options
    @elvenchick92686 That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    @elvenchick92686
    I'm in the same boat. DHs work would actually be fine with him taking a whole week off... the problem is that we can't afford it.
    I've been a sobbing mess over it lately. We spent so much money moving across the country this summer. We just don't have the extra cash that we used to, to cover the pay loss of him taking time off in addition to me no longer working.
    I'm lucky my scheduled c-section happens to be set for a Friday, so he will only be missing Friday and Monday rather than a whole 4 days... if we can somehow scrape up some extra money between now and then he might be able to take off Tuesday as well..but we will see.
  • Options
    @eazybreezy225 we are in the same boat. His work cant afford for him to be off at all since he pulls the biggest numbers but they would have survived. We just couldn't afford it either. I have so many issues with this pregnancy i cant work but part time and we are so behind. We are going to try to schedule our induction on a friday so he can have friday- Tuesday and go back Wednesday but well see :-/ i have a bad/strong gut feeling she is going to surprise us and come earlier than our plan induction week :-/ eveeytime i think about it i got upset. We lost two pregnancies prior to this so i just wanted one happy thing to go right with baby girl and once again its going south. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @elvenchick92686 I'm right there with you. DH has 3 sick days available but no vacation and isn't eligible for FMLA yet. I'm so upset and scared now. Hopefully labor will come on a convenient day that lines up his 3 days before/after a weekend. 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @elvenchick92686 @ktcakes87 @eazybreezy225 DH has some time off this time (one week vacay saved up) but when DD was born, he didn't. He was with us in the hospital, and we got discharged on a Friday so we had the weekend. We have no family nearby and I had a c-section. And it was fine. Not ideal, but fine. In the beginning, it's all eating, sleeping, diapers, and baby snuggles.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 that is good to know :-( i am super thankful that my mom will be here at least!!!! I know i would survive anyway but still terrifying :-/. I guess if i had more of schedule then it would be better but all doctor keeps telling me is inducing around 38 weeks :-/ me being a planner has not been sitting well with me either. If Our son had survived and home id be less hormonal about it and know what to expect but considering that happened and now actually getting to bring her home i am just at a loss. :-( 
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited September 2017
    So, there's a real (and getting realer every day) chance that my startup won't be here for me to come back to after maternity leave.  We just had an impromptu employee meeting, where the 6 of us from the "early days" talked about exit strategies and what to expect, sans management.  I'm really sad that I may not be able to come back to this team after LO gets here, and now also super anxious about whether I'll even have coverage on this medical plan until he gets here. (Because switching at the very end of the year to my husband's high deductible, shittier coverage plan would screw us over for my GD meds and L&D).  The thought of trying to file COBRA paperwork while hugely pregnant brought on an ugly cry.
    Pregnancy Ticker