January 2018 Moms

Questions for STM+ 9/13

13»

Re: Questions for STM+ 9/13

• @mudge85 that's what i've always done with hand-me-downs: fabric safe colored sharpie and a dot on the tag that corresponds with whatever color I've assigned to the kind person lending me clothes. Interested to hear if anyone else has a better system!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @Mudge85 also did the dot on the tag (or by the words on tagless) but only had one friend offer this to me so as my DS grew out of the clothes I'd keep them in separate storage to return to her! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mudge85 maybe just lay them out and take a pic instead?
  • So I had to take the glucose tolerance test at 18 weeks (yay old and overweight combo) and passed with a 118. I know that is in the normal range, but I have to take it again coming up and am nervous that it was too close to the 130 cut off and I'll fail this next one. Anyone with experience on this?

I only had to do it once with DD and was fine, so I have nothing to base this off...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 just remember that the one hour is only screening and NOT diagnostic.  I truly failed the one hour so badly with DS2 (I can't remember but I think it was a 142 or a 148) and I ended up passing the three hour with no problem.  Just try not to stress!  Ultimately if you have GD you do want to know.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl thanks for that. You're right...just the mama guilt that if I do have it (or develop it) I should have been healthier pre pregnancy for this baby. Fingers crossed all goes well. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 exactly what @supercoolstephy said, there is nothing you could so prepregnancy to prevent this. I have US and I would consider myself pretty healthy, unfortunately our bodies work in strange ways sometimes.
  • Does anyone have recommendations on books for introducing baby to their sibling(s)? DD will be 3 in November, and is a total Momma's girl. I am worried about jealousy when the baby arrives.
  • @lmmjd Are you looking for books for you or for DD?

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @missblaze  I guess either. I was thinking me, as in what to do, but if you have recommendations for DD, that would awesome, too!
  • @missblaze I will have to look into the class.  Thank you for the book recommendations for DD! She loves reading, so I am sure she will love them.
  • @lmmjd My DD will be 3 in November.... her favorites right now are "Hello in there" and "I'm a big sister". Also Daniel Tiger season 2 has a few episodes about a new baby. One when Daniel finds out he is going to be a big brother, one when the baby comes, and one about how things are different with a baby in the house. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 we have all the Daniel Tiger episodes recorded on the DVR, I've been putting the new baby episodes on. DS still doesn't get it, but I didn't figure he would, he's only 22 months.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 Yay for November girls! I will have to check those out. She loves the idea of being a big sister, but I think when LO comes, her tune will change.
  • I have a question for any STM+ mom who have also bought a house before. How long would you say after giving birth you would have been up to looking for, buying, packing, and moving into a new house? Since i've never given birth or bought a house, i'm kinda going into this blind. I was thinking maybe start looking for a house in December or January, and if we find one and go into escrow that gives us a few months to have the baby (EDD is Jan 17th) and recover, then pack and move by around March...Would that make sense? I know it could take us months to find a house, but if we start in December and by some miracle find one right away, we could be moving by March and i just want to make sure i'll realistically be up to it by then. I'm hearing estimates of 5-6 weeks before i'm feeling back to normal after birth. Any thoughts?
  • mauera07mauera07 member
    edited September 2017
    @gilsam1 To me 5-6 weeks sounds optimistic. But every recovery will be different. Some people take longer than others. I would say it would depend on the level of help you'll be able to get.  If you have someone reliable that can help watch the baby and help pack and move that might be way more realistic. I would also start packing things you don't use often before the baby is born. Moving is the worst.

ETA: I had an episiotomy that took forever to heal and made lots of everyday activities slightly more difficult.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gilsam1 I had a csection and felt decently like normal around 6-8 weeks. We moved when I was about 12 weeks pp and I was fine moving, we did hire movers but that was because I was not about to deal with moving doing out narrow stairs in our apartment. Best money I ever spent. Anyway. What I found more difficult was keeping a 3 month old entertained while trying to pack than the actual moving part. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gilsam1 With my DS, we were in an apartment and our lease was up just after he was born. Renewing wasn't an option for us unfortunately, so I had to pack and move 2 weeks post partum. (DS came early so I didn't have time to pack the house before he came). Sadly I'm in the exact same situation this time around too. My due date is Jan 19 and my lease is up Jan 31. It's gonna be rough, but I'm in the mind set that I did it before and can do it again. It was rough, but not impossible. I didn't do much lifting and left most work to DH and friends. I had a vaginal birth, so I didn't have the pain of a C-section to deal with. It was just sore to do so much moving, but I wouldn't say painful or horrible. I mean I'd give yourself at least 2 months if possible, but it's honestly doable to move sooner. Just not ideal. 
  • @steph30032 @cyanope @supercoolstephy @maueraa07 Thanks guys, i appreciate the info and feedback! March 1st would put us at a little over 2 months or 8 weeks (assuming baby comes near the EDD), so i think i'll shoot for around the time. Thanks!
  • @gilsam1 same situation as you. Our lease is up end of March, but we want time to move into a new apartment since it'll mostly just be me doing the packing so our hope is to move into a new place beginning of March. Not looking forward to moving with a newborn, but oh well! 
  • @schaze @gilsam1 We are moving across the country back to California, just as soon as I'm able to  :# also depending on when baby comes and if I have a repeat c section
  • I can't remember, is this a bi weekly or weekly thread? 
  • @madcouplewithabox biweekly 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014