Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing and Treatment - week of 9/11

Re: IF Testing and Treatment - week of 9/11

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby whoa what the actual fuck!!! I'm glad you left. Wow
    I just hope you don't let her and what she's said bring you down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I was only on 225 follistim and 1 menopur per day the entire stim cycle. I have a pretty high AMH though, so I think they were more worried I'd get OHSS
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby, I've known I have had this for almost 3 years now and I STILL think that when read MTHFR. In fact, I'm pretty sure I told DH right after find out that "clearly, I am a bad ass mother f-er!"

@purplg8r exactly. AF is definitely confused and is not coming just to spite me.
  • Options
    @adirat I also have gone through Freedom - and concur with what's been said - great prices, great customer service.

@Avrilmai That's great they're being thorough with everything. There are so many OBs that aren't. GL! 
  • Options
    @laurad75. Yay!  So excited rhings are moving forward for you and your donor!  It's looking like CD1 for me, so I'm pretty excited. :)
  • Options
    **lurking here**
    @suchaglencoco, I know you've gotten some great advice so far about MTHFR, but I'll chime in too. I have two copies of the less serious mutation (forgetting the nucleotide position off the top of my head, but it's in my siggy). Did the doc tell you if you have one copy (heterozygous) or two copies (homozygous) or one of each (compound heterozygous)? The different versions have different abilities to process folic acid into folate. For example, in mine I have around half the normal function. Some doctors will advise to load up on folic acid to make up for it, but there is some evidence that folic acid can bind to the MTHFR protein and inhibit it if it is in vast excess. I've switched over to the Smarty Pants vitamins, and I'm trying to avoid eating too many fortified foods (flour is federally mandated to be enriched with folic acid, so anything other than whole wheat). Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about it!

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @Aurora1973 so sorry about the bfn.  But what is this dip you speak of??
  • Options
    @purplg8r Thanks, LOL.  BFNs blow.  But this dip I speak of is quite delicious and maybe magic.  This is what it looks like (not my image...just jacked it from Google):

httpss3-media2flyelpcdncombphotopkW37HJuGFspLnxdeUCQ2Qojpg

It just has canola oil, garlic, lemon juice, citric acid, and salt in it.  It is yummy!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    I am seriously behind already this week and need to catch up, but I just stopped in to say that @Aurora1973, you just made a trip to TJ's on my way home a mandatory stop. How have I not seen this before!?!? 
  • Options
    @icecubeinthedesert, thank you so much for that info!!! My RE has only mentioned the homozygous aspect, so I'm guessing just that? My last RE seemed more on the "not 100% sure if this affects fertility" camp so she just put me on baby aspirin and folic acid just in case. So we didn't discuss it too much after that and we looked up the symptoms at home and found I ticked off a lot of them. Once I started the pills, we started seeing a difference in my fatigue and a few other things, so I figured I was good to go, haha.
  • Options
    @aurora1974 so sorry about the bfn.  Stupid test.  I never liked that guy anyway.  (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    Ok I need someone to tell me it's ok that most of my follicles are 6mm and they already put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation because one is 12mm...I'm so fearful they won't catch up and I can't do another IVF cycle. Last cycles they put me on cetrotide but they were all around 11 or 12
  • Options
    @leekat14. Not an expert, but I think the main this is to keep the biggest one (s) from going off.  So whether it's 1 that's bigfer than the rest or 6 all equally bigger than the rest, either way, the smaller ones still keep coming up... (((hugs))) I know this is so stressful.  I hope some ither ladies with more experience will chime in too!!!  Have you jumped in on the Sept IVF thread yet???
  • Options
    @Aurora1973 I have a trader joes about 30 mins from me but I've only been once (and dying to go again!). This is totally going on my list.  Besides this & cookie butter, what else do I need to add?
  • Options
    @purplg8r I would add sesame almonds, chimichurri rice (frozen section) dried any fruit, frozen brown rice omg there are so many things I'm forgetting!!!!
  • Options
    @leekat14. Not an expert, but I think the main this is to keep the biggest one (s) from going off.  So whether it's 1 that's bigfer than the rest or 6 all equally bigger than the rest, either way, the smaller ones still keep coming up... (((hugs))) I know this is so stressful.  I hope some ither ladies with more experience will chime in too!!!  Have you jumped in on the Sept IVF thread yet???

stuck in the freaking box

I haven't gone on the IF board yet...too many spots to keep up with on mobile.  I'm hoping these little ones do something because even if they double they are really going to big that big and the cetrotide slows everything down. 

• Options
    purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited September 2017
    @leekat14 I hope the follie check goes well!  And have fun in Boston!

@Aurora1973 ooh!! Those are going on the list too! Ugh!  I'm sorry you're still getting BFNs but no AF. That is a mindfuck!!

more AFM:  just got 2 of the results back from this morning. After starting medication, my thyroid went from 2.7 to 2.9 which is the wrong way!! Tthey're doubling my dosage. And I asked about my progesterone level and it was a 5!  She said it did indicate ovulation.  I said "isn't that low?"  And she said yeah and that they would add progesterone support once we start treatment of an IUI or TI.  Ugh.  I don't want to wait that long!!  And I guess that means I'm out this cycle. Sigh 

eta:words
  • Options
    @Pinky917 well, sh*t, sorry you've had such a run of bad news. hugs

@JuneRoseRuby ugh, so frustrating. sorry for CD1 

@Aurora1973 sorry about the bfn, it seems no matter where we are in this journey there is a little piece of us that still holds out hope for that test to turn.

@purplg8r glad to hear you have been responding to the treatments. 

@leekat14  Enjoy your trip! hope the count went well.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Pinky917 I'm so sorry, girl.  Take some time, process everything, enjoy your time off from treatments and then just get ready to kick ass once you get back into it.  I would also be curious as to why your doc would like to move straight to IVF. Maybe talking to her will make you feel a bit more confident in this decision. We're all here for support  <3
  • Options
    @purplg8r  How many DPO are you at this point again?  8-9ish?  I know my doc has had me start using my suppositories at 5DPO so I'm not sure if it'd be pointless at this point to try?  Can you call and ask about suppositories for this cycle?  I'd imagine that it couldn't hurt!