May 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms week of 9/9

Re: Symptoms week of 9/9

• Options
    This is so gross I almost don't want to post it, but this is why we're here, I guess...

Sort of yellowy very snot-like mucus driiiiipped into toilet when I peed for the four thousandth time today.  Never in my life have I spent so much time discussing what I wipe off of myself with people as this past week.  I'm mostly relieved it's not blood with the spotting that's been going on but is this a normal sort of symptom?  I know the pregnancy discharge can be crazy, I'm just not sure if the color should concern me. 
  • Options
    ccvslp said:
    This is so gross I almost don't want to post it, but this is why we're here, I guess...

Sort of yellowy very snot-like mucus driiiiipped into toilet when I peed for the four thousandth time today.  Never in my life have I spent so much time discussing what I wipe off of myself with people as this past week.  I'm mostly relieved it's not blood with the spotting that's been going on but is this a normal sort of symptom?  I know the pregnancy discharge can be crazy, I'm just not sure if the color should concern me. 
    I'd say normal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ccvslp I believe discolored, so yellow or green, discharge could indicate an infection. You could always call the doctor to see what they think. If it's accompanied by foul odor or itching I would definitely get it checked out.
  • Options
    @ccvslp I have had the same sort of spotting starting today. I'm worried but hoping it's normal 
  • Options
    I say it's normal because the increasing levels of estrogen change the color and consistency of discharge very easily. As long as there's no smell, and you're not itching it will usually clear up on its own within a couple days anyway.
  • Options
    I don't really know if this is a symptom but my boyfriend and I went to a cookout with his family today and I ate a single hotdog with ketchup and that's it. I was so nauseous I didn't even want to go but I made myself eat. All of the sudden I wanted crisp, cold bread and butter pickle chips. I asked if they had any and bf's dad goes, "No. Are you pregnant?" And I was mortified. I haven't told anyone yet so I said no and scurried off trying to look inconspicuous but I don't know how good of a job I did
    Food aversions and cravings are normal right now, and definitely fall into the pregnancy symptom category. ;) 
  • Options
    @allison1derlnd, yes.  That's exactly how I explain it to everyone.  Constant feeling of being hungover.  Super hungry but nauseated at the same time, nothing sounds good.  And just want to go back to sleep LOL
    @ccvslp I would say weird CM could be normal, but with the spotting you're having and frequent urination, a UTI could definitely be the culprit as well.  Keep us updated, fingers crossed for you!

My boobs are still so sore and heavy feeling, and I feel like I need a bigger bra already.  Insane.  Peeing at least twice a night, constant nausea.  Don't make me brush my teeth, please.  Gag reflex is horrible!!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    Like a lot of you, nothing looks appetizing. I don't want to eat anything, but if I don't eat regularly, I'm queasy. It actually seems like a very mild form of morning sickness though (esp after reading your story, @BritJonathan :s ), but I still want to just crawl in a ball and sleep all day. I dread eating (since everything looks awful), but it's the only thing that makes me feel better   

But glad I'm not alone. Queasiness loves company  :#
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    My first symptom in my last pregnancy was painful boobs, like don't even look at them they hurt so bad. I figured that would be the same this time but nada. Up until today that is. Still pretty mild but I can tell that it's in its way. Was running on the treadmill this morning and could feel ever ysingle boob bounce 10 fold.
  • Options
    My boobs dont really hurt, but they are tender and feel heavy, and super sensitive (TMI but DH said he found he's new "on" button lol) I had a few waves of nausea Friday afternoon, so far nothing that some breathing and concentrating really hard can't keep at bay. Been a little more emotional. I haven't been hungry at all and I get full so fast.
    Heartburn started on Friday and has been like a fire until yesterday afternoon (had a cookout at my parents' and finally something didn't kill me) I have a total aversion to anything really sweet so cookies, cake, ice cream, nothing is a temptation for me. The only exception being orange sherbet which put out the heartburn fire Friday night.
    Now the cravings are starting, I've wanted a cheeseburger with tomato mayo and ketchup for days (getting that for lunch) and all I can think about right now is steak and eggs with a baked potato for dinner (whomever mentioned mashed potatoes on the other thread, this is all your fault lol
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh the vomiting has started today. And now everyone who works near the bathroom at work knows I'm pregnant.
  • Options

I am still queasy, but somehow not as much as I was a week ago, which makes me nervous. I have cramps, especially focused on the right side, which makes me nervous. I have a sore shoulder, which makes me nervous. My nipples are super sensitive/sore, but at least that doesn't make me nervous!

I am a nervous wreck basically and will be until I've had an ultrasound proving this isn't an ectopic. I don't know why my paranoia has focused on that small chance!

• Options
    @ccvslp good luck with your appt today! Will ne thinking of you!!
  • Options
    @ccvslp fingers crossed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ccvslp  So happy you got through to someone who knows what they're doing, and is understanding.  Best of luck at your appointment and keep us updated!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @ccvslp So glad you finally got through to someone!! Fingers crossed & good luck! Keep us updated. 
  • Options
    If the normal HR is 90-110, wouldn't 108 be on the high side?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 That's just what the American pregnancy association says. I haven't met with my OB yet but my old OB said "they like it 120+ at this point." I happened to have my U/S at 6w4d last time as well. I don't know why the information about a healthy range is so varied.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 yeah, that's weird.  Maybe it's better that I'm not getting much info at this point, less to stress about, I guess! 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @rachelg777 Try not to worry, I vaguely remember having this happen to me at my 6 week appointment! HR was in a normal range for the next go-around.

I'm 4w3d so pretty early, but I am feeling tightness/mild cramping right now. Also pretty fatigued and more randy than usual lol.  :#
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @mrsmtothek thanks! I'm hoping that's the case.  :)
  • Options
    Nausea is hitting today. And I'm a mess. I'm on the verge of tears all the time. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I didnt bloat much with any of my previous pregnancies, especially this early but I feel like I gained 20 lbs over night. I'm also hitting nausea pretty early for me. I had a (really dumb) theory my second pregnancy that I had become so used to being tired that first tri fatigue didn't impact me. No, I got lucky second preg. I am soooo tired. 

This isnt preg related but i have the WORST knot between my shoulders. Can I use icy hot when pregnant?!? I probably won't and it's probably fine anyway but I just wanna whine. 
  • Options
    Okay so after saying my queasiness is less it's come back with a vengeance. I'm really nauseated but have been holding back from puking. For with experience with this, is that a good thing or will I feel better if I let it happen??
  • Options
    Not sure if there's a level of tired above what I've hit. I even ordered the wrong thing at lunch today, I'm so out of it! The bloat is still lingering, but doesn't seem quite as bad. General queasiness almost all day, but gets worse when I get hungry. The problem is, like PP said, it's hard to want to eat when I feel sick! Halfway through the first trimester...I already see a tiny speck of light at the end of a long, long tunnel.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been in that "I'm gonna throw up any second" state all day, but the short relief that comes with vomiting hasn't come. Added a third dose of B6/Unisom in the afternoon, hoping that helps.
  • Options
    @thunderberry I usually felt better for a short while once I just let the vomit come out. That being said, don't let yourself get dehydrated.
  • Options
    @molly1108-2 I hear you about the fatigue.  You could ask your doctor to check your thyroid levels if this is an unusual amount of fatigue for you.  Also, I had a lot of shoulder tension last pregnancy too, which I attributed to poor posture at a desk I was using - but I'm getting the same thing this time :-S

• Options
    @rebeccashoke I feel you! I'm feeling serious nausea, but know vomiting. 6w1d. We are headed to NOVA/DC (from CA) next week and I'm nervous about the flight. Paid extra for the direct flight in hopes that the few extra hours saved will be worth it. 
  • Options
    Only symptom I'm having today are these damn headaches. Last time I didn't get them until second tri but they are back with a vengeance. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, the exhaustion at 4-5pm needs to go away. Too late for a nap, too early for bed, smack dab in the most hectic part of my day. 

And the desire to eat everything but can't stomach eating anything. GTFO.