May 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Fitness

ellelepaellelepa member
edited September 2017 in May 2018 Moms
Hi lovely ladies! If you didn't catch my intro- I'm a third time mother. With my first pregnancy I was able to work out quite a bit. It made my delivery and getting back into shape post baby pretty easy. My second pregnancy was a different story. I feel like a lot of working out is having people who are there for you and support you through it. My point- I'd love a group of pregnant ladies who want to stay fit through pregnancy. I'm personally planning on continuing yoga and weight training circuits. If you'd like to join in, please comment and share anything you'd like!

Re: Pregnancy Fitness

• Options
    @lizlep There is a FitMom thread every Friday, feel free to check it out and join in!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    That is my goal this go-around! I was doing really well when I found out we were expecting again, I don't want to let olds habits come back.
    I use my fitness pal, and have been doing Beachbody workouts every day. The workouts have been bumped from before work to after work because of nausea though
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Poppy0419 Totally balance each other out. I'm craving sour sweets. 

@kgj77 I have done beach body in the past too. I think I might do it again. I've been doing Kayla itsnies app on my phone. It's pretty good, but gets repetitive. 

• Options
    @sandbar517 did I miss the thread? 
  • Options
    sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited September 2017
    @ellelepa   It looks like no one started the FitMom Friday thread today, so feel free to start it yourself  :)
    ETA words

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @ellelepa Here's the link to last week's if you need to copy/paste.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12715857/fit-mom-friday#latest

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    I hope to stay fit this time. I did pretty well last time for my second. This time I'm older and so far way more tired!  I'm on a running streak where I run every day. I wanted to get to 365 days in a row. That would put me running every day through mid December. I'm not sure I can make it! I want to try!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I worked out almost every day until I had my first. I even did two miles while in labor the day of. I'm determined to be just as active this time around. I do Orangetheory fitness now- hoping to stick with it as is for at least the first trimester then start modifying as things get more difficult. Fingers crossed I can keep my fitness level at decent place bc it's so hard to get back into things after!!
  • Options
    With my first, I was rock climbing until the end of my first trimester,  and I coached competitive gymnastics 2x a week.   Now I'm teaching gymnastics once a week,  and not climbing,  and not hiking like I did before either.   Adding a toddler to 1st tri is kicking my ass as it is...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I worked out almost every day until I had my first. I even did two miles while in labor the day of. I'm determined to be just as active this time around. I do Orangetheory fitness now- hoping to stick with it as is for at least the first trimester then start modifying as things get more difficult. Fingers crossed I can keep my fitness level at decent place bc it's so hard to get back into things after!!

I haven't tried orange theory, or heard of it. Is it an app?
  • Options
    I'm a pretty avid runner- I was running around 25 miles a week, training for a half, active in my running club.... and then the nausea hit with my BFP and I haven't been running at alllllllll. Did 2 miles yesterday and it was almost the death of me. How do y'all stay active while feeling like crap? I know in the long run I'll feel better and be healthier but it's so much easier to sit on the couch and be miserable right now. I need motivation!
  • Options
    ellelepa said:

It's a studio/method that does small group, high intensity interval training which is focused on achieving certain heart rate target zone. It can get really intense so that's why I know I'll have to bring it down a bit as things progress.
    https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/ 

• Options
    @k5678 I'm a big runner myself. I ran 6 miles the day I had DD. But the exhaustion is making it so hard. I just try to get out and get fresh air. Even if it's just walking a few miles. It all still counts. 

• Options
    @k5678 I just try to take it easy and listen to my body first trimester. Second tri I had some amazing runs and felt great!  I try to do something even if I feel terrible, like walking or yoga if a run just feels like too much. 
  • Options
    Can we talk about eating healthy? I FAIL at this. Like super, majorly fail. I LOVE carbs. Anyone have good recipes? Snacks? Or just want to follow me around and slap snacks out of my hand?
  • Options
    Poppy0419 said:
    Can we talk about eating healthy? I FAIL at this. Like super, majorly fail. I LOVE carbs. Anyone have good recipes? Snacks? Or just want to follow me around and slap snacks out of my hand?
    We have a recipes thread started that I shared a few paleo friendly recipes on. 
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of all you runners, I've never been a runner but wanted to start... Not sure the no energy phase of pregnancy is the time to start though!
  • Options
    @kgj77 I'm redoing couch to 5k right now because I'm so so tired and it's a decently easy work out. I always feel better with more energy after! 

• Options
    @kgj77 I've heard you shouldn't start something new during pregnancy. Maybe after?  I started with a 3 min run/1 min walk interval. It really helped! 

• Options
    @roomsu No you definitely shouldn't start running when you've discovered you're pregnant. Walking is a super underrated exercise though, and it has amazing benefits. 

I started with 3/1 intervals, was progressing into 1/1 intervals, but I'm going to pull myself back to 2/1's for now. 
  • Options
    ellelepaellelepa member
    edited September 2017
    ellelepa said:

It's a studio/method that does small group, high intensity interval training which is focused on achieving certain heart rate target zone. It can get really intense so that's why I know I'll have to bring it down a bit as things progress.
    https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/ 

Sounds very interesting. I wish there was one closer to me! 
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I think that is a great idea!  

• Options
    Yesss @kgj77 don't just up and start something! I reread my comment and exhausted typing isn't working. All I meant was a little goes a long way and you don't have to go run 5 miles to get a workout in. I've modified my usual workout to what I can handle right now. I always feel better after. So even if it's just getting out for a walk in fresh air, it
    helps b

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I was considering doing a couch to 5k, but I'll wait and talk with my doctor about it. I have being doing HIIT workouts for about two months, so I feel like I could do it, but since I've never run before I just don't know!