May 2018 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday

How were your workouts this week?

What modifications, if any?

If you could try a new fitness program this pregnancy what would it be?

GTKY: Why do you workout?

Re: Fit Mom Friday

• Options
    Good! The weather cooperated and it wasn't super hot, so running felt nice.

I definitely slow down my pace a little to what feels more comfortable, like by a 1-2 minutes a mile. Also, I've decided not to do any HIIT workouts but still try to aim for like 20 minutes of strength training the days I run.

I want to join a prenatal yoga class.

I've worked out regularly my whole life so if I don't, I go stir-crazy. It's my "me" time and my stress reliever. 
  • Options
    Hot and sweaty, it's been over 110 here all week. 
    I had to drop a run yesterday. Our treadmill is in our garage and it was 113 outside when I had time to run, so yoga had to do instead. 
    I don't think I would try anything new. I've been doing yoga since January and didn't do it last pregnancy, so I guess that's new?
    For stress relief and to keep my weight in check as much as possible. I have always struggled with weight. I feel more in control of my workouts than my weight.  I may not be thin, but I can run for a long time and that feels good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eh... Sunday run was GREAT! I ran four miles and the timing wasn't too bad. Wednesday run was pretty horrible though. I'm running again tonight so we'll see how that goes. Also thirty squats a day has made me so sore!

I'm giving myself more walk breaks than before, and plan to carry a water bottle with me from now on.

The one where I don't look like a whale by the end of the pregnancy? (I looked like Beyoncé did at the end of her twin's gestation period, and I only baked one.)

It's more of the mental challenge than anything else for me. I had to push myself to be better/stronger at this thing. I'm also lazy though, so it's kind of a half ass effort at best... 
  • Options
    I don't work out per say.  I walk the dog every day and hike as often as I can. If I can get a time that works for my hiking buddy, I plan on doing an easy nearby summit later this month.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    How were your workouts this week? They were actually very good. I was expecting to be out of breath super easy/tired, but I was able to stick to my normal routine this week. 

What modifications, if any? I kept monitoring my heartrate and did not let it get above 175, but other than that I did not have to modify this week. 

If you could try a new fitness program this pregnancy what would it be? I would really like to do yoga, I have very thight muscles and think that would really help. 

GTKY: Why do you workout? I workout because I have family history of heart issues, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  I have had everything testing both when working out and when I was not working out and there is a big difference between the two. So I am trying to help stay healthy as much as possible. Also I do need to lose weight and I do love food, so there is that as well :) Also, it does make me feel better and gives me more energy. 

@rachelg777 I love last summer/early fall running, it is so nice to be outside and not dripping in sweat. 
    @mileswithmyles I love your positivity about how workouts make you feel! 
    @ivyvines6 Good luck on your run tonight. I am always curious why some runs are so good and some just suck.

BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    How were your workouts this week? Really refreshing, running in the gentle rain is so nice and since I've been waking up so early it's nice to be doing something rather than lying in bed for hours.

What modifications, if any?Ive definitely been walking more than running, I only started running again a few weeks ago so I'm definitely worried about working out.

If you could try a new fitness program this pregnancy what would it be?Definitely want to start yoga up again! Might use this to replace my running.

GTKY: Why do you workout? I used to be a gymnast when I was a kid so I'm used to working out 6 days a week, I stopped everything and have been trying to get fit again these last few months and now I'm gonna put on all the weight haha!
  • Options
    How were your workouts this week? Aside from my long run the day before my BFP where I almost vomited, it's been okay. 

What modifications, if any? I slowed down my runs a bit, and cut out the really intense HIIT workouts (insanity, p90X).  Trying to stay in HR cardio zone and not in peak zone, because it seems to be when I'm in peak zone that I get nauseous. 

If you could try a new fitness program this pregnancy what would it be? I'd love to actually learn to swim properly and be able to swim laps, particularly when biking and running gets tough because of balance down the road. 

GTKY: Why do you workout? Because it's my stress relief and it makes me a better person, wife and mom! It gives me more energy overall and helps me sleep better. It also helps me to do things I didn't think I could do. I want to do the best I can for this baby, and myself. In previous pregnancies I feel like I used pregnancy as an excuse to not be active, but my love of exercise really developed after my last baby, and I can't imagine being without it now.

Maybe for future checkins we can add a nutrition goal? I'm trying to stick to 21 day fix at maintenance calories because the tool works for me in terms of making sure I get in enough servings of veggies, fruits and protein and don't resort to processed foods. It's an INSANE amount of containers though! So many vegetables!! Going grocery shopping today to try to meal plan for the week. 

Glad to have some accountability!!
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How were your workouts this week? Decent, didn't feel as great as last week. Definitely need to invest in some more supportive sports bras because running HURT! Any suggestions are welcome. 

What modifications, if any? Had to walk on incline instead of run because my boobs hurt too much. 

If you could try a new fitness program this pregnancy what would it be? Not really looking to try anything new, but would like to focus on squats more than I already do. 

Because my body and mind feel better when I workout. I enjoy weightlifting more than cardio, but do both because they both make me feel good. 
  • Options
    @kpc914 you could double bag the girls?
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I'll give it a try!
  • Options
    I'm on pelvic rest due to intermittent spotting that gets worse with activity. I am an avid biker 50-70 miles a week and I am now told I have to relax the first trimester.  And we have a gym membership that is paid up through January which I can't use. I think I might just try to just the pool.  Would that be considered too much?
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    I'm on pelvic rest due to intermittent spotting that gets worse with activity. I am an avid biker 50-70 miles a week and I am now told I have to relax the first trimester.  And we have a gym membership that is paid up through January which I can't use. I think I might just try to just the pool.  Would that be considered too much?
    The pool is considered low impact, but I'd ask just to be sure. Also, pelvic rest about drove me insane... Like yay I have all these hormones and I'm constantly aroused and horny and I'm literally inable to do anything about it at all. I seriously iced my nether regions at one point because I got so swollen and uncomfortable. Stupid Dr was just like oh I forgot to tell you not to worry about that anymore last month. (Asshole)
  • Options
    @justsuzie Yeah I would ask about swimming! I would think it would be low impact enough...
  • Options
    Ok, could've been a lot better. Hit 3 of the 4 days I wanted to workout this week so far.

None. I don't run because the girls are too big for all that lol

Just started PiYo, so that's new. 

to stay sane, lose weight, and I really actually like the "pain" you get when you push your muscles a little bit more each time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    Good- I'm doing a C25K program for a 5k in November...
    No modifications needed, I'm slow as shit.
    The kind with minimal effort and maximum results?
    In general I like working out, but I do not like running...that being said...I'm still doing this program so I don't get picked up on the slow bus come November.  I decided to do the 5k cause I knew it would help me lose weight faster.