TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/4

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 9/4

• 1) My name is Ashley and I'm new to The Bump:)
    2) CD7 and this will be our first time TTC coming up after our first miscarriage in July-- a little nervous, but trying to be hopeful.
    3) Had a day off today-- read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for a bit and took a little nap. Going camping this weekend which will be a nice break.
    4) Pepperoni or Supreme-- love stuffed crust.
  • @dpjennifer we would be there Fri. Had to move it. Changed it to Nov. I can't deal with the hurricane news. I hope everyone down there stays safe. These hurricanes are just so awful. I can't even begin to imagine. I hope all is clear by the time you go at the end of the month!
  • Loading the player...
  • @OakandMaple12 so sorry for your loss. 
  • @aga31.  I started reading it starts with the egg and then started doing some of my own research.   I've never been told to take anything but prenatals but after doing some research I asked RE about and his response was that's our normal protocol which is what I read about a lot of REs.  So he gave me the doses.  He also said it can't hurt trying natural either.     Kind of irritated me that if normal protocol that it was only told to me after I asked 
  • @OakandMaple12 I'm sorry for your loss
  • Mack2342 Thank you for the links!

MooFish2364 Ugh… bitter hag get together for brownies? HA. Or maybe that’s just AF talking…

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer brownies, hard liquor..ya know whatever. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not new, currently CD19 after my first cycle post 2nd mc. Waiting to hear back from being referred to a recurrent pregnancy loss clinic. Not benched though while I wait so in a bit of an unknown stage right now. 

Rave - Just came back from one of the best getaways this summer. DH and I got away to a little island off the coast of Vancouver where we biked, beached and relaxed. We saw humpback whales from our breakfast table and skinny dipped in the ocean, it was amazing!

Rant - DH is considering a boys trip to Peru for biking. There's 10 of them going and I know he really wants to join. I'm a bit worried about zika as they say partners should wait 6 months to TTC after returning but he feels it's not a big deal as chances are slim

Love love love mushroom and pineapple pizza on a thick crust. I also love spinach, garlic and feta on pizzas. And BBQ chicken pizza. Pretty sure I just love everything on pizza!

@Mack2342 I don't think I'm too far behind you, turning 41 in October

@mrsjcrane I often wonder what our minds are trying to tell us about dreams. I just dreamt I had a third mc (I've had 2) and of course I now think of it as a sign that I'm doomed for another one. 

@pumpkinpancake We've got falling ash up here in Canada as well and smoky skies. So gross

@katie121209 stay safe!

@mackorori - I'm joining you in a few weeks at 41. ugh. 

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) Been around about a month
    2. Status? 2DPO according to FF
    3. R/R? DH and I made up-ish. We had sex three times one and two days before ovulation, so I'm hoping that I can get a BFP. I am still going to counseling for myself and scheduled that appt for Tuesday.
    4. GTKY: When you order a pizza, what are your go-to toppings? bacon and pepperoni

@aga31 Welcome! I am finding myself questioning the universe as well. I swear everywhere I turn people are getting accidentally pregnant with no problems.
  • 40momma Sounds like a great vacay!

GeekBeagle Yay for counselling! It has helped me tremendously with my multiple losses! Also, if you don't like your therapist, please feel free to switch. The first therapist I saw was a total sham and waste of my time and we did not connect at all. The second therapist I saw and am in love with. She totally gets me and my situation and is super helpful!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer Great advice! A lot of people don't get along with one therapist and decide that therapy isn't for them, when really it's just that therapist that wasn't for them. Treat the first session like a job interview for them! 
  • @40momma that sounds like a wonderful vacation and yes we are close in age 

@GeekBeagle glad you two kind of made up at least enough to do the deed. I agree find another counselor if this one isn't a good fit. 
  • @40momma your outdoors adventures sound wonderful! we are going to lassen national park in 2 weeks for backcountry camping and I am suuuper excited about it! I have been traveling in peru in past and you only get mosquitos there in a jungle, most of parts (in andes) reach elevation that mosquitos cannot live at. plus just ask him to use a lot of deet spray and you will be safe.
  • @dpjennifer @leahcimmichael @GeekBeagle I agree, yay for counseling! and I also want to agree that you gotta keep searching for a therapist, as hard as it is, until you find a good fit. Hopefully that'll be right away, but try not to get discouraged until you find someone awesome. Most therapists will give a 30 min free consult over the phone before you meet them in person, so that can be a good way to start. I'm in the therapy world (I'm a child & family therapist) and know that most therapists definitely do NOT take it personally if you want to move onto a different therapist. 
  • @40momma Zika in Peru is limited to lower level Ica, Tumbes and Loreto regions. Slight risk only for elevations below 7500 feet. So if he does the touristy thing (Cusco, Maccu Piccu) those elevations are too high for that. Lima is a bit lower on the coast but wouldn't matter if it was just an airport layover.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • I'm jealous of you guys who have been to Peru! It's a dream of mine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey ladies I saw my OB yesterday for my F/u from my MC ER visit on last Friday. She said there's no reason we can't start trying again right away as long as the HCG has cleared out so I'm waiting on blood work results. I'm also in Florida and with this impending storm everyone is super stressed. Anyone else in Florida? 

Also im a therapist so I totally agree on working to find the right fit. One of the other doctors in our office just mentioned she's starting a MC support group so maybe there are some things like that in your area. 
  • @katie121209 I'm in MI but half of my family is in Daytona. I have my FX that everyone is able to stay safe. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just realized I never did the check in for this week!

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) Newish
    2. Status? 1st cycle after loss. In TWW.
    3. R/R? We spent Labor Day with friends and swimming. One of the ladies is pregnant, about a month behind where I should be. She is already started to show and it hurt to see. And of course all the girls were talking about her pregnancy. So I went and found a pool noodle and floated by myself for awhile. :( But it's almost the weekend! Hopefully it won't be to hot and I can work in the yard. 
    4. GTKY: When you order a pizza, what are your go-to toppings? I love chicken, artichokes, and arugula. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @katie121209 stay safe!

@MooFish2364 where are you at in MI?  I may have asked before but can't remember. I'm from MI but in OH now 
  • @Mack2342 I live in Oakland county. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364. I used to work in Oakland county.  A lot of my friends live in the Birmingham area.  I grew up in Wayne co 
  • Been feeling conflicted mentally lately.  The stress of TTC and loosing an embryo and TTCAL has been a lot on me.  I kind of said the heck with it in june and took a mental break which was awesome!  we still had sex but it wasn't perfectly timed so if it happened great and if not oh well no biggie.  Fast forward to the last couple weeks where I've really been enjoying my life now that DD is back in school.  I'm back on my own schedule with my business and what not.  I feel like I'm in a really great place mentally and I don't want to mess with it.  I've actually been feeling really ok with not being pregnant right now.  I'm crazy right? lol.  the thought has come in my head of not TTC and just enjoy this state of mind for a little bit but I know we aren't getting younger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

*TW*
    Hello ladies.  I'm brand new hopping over from the APR '18 board.  I was going to make an intro post, but I saw this and decided to post here instead. I'm fairly young, mid 20's, but since I'm military I'm trying to have a family when my career lets me. My SO is also military so it is hard TTC with our varying schedules, schools and field exercises. There are many months where I am benched because of it. I just recently suffered my second loss last week at 6+2. My first one was in APR. I have one DD from a past encounter (SA). This baby would have been my first with my SO.  
    *end TW*

2. Status?

I am currently waiting for my cycle to start tracking. 

3. R/R?

You all seem like a lovely and supportive group of ladies.

4. GTKY: When you order a pizza, what are your go-to toppings? 

My favorite pizza is the chicken bacon artichoke one from Papa Murphy's. I will usually swap the chicken with pepperoni. 
  • @mechekitty so sorry for your loss(es). Take the time you need to recover from your loss, and we're here for support. Hope your stay here is short. 
  • @mechekitty sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the group
  • Sorry for your loss @mechekitty
  • @vlagrl29 that's a tough one.  It sounds like you are in a good place mentally right now, and if you are ok with putting TTC on hold, maybe enjoying how things are for a little while right now is what you need.  IDK, it's hard to decide to take a break, but if it was causing you stress and you're happier now, maybe just revisit it in a couple of months?  Whatever you do, just make sure you're happy and comfortable with your decision, I guess.
  • @pumpkinpancake - it can be tricky and change on a weekly basis lol. I think it's mainly fear. I also feel like we could be in a better spot financially but I guess I'll never be ready so to speak and let's face it not younger either. So I think we will stick to the natural ttc route for rest of year
  • @mechekitty I'm sorry for your loss,  but welcome. 
  • @mechekitty Sorry for your loss. 

@vlagrl29 Even though it can change on a weekly basis, I'm glad you are in a better place mentally/emotionally overall :) That's awesome
  • @mechekitty welcome to the group. I'm sorry for your losses.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • 2. Status?
    3 days into my TWW after having a FET

3. R/R? I am currently on bed rest but anxious to get back to normal activities! I was cooped up the past two weeks due to the Hurricane Harvey mess, so I am so done with being inside the house

4. GTKY: When you order a pizza, what are your go-to toppings?  Just beef or just pepperoni. I am dull when it comes to toppings
  • kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited September 2017

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

*TW*
    hello ladies. 
    I am new. I recently had a natural miscarriage about 8 weeks ago at 10 weeks.  It was my first loss. It was heartbreaking and I'm afraid I may be going brought a bit of depression now. I'm just not myself, you know? Like I can't figure out which way is up. Trouble sleeping. Still crying randomly

*end of TW*

I know there are a lot of rules about what to say and not say on this board. I want to apologize in advance if I miss something. I don't want to cause any undo hurt. I just really need somewhere to find community and understanding. I don't feel like I can talk to many people about this IRL. 

2. This is what's confusing me right now. I had my first period 4weeks post MC. I am now 5 days late for my second post MC period, but all the HPT have been negative. What gives?

Has anyone had had an experience like this? Is it just a fluctuation in my cycle from the hormones from the loss? I wish it would just be one or the other. How can it be neither?

3. R/R?

this hurricane has all the gas station lined up and grocery stores picked over. FX for work to close tomorrow. 

4. GTKY: When you order a pizza, what are your go-to toppings? 

veggies on thin crust! Must have the thin crust! I love the crunch over the chewiness of traditional pizza dough. 

• @kbelly777 so sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board. Your feelings are normal.  It took me months to stop crying randomly.  Well I still have moments and my first loss was a little over a year ago and 2nd one was in march.  It's ok to have those feelings.  Take your time to heal.  As far as AF, it's normal for it to be wonky for a couple months.   It may never return to what your normal was pre loss or it might after a few cycles.  It just regulate to a new normal.  

I take it you are in Florida.  Be safe. 
  • @Mack2342 Thank you for taking the time to respond. It helps to know I'm not the only one random crying. I guess I figured I'd feel better by now.

I didn't know my cycle would be off. That makes sense though.
    I've always got my AF like clock work. I guess I just figured that once it did come back, it'd be normal after that.

I'm actually in Alabama. Not far off the projected path of the eye for tomorrow.

My work did just e-mail they they are closing tomorrow. Glad I'll get to be home with my daughters during the storm.

• @kbelly777 so sorry for your loss. Def typical for your cycle to be off. So frustrating!! Mine took about 4 months to get back to what it was. Every month after my MMC my cycle actually got a day or 2 longer. 

Stay safe!
  • @kbelly777 - I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's totes normal to random cry.  It happened to me halfway thru a yoga class.  Also if I thought I saw someone with a pooch but not quite sure if they were pregnant or not I would assume they were and end up bawling in my car.  I'm 9 months out from my loss and I can tell you it does get much better!
  • @kbelly777 glad you are getting day off!  It does get better....cycle and emotions.  This group is amazing and has been very helpful to me.  Hopefully you find the same 
  • kbelly777 The standard thing about cycles is that you're regular until you're not. I had a 59 day cycle once (previous to all my MCs), and was getting negative HPTs. I wish I knew then what I know now about temping and whatnot. Also, MC can greatly throw off your system and it can take up to a year to regulate back out (and oftentimes you regulate out to a new 'regular'). I'd recommend temping so that you can figure out what your cycle is doing. This has kept me a lot more sane than if I hadn't been temping! You probably ovulated late, and the only way to really know that is to temp. As for the crying... I read somewhere that it can take up to a year after the birth of a rainbow baby for you to be able to truly deal with a miscarriage. I can't speak from experience, as loss after loss with no live baby has compounded in my case, but maybe other ladies here can help. The pain also does get better with time, from a singular loss. Also, just an FYI, we usually use *TW* for mention of live children here (and not usually for MC information, unless you're going to go into TMI/gruesome type details). 

#BitterHagPartyOf1