TTC After a Loss
Options

September TWW

Re: September TWW

• Options
    @tosh24 I hope you get at least 1 of those! I have to say if it were me I'd be an anxiety ball of hot mess. Dh says he hopes we conceive before needing meds cause he knows my anxiety would be higher.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @tosh24 thanks for sharing ur femara experience!! And FX for you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So it’s official.. FF took away my CH after today’s temp, so I guess I never did actually ovulate after all. Who knows wtf my body is actually doing now... :confused:
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I’m sorry. It’s so hard to wait for things to get back to normal. It took about 4 months for my cycles to be the same again. I wasn’t sure it was ever going to happen! I hope you get ur normal back soon or at least a new normal!
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake sorry about lack of O.   I had that happen to me too.  It takes a while sometimes for body to regulate again 
  • Options
    I just wish I knew if there was still a chance that I will ovulate just later on at this point, or if this is just going to be an an-o cycle. Last cycle (the one with my D&C at the beginning) i think I o’d on cd 29 based on my temps, so I’m still holding out a sliver of hope that I still have a chance this cycle? I know it’s unlikely but I have to hold on to something...
  • Options
    I had spotting start this morning so AF should come probably tomorrow
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 ugh. Sorry. 
  • Options
    sorry@vlagrl29
  • Options
    So I go in here now, I believe. FF says I'm on CD 21. This was our first cycle of "trying" post-loss in July. My OB recommended we wait 2 months. I've never used FF or temped or really "tried" before. This is all so new and unfamiliar. 

I will say; it's not as much "fun" to BD when your "trying" EOD. Anyone be else feel like it puts stress on you and hubby? Uhg. Just made things weird and forced and not very passionate.

• Options
    @kbelly777 I'm kind of the opposite... TTC is kind of a turn on for me, and then when we BD when I'm not in my fertile week, it's not as fun
    .. it's like, what's the point? Lol. I haven't always been like this, I think it's just my hormones these days maybe? Hoping to get back to it being fun just all the time :) 
  • Options
    @fishee333  Funny how differently we respond! Sex was great before the EOD thing. I just kept feeing like DH was "forced" to do it and wasn't pursuing me because he wanted too. Messed with my head. 

What CD do y'all start POAS? Those cheaply Amazon tests are tempting me but I know it's too soon. 

• Options
    @kbelly777 100% agree. I'm always much happier and wayyyy more in the mood in the TWW because it's just for fun at that point. I think bd for a purpose is too stressful to enjoy. Guess I'm opposite of @fishee333 haha. I think the first couple months we were ttc I may have felt different but now that's it's been 9 months it's like okay... It's time. You know what to do, let's go.
  • Options
    I would kill to do EOD during FW....but DH can't ahem, finish (most of the time) if he's under pressure to do so. Sucks. That being said, I like any time non-FWW since the pressure's off....
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    Last year I felt BD EOD was stressful. I feel the stress is off now so it's nice but it can be redundant esp when one of us is tired. I told dh last night I'll put oct BD in his calendar cause he's been busy. Yep we are at this point now. Scheduled but that's ok.
  • Options
    Does anyone ever think about how much longer you would go on ttc before you stop? We've been at it 14 months with a loss during the 6th month. I'm game for the rest of year naturally then I'll persue femara. After femara I'd probably stop actively trying. Then we would just go back to before whenever sex.  Was talking to mil earlier today about it. I told her I just don't have it in me to keep going on like that for much longer. Idk that 3 month mental break really put things in perspective for me and I liked that.
  • Options
    I am so happy that I am Oing over the weekend this month, it's much easier to make it "natural" and fun when you are relaxed and have time to be in a romantic mood. I found myself more horny during FW and it looks like it's turning on DH as well. However it is still a struggle during a week, when we are both exhausted after work, we switched to AM BD during a week and I think it's easier.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 My OB said that she doesn't want to talk to me about fertility treatments for another 6 months. She said normally she recommends 12 months for women my age, but she knows how much stress it is for me and she would be able to considering at least testing earlier. I guess if you are 35+ they recommend 6 months of natural TTC (counted from the last loss) and then starting treatments. My suggestion is that the chances are you will respond to treatments better now that you are younger than waiting another year or so when your egg quality will dramatically decrease. It's a slippery slope after 35.
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited September 2017
    @aga31 yeah I had all my tests at 6 months in and so did dh. As of last month with OB he said I could now but not quite ready yet as that stuff is oop for us. So I did make it to that 6 months post loss when I talked to him. 
  • Options
    **TW**

So I've been super quiet as I really didn't think it would happen for me this month as DH went away to Japan for a week. Somehow my last cycle seemed to shorten a couple of days (more like my regular cycle length prior to D&C), which ended up pushing my O date to about a day or two after he left. We DTD three days in a row up until his departure. I started sensing something was up about a week ago and went to my PCP on Wednesday, where he confirmed through a urine test that I am indeed pregnant!

I'm still a little tentative about posting about my BFP as I just don't trust my body anymore. I am also noticing a lot more pressure in my uterus area than I recall first time around, so it's kind of got me wigging out a little! I had some super scant brown discharge yesterday evening and this morning, which only made matters worse, but seems to have stopped - at least for now. Just so scared to move onto my new birth club with fears of jinxing myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @silvergreen Congratulations!!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    Congrats @silvergreen ! Hope you have a healthy 9 months! PGAL brain is rough, take it easy.
  • Options
    @silvergreen Congratulations!!!!!'
  • Options
    @silvergreen Congratulations!!! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @silvergreen!!!! PGAL brain is a monster of its own. Perhaps you can find some kind of mantra to repeat to help center yourself when your mind starts to spin. I also found that talking with other PGAL women helped a TON. I would suggest joining some kind of PGAL community online. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful, H&H 9 months :)
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    Congrats @silvergreen - hope this one sticks for good!
  • Options
    Yay @silvergreen gray news! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! 
  • Options
    99% sure I’m out but given the progesterone and a box of two tests I will test one more time tomorrow. It was rainy and gross here yesterday. I watched a lot of tv. Thankfully it’s going to be a nice week and I can live outside!!! 
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!!

I hesitantly hopped over to my birth month club after posting my BFP. While it's still quite small, there's a surprising number of women who are PGAL and there's already a check-in board for us. Feels nice to know I'm not alone.

Rooting for all of us and hoping you lovely ladies get your BFP's soon!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @silvergreen Yaaaaaaas, girl! Sorry I’m late to the party. Hope you have a boring but wonderful 9 months!!! 

• Options
    ***lurking****

Congrats @silvergreen

Come join us at the TTCAL graduates group : )
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    Great news @silvergreen. Wishing you a healthy 9 months ahead 
  • Options
    @silvergreen Thats awesome! Congrats,  I hope you have a very boring 9 months!
  • Options
    Aaaannnd I think I'm out. 11dpo today and just had some pink/red spotting. I had an inconclusive HPT this morning,  but now with the spotting, headache, and cramps I've been having,  I think it's just AF showing up 2 days early and the test was faulty (it was a cheap blue dye...I should know better by now).  The meds must have really messed with my cycle because I never spot before AF is due and my LP is shorter. Ugh. How does someone have TEN eggs and not one of them takes? I have my first appointment with my new RE in 3 weeks and who knows when I'll be able to start treatents again. I am so down in the dumps today.  I really need to go grocery shopping because we have no food but all I want to do is lay on the couch under blankets and not talk to anyone. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 What do you mean an inconclusive test? I know it can be dangerous to get your hopes up, but it doesn’t sound to me like you’re out quite yet. FX for you! 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @tosh24 - meds may be messing with your cycle. I'm on day 2 spotting. I think maybe AF will start tomorrow.
  • Options
    Congratulations @silvergreen!!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease