May 2018 Moms
Options

How did you tell the father?

psgouletpsgoulet member
edited September 2017 in May 2018 Moms
Tomorrow I'll be 4 weeks, and I just found out for sure yesterday! I was kind of enjoying being the only person in the world who knew about this whole other person's existence lol. But the secret is hard to keep. I had to join the Bump community to keep myself in line so I don't just burst out in mid conversation "Hey, I'm PREGNANT!" Talking with you all is a big help, since I plan on keeping the secret a little longer.

I kind of want to surprise my husband. I'm thinking of doing a whole "special delivery" sort of theme, decorating the inside of the mailbox and having him get the mail. The mailman's going to be super surprised if I don't time it right and he's the one who opens the mailbox...

But anywho, how did you all tell your partners? Were they there from the first pee-on-stick moment, did you find out together or did you surprise him?

Re: How did you tell the father?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg @yesthisiskim0401 that is fantastic!
  • Options
    psgouletpsgoulet member
    edited September 2017
    @yesthisiskim0401 That's hilarious!!!
  • Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 I love the cake!

I told DH when we went out to lunch the next day. This baby was a surprise so I didn't have anything planned. For DS1 I gave him onesies for our favorite baseball team and for DS2 I put DS1 in a big brother shirt.
  • Options
    With our first,  I told him as soon as the stick showed two lines.   This time,  I bought a shirt that says "World's Greatest Brother" for our son and had him wear it to announce it to hubby. 
    Was just thinking, I'm not sure DH would notice if I did this! Lol
  • Options
    With our first he was there when I took the test. This time I took the test while he was sleeping
    and told him I was pregnant when he woke up! We just told my parents and had our son wear a "promoted to big brother" shirt and it took them like 5 minutes to notice haha 
  • Options
    We were in the bathroom and I said "can I waste 5 dollars?" (Meaning can I take a digital pregnancy test? I went through 25 wondfos two months ago so that's why I said "waste"). I didn't actually think it'd be positive because my period tracker said I was supposed to be getting my period yesterday. I set myself up with "it's not gonna be positive but Let me just see for shits and giggles". It said pregnant so I just started laughing and showed him. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had kept that I was testing a secret from DH, because I didnt want to tell him if it was negative. But I decided to do a wondfo, and it was super faint, so I did a FRER and it was light but definitely there. I hid it for a few hours from DH even though we were both home. So my DH really wants one of those new Super Nintendo classic systems and has been trying to get a preorder for a few weeks. We both tried and missed on one of the stockings so I got the test and said "while you didn't get ones of the SNES classics I did get you this", and showed him the test. He was shocked, and asked if it was positive since it was faint, and then was excited. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    @justsuzie lmao! I did the same thing, lol 
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited September 2017
    I went out that afternoon and bought two cards (one that said on the front "Great things are happening" and another with sushi on the front). In the first card I just wrote a note about how happy I am to have him as my partner, etc. with a "P.S. I'm pregnant." Once he read it he was in shock and said "really? you are?!" He cried, I cried, we hugged for a bit. Then he read the sushi card that read "goodbye sushi...hello pregnancy! now I finally have a use for those Solly wraps"....yup....I already have four solly wraps because I never wanted to miss out on a limited run of a color I liked.....did I mention I'm an intense "planner"?
  • Options
    I bought DS a shirt that said "Number One Big Brother."  I changed him into it when we all got home and had him walk out to DH and say, "Daddy, look at my shirt!"
     DH was really excited and said "no way! Seriously?!"  
  • Options
    I got a faint BFP Tuesday during the day while DH was at work.  I ran to target and got two mugs - one that says mama needs coffee and one that says best dad ever.  I put them on the kitchen counter straight ahead from where you come into the house and was sitting there "texting" (filming.) He saw my extreme lack of poker face and asked what was up so I pointed to the mugs and said I got him a present.  He immediately picked up the stick (I put it inside one mug) and looked and said "not pregnant?"  I stared at him for a minute and then told him to look again for the faint second line.  He said "Really?!" and broke out in the hugest smile.  I stopped filming when he came over to hug me but it would have been hilarious to keep going.. he kept looking at it again and going "really?  Seriously? Wow! Are you sure?  Oh boy!" LOL
  • Options
    @trauen812  The most terrible part is I am super creative being an artist and I was just too excited. 
  • Options
    DH was in the car with me when the nurse practitioner at my RE's office called. It took me a second to tell him because I was totally not expecting her to call with that news
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    Before we found out I was pregnant, I asked him if he would like to find out with me or if I can surprise him somehow. He said he would like to find out with me..this is why. Back in March we found out we were pregnant and were super excited about it. We actually went to a local grocery store and they didn't have any PT, so we hit up Dollar General. Bought the PTs from them and that night, in March, we found out. The next month in April I miscarried and like everyone else, it devastated us. So he said it's kind of fun just finding out together. Nothing much to it.
  • Options
    So many cute stories!  I just handed him the stick with a big grin on my face lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kind of a mess right now so I used a dollar store cheapie and just showed it to him. It was pretty faint. He saw it right away and then I cried because I was terrified. He was way happier initially than me. Of course I was happy. It's just with my loss history I was more scared of having another loss than having a baby. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    He was in bed as I was taking the test with the door open (because what are boundaries) and I was convinced it was going to be negative so I didn't mention I was testing, but when I checked and there were two lines I kind of ruined the whole suprise with the constant "WHAT! WAIT, WHAT... wait... WHAT!" He's not super thrilled about the whole thing so I don't think he would appreciate a nicely planned suprise anyway. 
  • Options
    He didn't realize I was testing that morning, so when I pulled myself up off the floor after seeing two lines, I ambushed him when he was in the closet trying to pick out a shirt!  :D with teary eyes and trembling hands I told him it was positive! It took him a second or two to realize what I just told him. We hugged and kissed in our closet! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    I literally was shaking in shock and running around the house with the test in my hand trying to find my husband! This was our first cycle trying so I mentally prepared myself to get lots of negatives and it take at least a few months. I had all these cute plans and I couldn't even think straight to use them. 
  • Options
    I took a test the morning of our pigroast just to make sure I could drink convinced it would be negative (we "tried" one time the day I wouldn't stop talking about having a third). I literally almost passed out when i saw it was positive. I called him from outside and told him he better come talk to me and showed him lol. Not a cute way but when it's the third surprise baby that's what you get!