January 2018 Moms
Options

AS redo

Does anyone have to go back to get their AS redone? Apparently the baby was in an awkward position and they didn't see everything they wanted to see. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: AS redo

• Options
    No, but I have heard of that happening. I scheduled mine for 19w 6d and was even warned that I may have to come back if they don't see everything. How far along are you? 
  • Options
    Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited August 2017
    Happened to me with my first. DS was and still is really stubborn. He was head down on the right side of my pelvis from 18 weeks on. Literally never moved his head. The first ultrasound tech was male and afraid to push too hard (apparently some ladies complained that they push too hard, but hey, not worth it to make sure baby is healthy... eye roll). I had to go back 2 hours later after drinking something sugary to get him moving. The second tech was female and straight up said, "I'm going to push hard to get what I need because this kid is stubborn and won't move his head and I have to have those measurements." I told her to do what she needed to do. This time I was told to drink some orange juice beforehand so that baby is extra wiggly and gives them tons of angles. It's totally normal to have to go back and doesn't mean anything is wrong, you just have a strong willed, uncooperative kiddo ;)

eta: a word
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had to go back with my first, they just couldn't get him to move for all the angles and measurements they needed. Seems pretty common. I considered it a good thing because, one, they are being thorough and not just saying "eh close enough", and two, more chances to see baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I was with my ultrasound tech for over an hour so she could get everything. She had me rolling over, peeing every 10 minutes, pushing on me, doing the belly ultrasound and then the vaginal back and forth. Apparently she is breach right now and turned around or something so it took foreverrrrrrrrr. Luckily they were able to get everything so I didnt have to go back but man was it a process.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I was expecting DD, I went in for an anatomy scan 3 TIMES! She moved around so much and didn't stay still, so we kept rescheduling. The last time I went in, the tech stayed after her shift was over to try and get a good look of the heart so I didn't have to come in a fourth time! I'm hoping this LO isn't as wiggly during my appointment
  • Options
    Man you guys are making me really impatient. I go in in 8 days. I really want to see a baby that looks like a baby and not like a slug. 
  • Options
    @melsue18 I just had my AS last Friday at 18 wks  and they want me to come back in 4-5 weeks because they couldn't get a good look at the face. Doctor pushed pretty hard and had me roll to try and get a view but no luck. I don't think it's anything to worry too much about. Like other people have said it's good they are thorough and an extra chance to see your cute LO! 
  • Options
    @melsue18 I just had my AS last Friday at 18 wks  and they want me to come back in 4-5 weeks because they couldn't get a good look at the face. Doctor pushed pretty hard and had me roll to try and get a view but no luck. I don't think it's anything to worry too much about. Like other people have said it's good they are thorough and an extra chance to see your cute LO! 
  • Options
    I also have to do another AS right before my next appointment. LO was moving too much and kept putting her spine in the way when the tech was trying to get pictures of her heart chambers. It doesn't indicate anything is wrong they just want to make sure they can see and measure everything. I'm kinda happy LO was uncooperative because now I'll get to see her again.
  • Options
    Yup! I have to go in for another U/S at 28 weeks, mostly to check on my placenta previa, but also to get a good look at baby's left foot. No matter what the tech did she just couldn't get an angle on the foot that satisfied her, so she said she'd check again later. Talk about thorough! :D Like others have said, though, it's nice that they don't just blow it off with a "good enough" attitude. 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had to have a follow up with both of my girls- and my OB doesn't schedule the AS until 20w or later (she usually pushes for 22w.) 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my AS last week and am actually bummed that he was so cooperative.  With my first I had to go back to get clearer pictures of his heart and profile because he did not want to wake up and move at all.  This time they got everything perfectly and quickly.  I love being able to see the little guy.  I have asked to have a growth scan done later in my pregnancy due to the fact that my first was underweight even though I was measuring appropriately, but we will reassess as we get closer to the due date.  So I may not get to see him again until I hold him in my arms!  Ahhh can't wait!!!