December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns - 8/29

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns - 8/29

• Options
    @MJDsquared My ob's office didn't give any kind of eating instructions for the 1-hour, but I had heard others say lay off the carbs that day.  So I had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast, then accidentally ended up fasting for about 6 hours before the drink and appointment at 3:30pm because that's just how my day went.  My 1-hour was pretty high.  

However I passed the 3-hour, and when I did the 3-hour first thing in the morning, my 1-hour blood glucose level after the 100g drink was lower than the 1-hour level after drinking the 50g drink.  All that is to say, I understand way less about blood glucose chemistry than I thought I did!  So if the screening doesn't go well, just know that the 3-hour can produce a totally different result and it really wasn't that bad.  Not fun, but not bad.  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @MJDsquared mine with DD was at 3:00. I ate like normal and went in. I failed by 4 points but passed my 3 hour. This one is in 2 weeks. It's at 9:20. I plan to eat an egg omelet for breakfast (it's what I always eat).  DD is up at 6:00 every morning so the meal should be cleared by then anyway. I'll let you know if I pass orfail. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @whiska Congrats on your 3-hr pass! I was thinking about you this week. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much @kyrwyn! I've been thinking of you guys too.  I hope you (and everyone's) doing okay with the updated diets.  
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska I'm doing okay. I start on insulin tonight to help with my overnight numbers, but I practiced the injection this morning and it's actually not too bad.  The nurse said I'm doing great with my diet & exercise, so hopefully the meds take care of the rest. FX.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've failed the 1 hour twice. Once because I forgot I drank a giant Starbucks vanilla latte right before my appointment and my doctor asked me to go down to the lab then and do it. And once when I fasted which I really think was a terrible idea. Both times I ate normally I passed.
  • Options
    So I'm sure I could google this or call my doctor's office, but I've had quite a few people tell me that the barometric pressure drop (from hurricane Irma) could send me into labor...? I live in SWFL. 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *apologies for the long post I've got a lot to get out*

I have to say I'm experiencing a lot of similar symptoms you all are. Fatigue/tiredness/exhaustion. Pelvic pain. My belly button is starting to pop and it is SOOO sensitive having clothes rub on it makes me so uncomfortable and anxious (I have weird issues with things touching my belly button).

But the worst of all is definitely the fatigue. I'm exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. Plus I'm only getting a few hours of sleep a night which is not helping. We're talking like 3-4 hours of sleep. Some people can function on this little sleep, I, however, cannot.

My heart rate skyrockets after I eat as well and i get extra sleepy after I eat. Not to mention uncomfortable.

I know this could sound insensitive, but where I'm at now size wise is as big as I got with my first and I'm not dealing well with it. If I'm this uncomfortable now, how are the next 3 months going to be?!?!

Sorry, I'm whiny and grouchy, I blame lack of sleep....
  • Options
    OH! And i'm having the worst time peeing! TMI, I know. But I feel like I have to go and I'll sit there for 5-10 minutes before anything happens. SOOO annoying. Especially at 3 AM.  And when I finally do go, its a trickle. Ugh just let me pee normally again!
  • Options
    Ugh Sciatica - if you are dealing with this, Have you tried a chiropractor for it??  I'm debating if it will help but it's turned from an annoyance to extremely painful in the past couple days. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited September 2017
    @Marley629 I've had sciatica before but not during pregnancy.  The best things I've found:
    -for immediate relief, sit in a hard chair and keep your hips and knees at perfect 90 degree angles.  Standing or sitting in a soft chair just stretches the nerve and/or muscles around the nerve, irritating it further.  (ETA by immediate I mean within a few hours :grimace:)
    -make sure you're aligned when sleeping.  So with side sleeping you should support your side to keep your spine straight, and a pillow between the legs to keep the hips aligned.  When I was back sleeping, I put a pillow under my knees.
    -google sciatica and piriformis stretches (sometimes it's the piriformis muscle that gets tight and squeezes or impinges the sciatic nerve). The one that worked best for me was laying on my back and bringing the knee up, femur turned out.  After doing that leisurely 2x/per day for about a week, the sciatica totally goes away.

I realize pregnancy might be a whole 'nother ballgame but hopefully this helps.  Sorry you're dealing with it!  It's awful and so so painful!!!  
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @Marley629 my sciatica pain is getting worse too. I like the piriformis stretch @whiska mentioned too,but I haven't done it in a while. I guess it's time to try it. 
  • Options
    Late reply but thanks to everyone who chimed in about the GD test!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @jesrude I understand. I am not as big yet but I have gained as much now than with my first. I hate it. I have just lost 40lbd when I got pregnant so this is hard on me. 

Also, when you try peeing, lean all the way forward. I was this was with DD and if I leaned forward it kinda squished everything out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I feel like I post too much too! Maybe try looking at what you're eating in the AM and make sure it's balanced, ie protein/carbs/fat/fibre. I find if I miss one of those things I get more ravenous later in the day!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @kvacmak I've been thinking recently that I really should eat more protein at breakfast, but I still think it's crazy that I'm so hungry after dinner since that's always my most protein-filled meal (and also generally balanced with other things)! Hopefully switching up my breakfasts will help though!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited September 2017
    @kater622 Some say it's a wives tale, some say there is actual proof but you need to be 35+ weeks. I asked my midwife and she says I'm fine (28weeks). However, my sister went into labor in Miami the night of Hurricane Wilma due to a placental abruption and im not sure if it was coincidence. I'm in FL too but just doing my best to stay hydrated and calm. You will be fine! 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I like seeing your posts fwiw!
    Yeah, non proteinaceous breakfasts just don't cut it for me anymore. Right now that means I'm eating an egg in some format every morning. Also I eat a bowl of cereal almost every night, usually an hour or two after dinner (with 2%, so decadent yum :blush:)
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    I'm also starving! On my highest day I'm eating about 2700 calories! (I'm still carb cycling so I eat between 259 and 359g of carbs a day, 155g of protein a day and 65-80g of fat). 
    Since the day I got pregnant I've gained about 8 or 9 lbs. 
    if my protein gets too low, I also get super ravenous, fatigued and I don't feel like eating. It's so important to have protein! 
  • Options
    Someone tell me that waking up and randomly feeling like shit some mornings is normal? Bump hurts, stomach upset, extra tired...
    Maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday??
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    My daughter plopped down on the couch the other day and ended up kicking me in the head (which already had a headache).  I jumped up from the pain which caused my whole right side to seize up like I'd been stabbed in the hip.  It's still not quite right.  My kid felt awful because it was all an accident and then Mama is essentially balled up crying.  What a night.

• Options
    @MJDsquared I know it makes no sense but I've heard that same complaint from MANY women when they don't have protein with breakfast, same goes for me. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get more breakfast protein since I cannot be bothered to cook eggs in the AM. 

@whiska definitely sounds like you didn't eat enough or maybe drink enough water the day before! I have days like that too
  • Options
    @kvacmak @MJDsquared Since I am now required to have protein with breakfast, I've been experimenting with a few things. The easiest for me (prep-wise and tummy-tolerance) has been 2% cottage cheese.  In the mornings, with a little cinnamon and fruit (if you're allowed), it almost tastes breakfasty. And later in the day, I crack a bunch of black pepper into it to make it more savory if a meal needs an extra protein.  Eggs first thing in the mornings does not really work for my stomach. =\ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha @whiska!  I'm the laziest person alive!  I was just sitting here thinking about that. How TF are we going to manage?  The answer is: we'll have no choice but to man up and do it. At least, that's what I'm hoping lol. 
  • Options
    @whiska  Y'all are my people. Lazy FTM unite!  WTF am I gonna do if I have a colicky baby?  I'm only motivated once a week on average.  Then again, maybe I'm jaded by the pregnancy fatigue and I've forgotten how much I can accomplish when I don't have a person growing inside? I do plan on moving things around in the budget to hire a housekeeper. I can live without cable or takeout food if the trade off is good!  Hahaha
  • Options
    For those having a hard time getting protein with breakfast, I off of Kodiak protein flapjacks (only available in the states). Ive also had left over dinner, Greek yogurt, protein powder, banana pancakes, fairlife milk apparently has a lot of protein in it. I'll add to the list if I think of more. 

Anyone else short of breath? I feel like I'm only using the top of my lungs to breath.. it's a strange feeling. I felt miserable all day, almost 1st trimester again. Ugh.... 
  • Options
    I guess this could be a symptom with pregnancy rage and all that. I find myself getting annoyed with my mom much more frequently and easily lately. And then I think about it later and feel super guilty about it (because she's not doing stuff that deserves it). Ugh.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @dilbert890 I'm definitely on the short of breath train. I get winded just putting laundry in the dryer! 

Kodiak also makes one minute muffin cups that I love bc of the convenience. They're high in protein and pair with Greek yogurt really well!
  • Options
    Add me to the lazy AF club! And I will have 2 to care for LOL.

@dilbert890 I'm short of breath all the time. I think it was worse today because I did so much walking (and stairs) yesterday. I had trouble walking around the store today. 
  • Options
    Seriously all week long I dealt with a headache.  Woke up at 4 am to the baby thinking my bladder and uterus were a punching bag. Went to the bathroom and could not fall back asleep because the headache was bothering me.  

I also made the comment to SO last night that I felt weird.  I hope it passes and I just need some protein and water today.  I also told him, you realize during my last pregnancy we would have a baby 5 weeks from now (had the boys at 31 weeks).  That both made us think. I'm so not ready for this one to come out yet and I hope it stays in for at least 10 more weeks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My belly button is slowly vanishing. After I had laparoscopic surgery last year it got a little deeper and narrower, but today it's noticeably shallow, but wide like it's getting stretched out.  Gag.  
  • Options
    Ugh so many braxton hicks these last few days... me no likey. 
    I had tonnes of them with DS so I can't say it's surprising, but they were coming pretty frequently last night I was starting to get mildly concerned... Then I fell asleep so there's that lol 
  • Options
    @kvacmak I had a TON of them this weekend too. I had very few with DS1 and not until much later so I was a little worried.  It may have been more due to not keeping up with fluids though so I've been chugging water like Its my job  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @tmk0325 do you think it could be your blood pressure? 
    Pregnancy Ticker