December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns - 8/29

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns - 8/29

• Options
    @dkizz82 me too.  So so thirsty.  I woke up this morning parched and drank glass after glass until I sort of balanced out.
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Options
    @maddilatti  

Mine has been between 100-130 at every appointment, but my BP has been normal, so they haven't had concerns.  To be fair, I had a congenital type of tachycardia that was surgically corrected, and they told me my resting rate would always be a bit high after that (usually around 80-90, it can get up wayyyy high with exercise unfortunately).  It does seem to be WAY worse if I'm dehydrated.  If you aren't already drinking a crap ton of water, I'd start there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 Does it kind of feel like someone hit you between your legs with a baseball bat, and you're kind of locked up in pain for a few seconds? I get that sometimes, and google's answer was (seriously) called "Lightning Crotch".  Ya know, because you feel like your crotch got hit by lightning......
    I mentioned it to my OBGYN, and she said it was totally normal. But if you have an appointment coming up soon, can't hurt to mention it to your doctor.
  • Options
    @kickball7091, I don't think that's it. I have had that sensation as well, and this is less severe, but more long lasting. It's a weird feeling and hard to explain. All I know, is that I have 99 days until my due date and I am already counting down the microseconds. Something tells me it's going to be a long 3 months.
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Uuuuummmmm TMI, but my vag is very...ahem...different. I thought this wouldn't happen until AFTER having a baby. Apparently, I was wrong. So very wrong. 
  • Options
    Anyone else's resting heart rate seem high? I've had a couple of sporadic blood pressure spikes, and my OB sent me home with a 24 urine container to bring back at my next appt in September, and didn't seem overly concerned about my high pulse rate, but it's more often than not around 115 resting and I think the culprit of why I feel bad sometimes as I I usually start to swell when it's up. Just a little frustrated, I know you typically have a higher heart rate in pregnancy but i didn't thibk it would make me feel bad. 
    Mine is high!  I was diagnosed during pregnancy with POTS Syndrome, which is essentially excessive tachycardia upon standing.  SO I have been on modified bed rest since 22 weeks ('m 26 weeks tomorrow) and will remain on modified bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy.  I take a blood pressure medicine that is a beta blocker that helps to lower my heart rate, but I can't increase the dose because it will also lower my BP too much. My heart rate shoots up when I set up or even walk to around 160-180.  It would be worth mentioning to your doctor again that the increased heart rate is bothersome and see what s/he says.  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    @maddilatti my heart rate has been high since the second I got pregnant. I noticed in the winter that my heart rate goes up when I'm ill. When my heart rate went up, Combined with not feeling well, I knew something was up. I wasn't surprised to learn i was pregnant. technically my Fitbit gave it away. 
    The nurse or resident at my ob office said it goes back down at a later phase in pregnancy, but that hasn't happened yet. It's just gone up (according to Fitbit). It was ~74 when I was first pregnant and now around high 80's when I'm at rest. 
    I know nothing about heart rate, and I doubt I answered your question, but you're not alone.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I had my first BH contraction today.  It scared me for a minute until I realized what it probably was!

Going to agree with everyone that said they're especially thirsty.  It's easy enough to ignore so I guess it's not that bad, but I cannot get enough water.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My freakin boobs are leaking already!!! I am so not ready for this. I seriously feel like I just quit pumping, it hasn't even been a year yet. I stopped in September when my boys were 12 weeks old. I'm going to have to dig my breast pads out of this keeps up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ughhh there was blood when I wiped after sex. It was a small amount and it did hurt during (which this particular position always does for me, and it was a little worse this time) so I'm just repeating "sensitive cervix" to myself in my head.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    It's just a sensitive cervix @MJDsquared. But if you're nervous, call your doc!
  • Options
    @breezybee Thanks for talking me down! Lol. It totally stopped and I kept willing her to move, but she was only lightly moving occasionally. I can't sleep so I'm just on my phone and she just started partying hard in there.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Spent the whole day held up in bed with back/ side pain. DH finally convinced me to go get checked out because he didn't think this was normal. BOOM. Kidney stones.  :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I had the same thing happen two weeks ago (at 24w). It hurt a little during for me too (probably should have used lube...)  I figured it was a sensitive cervix but called my doctor because it happened right before 12 hours of flights home from vacation. At first she wanted me to watch and see if there's more blood or cramping, but because of the impending flights she told me to get checked out by a doctor. All checked out fine. Everyone told me that it's because of the sensitive cervix. If you're still worried, call your doctor (even if it's just for peace of mind).
  • Options
    I've been having mild but annoying pain under my ribcage on my right side. According to my OB it's probably gallbladder related so I've been trying to eat a little healthier these past few days (surprisingly difficult without a kitchen). One thing that has seemed to help is upping my water intake. I've been crazy thirsty recently like many of you ladies, but wasn't really making an effort to drink. Now that I'm consciously trying to drink more the pain seems a lot better.
  • Options
    @rebeckyjoy Upper right pain can also be early signs of preeclampsia and HELLP so make sure to keep up the communication with your OB. Did she run your liver enzymes to rule those out? I had my gallbladder out in 2014 but the pain was all over the stomach for me, not just specific to a side really. This is just an FYI for you, not trying to scare or diagnose you at all :)
  • Options
    @acgonzalez22  - Actually I had seen that and that's why I called them. No liver enzymes yet, but my pressures have all been good and no proteinuria thus far. I've got an appointment early next week and I'm sure they'll bring it back up then (if not, I will). The worst pain I had was the day after an evening when I'd eaten more ice cream than I should have, which lends credibility to the gallbladder theory.
  • Options
    I am also thirsty all the time. 
    Side note - I had tiramisu last night and the baby wouldn't stop moving so I was not able to sleep till after 3am. I think the coffee in the cake made him active. 
  • Options
    There are plenty of serious concerns in this thread right now, but I have a totally frivolous one (to break things up, I guess?):

Is anyone else finding the texture of their hair changing?  I have and absolute ton of fairly fine hair with a little wave to it.  In the last few weeks, I'm finding that the fly aways and the hairs at the nape of my neck are fairly distinct curls now.  I'm sure it's at least partly humidity (thank you August), but I think pregnancy might be changing my hair.  (It's pretty easy for me to notice, too, because the last time I dyed my hair was about a month before we got pregnant. So reddish = wavy, but mousy brown/blonde = curl)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn My hair's definitely changing. I have a ton more flyaways at my roots then I used to. Ugh.
  • Options
    @hellothere47 Me too. I told my husband that maybe my hair is trying to save me money by layering itself. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm relieved (but sorry!) to see that so many others seem to be in an energy nosedive lately.  I don't know what it is but it's like I just cannot get enough rest right now.  And my heart rate has also been a little bit up - especially after eating - and I had some more cramping last weekend (growth spurt I'm hoping!).

And now I'm having serious sacroiliac joint pain on the right side - anyone have tips for this?  The only thing I could think that I was doing that was asymmetric was sleeping on my left all the time (which is totally new for me, as I'm usually a back sleeper), so I tried to split between left and right last night and it helped briefly this morning. But now I'm back to hobbling around.  Google has been useless, prenatal yoga last night didn't really help (but my instructor gave me a few stretches/poses to try)... I feel like all that's left is PT?
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska You're definitely not the only one dragging lately. My energy level is so low this week- I feel like I could sleep for days. 

I hope your joint pain gets better soon! That sounds miserable. 
  • Options
    @whiska definitely check out PT, specifically pelvic floor physio (they do WAY more than just PF). Also, do you do any strength training? I find when my SI flares up, doing some lower body strength helps support it and stabilize minimizing the pain (for me). Usually some squats, hip bridges, clamshells and the like help me feel better! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This has been a rough week for me.  Super tired (while trying to get my kid back on a school schedule, shoot me) and nearly everything has made my stomach upset.   I'm hoping this week has been just a fluke.  I don't want 3 more months like this. 

• Options
    @kvacmak I've been doing all those exercises!! I highly recommend them! 
    I need to start nerve mobilizing again, my rt calf is cramping and I'm wondering if it's nerve related (I have nerve problems in that leg)..
    im also in the Evander Holyfield phase of pregnancy. I'm sure my husband is loving it. 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared @breezybee saying to myself sensitive cervix right now. Had sex a few days ago and since then I've been having lots of brown discharge/spotting. It's making me freaking nervous.

called the dr and she said as long as there's no cramping or lots of blood I'll be ok.

• Options
    @sjis Ugh, so sorry. :( Sensitive cervix is the mantra! I had brown blood in my underwear this morning which was obviously just leftover from last night's episode but it still wasn't fun to see.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared  @sjis  Hope all clears up soon!  Happened to me at very beginning of 2nd tri and freaked me out so bad.  Not sure if it was that, or a particularly aggressive ultrasound that caused it, but I've been paranoid ever since even though I know everything is OK.  
  • Options
    Soooo soooo tired.  Yet, I can't fall asleep.  Pure torture lol. 

DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @kyrwyn, my hair was naturally blonde before kids. Now it's definitely brown (and my kids have bright blonde hair...I say they took it from me.)

This pregnancy seems to be drying out my hair, if anything.
  • Options
    I've been blowing my nose constantly for almost a week and this morning I got a *fun* surprise of my first pregnancy bloody nose mid-blow. :confounded:
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared  Oh man! How have you made it so far? I think I've had one every day since conception!
  • Options
    @elcd458 I'm pretty surprised I made it this far! I've seen little streaks of blood when blowing my nose but nothing full-blown until now. When I was little I was prone to them for a while so when I found out they're common in pregnancy I was bracing myself to get them a ton!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    YodaIsGreenYodaIsGreen member
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone notice more prominent or thicker body hair? I have hair on my stomach area. Prior to pregnancy it was light and unnoticeable so it never bothered now. Now it's thicker/darker and looking at my bare bump makes make feel gross.

Does anyone know a safe way to get rid of it while pregnant? Not sure if I trust myself with a razor around the belly.
  • Options
    @YodaIsGreen I have the opposite problem! My body hair growth has ground to a screeching halt! i have like 5 hairs under each arm currently and my crotch is patchy as hell haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @YodaIsGreen My belly hair started getting out of control super early, like 7 weeks or something. I'll be honest, I haven't done anything with it and find myself playing with it, lol. But I think someone on here said they pluck, you could shave, I've thought about trimming it with little nail scissors but always forget/get too lazy. I'm sure something like Nair could work as long as it's safe to use while pregnant.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Sign me up for extreme exhaustion, leaky boobs and horrible heartburn. Heartburn so bad it wakes me up from sleeping in a mad coughing fit. I keep telling myself, 3 more months, just 3 more months....
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Just walking into/around stores today was exhausting. I'm gonna hope it's just because I loafed around for the past week being sick. Hopefully when I try to start taking walks again it's not like this!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019