April 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 8/28

Hello ladies!  In all the excitement of my appt today, I almost forgot it was Monday!

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

Questions?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY:  What is your absolutely most hated chore?  Can be from around the house, or from work.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 8/28

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond yay for your betas!  Those are beautiful numbers for 5 weeks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    around 7-8 weeks. It's pretty frustrating that I haven't been able to get a dating US yet. 

Friday!!! 4 days! 

Questions?
    I went for my first beta draw on Fri (39924) and second this morning (49359). I know they stop doubling at some point,  but does anyone know whether these are good numbers for 7-8 weeks? My OB will call tomorrow to go over these results but I am too anxious to wait til then! 

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    With every tiny cramp I am still running to the bathroom to check for bleeding. Feeling a little more hopeful, but not much. 

GTKY:  What is your absolutely most hated chore?  Can be from around the house, or from work.
    I cannot stand putting the laundry away... which is why it stays piled up on the guest bed for weeks at a time. 
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse I get being emotionally torn.  I am having trouble enjoying this pregnancy like I did with my DD. Maybe I will feel more comfortable after first tri, but it feels scary to commit to joy right now.

@ashnbubs those are solid numbers for 7 weeks (range is from 7,659-229k).  Unfortunately doubling is supposed to happen up through 14 weeks :/.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @ashnbubs my numbers went from 32k to 48k at early 6 weeks (I've always tended towards higher HCG) they called me in for an ultrasound when the labs finally got back to them because they weren't doubling (not until 5 days later due to a mix up) and we saw a happy little nugget with a strong heartbeat. My OB said that when numbers start getting up there the doubling can take longer sometimes. Stay strong!! 
  • Options
    Thanks @kbamomma33 @sunshinedays-2 @ngolimento I am trying not to freak out about the numbers! I can't wait to find out what my doc says. Thanks for the support! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8w2d

Not this week

Questions?

Doing ok. The b6 and unisom is definitely helping a good bit. I've decided to see how one more week goes now that school's back and I'm getting into my routine. Today my major issue was dizziness. 

Probably washing dishes
  • Options

I'm feeling more positive! I have finally let go of peeing on wondfos and temping. The nausea and sore boobs have really amped up the past few days and I am weirdly happy to be feeling so shitty! 
    Yes!! I relate to all of this! I'm 5w2d and also just stopped POAS and temping. Even though I know the nausea doesn't really mean anything, it's oddly comforting.
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w2d

First ultrasound in 8 more days!

Questions?

Physically, just lots of burping, some waves of nausea every day, and a general "out of it" feeling--very hard to get work done. Emotionally, doing pretty well. I just passed the length of my last pregnancy (m/c at 5w1d), which feels like a kind of milestone. But I also started vaginal progesterone, and all the extra discharge makes me feel like I'm bleeding, which sends me running to the bathroom to check. : /

Definitely putting laundry away! I don't mind washing it, but then I would sooner just dump it in a pile on the floor and pick outfits out of it every day than hang things up or fold them. It's the same with unpacking after a trip. No idea why!
    History (TW/loss/child):

• Options
    @mstoddart the crazy vivid dreams are indeed a thing! I think they have contributed to my sleeping longer
  • Options
    @mstoddart I have vivid dreams, too! I find it hard to wake up in the morning because it's like I've been on another planet and I have to get reacquainted with earth / my bedroom.
    History (TW/loss/child):

• Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks 4 days.

Ultrasound on Wednesday! I'm kind of nervous about this, since my mom mentioned we might be able to hear baby's heartbeat. That didn't even occur to me! It just seems so weird to have another heartbeat inside of me!

Questions?
    I'm sure I have many, but my brain can't think of any right now.

Honestly, I am really, really struggling with this pregnancy. It was unplanned and unexpected, and came at a pretty stressful time of transition for my husband and me. We've only been married a year, we just moved 3 states away from my parents, DH just got his first high school teaching job, I'm smack in the middle of opening a small business, and we live in a run-down apartment that I specifically told my husband I did NOT want to have kids in. When I got the BFP, I felt no joy (for other reasons too, like the danger of an IUD pregnancy). The only time I've smiled as a result of this pregnancy was when I told my mom, and that was mostly muscle reaction. I'm trying to be happy. I feel like I should be happy. I want to be happy. But I'm just not.

Cleaning grody dishes. We used to have a dishwasher, but don't in our new apartment and washing dishes by hand just grosses me the hell out. 
  • Options
    @ashnbubs  I read somewhere that when levels get over 1200, they start to double slower (every 72-96 hours) and then even slower when over like 6000 (more than 96 hours to double) or something like that.  So them not exactly doubling isn't necessarily bad I wouldn't think.  

@kbamomma33 I finally gave up and stopped peeing on Wondfos too!  It's so hard to let go of it!  In a weird way, I feel like it makes me feel like I have control over the situation, even though I don't!

@stalkinghorse  That's good that you were at least able to relax enough to have a little fun with being pregnant :-)

@mdwiny I started progesterone too.  I hate that mine is pink, so when it comes back out it looks like spotting.  Like really?  Why did they make it that color??

@ngolimento  Congrats again on a great appt!

• Options

@mdwiny I started progesterone too.  I hate that mine is pink, so when it comes back out it looks like spotting.  Like really?  Why did they make it that color??
    Oh that's just cruel!! That pharma lab is filled with men for sure...
    History (TW/loss/child):

• Options
    P&G for the time being, as the app is being a jerk.

How far along are you? 
    8w4d

U/S tomorrow, finally!

I'm feeling much better than I did in weeks 6 and 7 - my desire for food has returned and I can eat semi-normally now. I'm still getting an upset stomach for at least part of the day each day, but not nearly as bad. The best thing really is being able to eat vegetables and other healthy foods though.

I hate cutting/hauling/stacking firewood. It's always hot when you do it, so you wind up sweaty, dusty, itchy and scratched up, and there's always the possibility of rattlesnakes or scorpions to make it even less pleasant. Yuck.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond yay for the betas! We have an U/S on the same day... this is going to be the longest week ever! 

@stalkinghorse I can relate to that roller-coaster... every day I flip flop from there's something wrong to omg we're having a baby... I'm hoping after my first U/S I will have some sort of relief

@mdwiny im guilty of not unpacking and letting my bags sit against the wall for like... up to a few weeks. Its such a pain!!!

@vannesmarshall sorry you're struggling with this pregnancy- you will come around to it, but don't beat yourself up for not being ecstatic... I think people who 100% intentionally got pregnant have second thoughts once "the deed is done." I'm still a little shocked that I'm actually, really, pregnant, and we were not trying not preventing... I can't imagine what my thoughts would be, having it happen while on B.C while you were in the midst of turning a brand new page in life!

• Options
    How far along are you?
    5+2

A week from today is my first and an ultrasound a couple days after that. Can't. Wait.

Questions?
    No

Passed my previous loss date. Still won't fully relax till i see that baby though. I am having more symptoms now which makes me feel better though!

GTKY:  What is your absolutely most hated chore?  Giving the dog a bath. She hates it. I hate it. But since she weights 60 pounds and fights it big time, dh usually takes over that chore when I'm pregnant. Thank goodness!
  • Options
    @sunshinedays-2 I have been trying an infuser and putting lemons and limes into the water.  It helps a lot since I don't like water either.  I also have a lot of luck with watering down juices (they are too sugar and thick for me).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshinedays-2 I also smoosh some fresh mint and put it in my water. Sometimes I add lemon, but then you need to follow with plain water to prevent the acid from hurting your enamel. Also, fresh rosemary in sparkling water is really refreshing. 
  • Options
    @ngolimento @stalkinghorse Those are great ideas!  I'm going to swing by target today after my appt and see if I can find an infuser. I've never used one before.
  • Options
    Hi! Did a formal introduction on the board today. I recognize a few names from the ttcal board. It had been my home for the past 9 months.
    I am 5 1/2 weeks. 
    My first appointment isn't until 5 more weeks,Oct 3. 
    How am I? Relatively calm. I am checking for spotting less and less each day. My miscarriage happened around 8 weeks but I had begun spotting around 7.
    I called to schedule my appointment yesterday and was told that my new insurance doesn't automatically cover a dating ultrasound but have a feeling I can talk them into something due to my dd genetic condition. 
    I hate to take out the trash. I actually really like cleaning the bathroom, I find it satisfying. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7w 4d

September 1. This Friday!!! I think I am only seeing the nurse, bit still have some anxiety.

Questions?
    None for now.

I feel terrible. I am nauseous ALL the time. The only food I can seem to stomach right now is smoothies. I am so conflicted. I want the nausea to go away because I literally can't focus on anything. At the same time I want it to stick around because it is reassuring me that I am still pregnant. 

Dishes. I hate them. Give me laundry all day every day bit no dishes!

• Options
    @allowachick and @mdwiny - thanks for the reassurance about the dreams! 
    @sunshinedays-2 I agree about the plain water. I've been adding lemon, or drinking seltzer has been ok for me too
  • Options
    @sunshinedays-2 I've been mixing sparkling water with a bit of fruit juice, lemonade, etc. Like a 4:1 ratio. The sweet juices are too intense on their own, and the water is too plain on its own. Together--problem solved! I figure the sugary stuff is okay in moderation, and it's helping me get my water in.
    History (TW/loss/child):

• Options
    @mstoddart @mdwiny I haven't tried sparkling water! I have been pretty hit or miss with soda so assumed all bubbles were out but now I'm thinking I might give seltzer with a bit of lemon or fruit juice a shot! 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 welcome to your new home :smile:
  • Options
    @mispanda  I can't remember what it's called, but I know I have gotten it from two different places and they have both been a different shade of pink.  I didn't even know they had white ones!

• Options
    @mispanda it's funny that you hate the smell of cleaning supplies, my DH is the same way.  I, on the other hand, loooove the smell of bleach.  I remember sniffing a while hospital towel while in labor, and it helped me through contractions quite a bit.  I'm weird :p.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mispanda it's funny that you hate the smell of cleaning supplies, my DH is the same way.  I, on the other hand, loooove the smell of bleach.  I remember sniffing a while hospital towel while in labor, and it helped me through contractions quite a bit.  I'm weird :p.
    Ahh I can't stand the smell of bleach!  There is some kind of cleaner or something that 7-11 uses that I can't stand.  The one by our house smells so gross every time I go in there.
  • Options
    this really made me LOL.... ok, that's a little...unusual. But good for you for knowing what works for you, that is certainly a readily available commodity at a hospital to help you with labor!!! What did your doctor's think? Did they just order up a pile, ready to smother you? Too funny! 
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse I just needed one towel ;p. I draped it over the yoga ball and put my face in it when a bad contraction came.  It helped me to breathe when normally I would have held my breath (have to breathe to sniff!).  I highly recommend finding a smell you really like, and having it present during labor.  I actually did bring a DoTerra oil that I really liked before pregnancy, but I ended up detesting it while I was in labor.
    BabyFetus Ticker