Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro - Week of 8/28

2»

Re: Newbie Intro - Week of 8/28

• Options
    @jamiem522 welcome! Hope your stay here is short! 

Can I suggest that before you mention a living child that you add a TW (trigger warning) that way people can choose to skip that part. Also, please change your profile picture. Many women here have been TTGP for some time and an US picture can be hurtful. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lalala2004 sorry I forgot that it was in the questions but most people on the thread have added a TW anyway
    *TW LC*

• Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited September 2017
    @sarawifenow. TW
    I read that as "we are waiting until our son is 2 (he's 7 months right now)"  lol
      I was like, dannnnng girl. 
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited September 2017
    @ChasingTheDog
    So many questions :D. What's your username about if you're a cat person?! I love cats and I could be employed to put stickers in my planner.  I like to think I'm a low-key crazy cat lady,too.  I mean, totally normal to have enough coffee mugs with cats on the for more than every day of the week.  Or to have bought an "I'm getting meowied" shirt from etsy months before getting engaged & hide it until then.  Or have a picture of just my kitten framed on my desk.  Oh....wait..... :D
    ETA:  welcome to everyone :)
  • Options
    krashke said:
    @jamiem522 welcome! Hope your stay here is short! 

Can I suggest that before you mention a living child that you add a TW (trigger warning) that way people can choose to skip that part. Also, please change your profile picture. Many women here have been TTGP for some time and an US picture can be hurtful. 
    @krashke hi! I wasn't sure since other posters hadn't added that and because it asked, if I should but thank you for letting me know ☺️

And yes! I tried looking for how to change that. After I posted I realized that was there and started looking to change and got side tracked. Any advice? 

• Options
    @krashke I think it's updated on my end. Hope it is ok yours as well! Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    @jamiem522 yup thanks! 

And I apologize if I came off short I didn't mean to and rereading what I wrote it sounds a bit that way. I'm a newbie too so still figure stuff out myself. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @jrm_14 Oh heeelll no! Lol
  • Options
    Hi ladies I'm back. I was on here the end of May threw July. I wasn't to active outside of the TWO/TWW thread so I found it appropriate to re-intro here. 

Ages (you and SO): 33/44

How many months have you been TTC? *TW* 3 Prior to our loss currently benched

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Benched 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Currently a SAHM to a crazy almost 3 year old. I also have two teenage step children. Before SAHM I was a licensed nurse working in urgent care. I started going back to school as a SAHM to become an elementary teacher, I currently have my associates but am waiting to get my bachelors(timing is up in the air currently). Hobbies include board/card games, PC gaming and some console gaming when time permits. I like to read but struggle to find time to do that, mostly mystery and suspense novels. I have recently gotten back into counted cross stitching as well. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat. ((hugs)) sorry to see you back here. 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat So sorry you are back here *hugs* 
  • Options
    @Jettin. Welcome! Congrats on your dream job! And I am sorry you all will have a commuter marriage for another 9 months. That is certainly tough when TTC.

@Saratiff. Welcome! Enjoyed reading your intro post.  I also enjoy about 6 margaritas.  ;)

@kindbytealikat. While I am happy to see you again, I am so sorry given the circumstances.  ((Hugs sweet friend)).  Take care of yourself.  <3
  • Options
    Hello everybody!  Time to stop lurking and introduce myself :)

Ages (you and SO): 24/25

How many months have you been TTC? 1

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Nothing special, prenatals and general fertility awareness (thanks to this forum)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We've been married almost 2 years, have an awesome little doxie pup, a cockatiel and a green cheek conure.  Hobbies include jigsaw puzzles, video games and Netflix, and occasionally painting.  We bought our first home back in March so I am still having fun trying to furnish/personalize rooms (Hobby Lobby is my best friend).  I'm super excited that fall is coming so I can take my dog on longer walks on trails and maybe to the beach when the off season starts. 

My family doesn't live even remotely close to me and I don't really have any friends since moving to NJ so I really appreciate this community for information and support. 

P.S. It's almost Friday!   :) 

• Options
    Hi @becca_123! We have two doxies! We have a golden long hair named Lucy who is 2 and Buster a black short hair who is 6. What does yours look like?  Arent they the cutest! I read somewhere that vets say that doxies are the most manipulating dogs to their owners.  They get away with everything in our house lol welcome!  I'm new too!
  • Options
    Hi @galactickates!  She is a mini long haired black/cream and is only 6 months!  I uploaded my profile pic as her lol.  But she steals my heart.  And yes - she's manipulative, stubborn, and could get away with murder because she's so darn cute, and dachshunds in general are just so funny  :p  Welcome to you too!
  • Options
    @becca_123 I dont know how I missed her picture lol! She's so cute!  That's what our Buster looks like too!  
  • Options
    @becca_123 - I should have put this in my last message,  but since you're a fellow doxie owner, do you worry about the barking once a baby comes along?  It's one of my biggest stresses. I don't know about you,  but our dogs are all bark no bite,  but the bark is deafening. 

Is anyone else concerned about how their pets will react?  I'm going to search through the message boards tonight and see if there is any good info. 
  • Options
    I love that we're getting new dachshund lovers on TTGP!!
  • Options
    Hi @doxiemoxie212 !!!  I could talk about doxies all day!  I'm currently obsessed with ours. Tell me about your doxie! Ours are both minis, although Buster feels like a bowling ball compared to Lucy.  :D

• Options
    @galactickates mine is a longhair mini. She looks sort of like a tiny golden retriever. She's 7, and she loves to tunnel under the covers and sunbathe. My avatar pic thing is her. We used to bring her to dachshund meet ups in NYC when she was a puppy, but she hated it lol. It was so cute for us tho! To see like 25 different dachshunds of different shapes and sizes and colors all go apeshit in a dog park together, hysterical. They have so much personality! 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 we take ours to the meet ups too! I know exactly what you mean!!! It looks like your Doxie looks just like our Lucy.  My DH has always loved Doxies, I always loved golden retrievers.  Lucy is the closest I'll ever get to having a golden.  I have become obsessed with her. I'm a total doxie lover now.  We just got her in Feb. She was given to us by someone in our doxie meet up actually. We just let her run free on the beach for the first time without a leash and she looked so happy to be able to zoom where ever she wanted. They are seriously the greatest dogs.  I'm so happy to share that in common with you ladies!
  • Options
    @galactickates omggggg mine LOVES the beach! And the snow. Anything her paws can sink into and she can zoom and hop through! 
  • Options
    Aww this is so cute, I feel like doxie owners reunite wherever they go!  Mine hasn't been to the beach or seen snow yet though, but I really want to the beach soon when off-season starts.  She loves to dig so I'm sure she'll like sand!

@galactickates My Zoey does not bark that often - only occasionally if something spooks her, however I fear that she may become jealous when a baby comes along (she's a straight up lap dog).  I do worry about the noises from my birds though - they are quite vocal when the sun comes up!