November 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms - 8/28

Someone started talking about meal prep on another thread, and it got me thinking.  I have not yet started any frozen meal prep. I hope to do some, though.  I recently came across this food blogger, whose focus is on make-ahead freezer meals that can be cooked either in a crock-pot or on the stove top.  Most of her recipes look great (and many are either Paleo or W30 compliant for anyone interested).

https://newleafwellness.biz/ 

Re: Weekly Randoms - 8/28

• I use the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. (actually I have 3 editions, 1968, 2006, and 2016 - using the 2016 one for my freezer meals this time). I don't trust some random Internet stranger's recipes, I trust test cooks from an established brand. That's just me being a crank though. I do sometimes use online recipes if something looks especially good, but for the basics I need my BFF cookbooks.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a pdf that someone on fb offered. It's saved in my email if anyone would like it I am willing to email it to you! It has 40 meals on it 
  • Loading the player...
  • Apparently when my kids are away and i dont feelblike cleaning i just watch ALOT of trashy television. Im embarassed for my life. 
  • @bcashaw I'm so guilty of this too. What do you watch? 
  • @littlemissc17 apparently im into both jersey and geordie shore, solidly hooked on judge judy, obsessed with ru pauls drag race, and of course glued to keeping up with the kardashians. 
     What about you? 
  • @bcashaw I had to google Geordie shore. I've never heard of that one! I live for Teen Mom 2, but I'm most ashamed of my love for the DNA tests on Maury. If I'm home from work and there's a momma's baby, daddy's maybe, I'm watching. I make up for it by watching Jeopardy lol. Don't judge me lol
  • My guilty pleasure right now is Vampire Diaries. I'm on the last season and really wanted to finish it before school starts next week!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @abby7 - I feel you on food bloggers and recipe testing. I have had mixed experience.  With my food allergies, though, I've found that food bloggers tend to be an easier starting point for me than cookbooks.  The thing I liked about the New Leaf Wellness freezer meals is that she packs them all in ziplocks for more efficient freezer storage, and the majority of her recipes do not require any advance cooking.  Even if I wasn't allergic, I just don't have freezer space for a few trays of baked pasta and casseroles.    A good crockpot braise, stew, or soup usually lasts my husband and me close to a week of dinners.  I'm hoping to get at least a dozen or two crock-pot freezer meals prepped and set aside.  Even assuming that I'll be eating from the leftovers more frequently than just dinner, one or two dozen freezer packets of crockpot meals should take us through my maternity leave.
  • @curiousfool1 mine are all in ziploc packs too. They have all been soups or stews, although I will probably do a bag of homemade macaroni and cheese and chicken pot pie filling (will top with a Pillsbury rolled crust from the freezer). I like my freezer layout but it does not have a ton of space for something like a big lasagna. I hear you on food allergies and cookbooks. I did Whole 30 once and had to use the Internet (besides the Whole 30 book), regular cookbooks did not work.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Ok, I don't normally follow the Duggars for various reasons, however, I saw on Facebook today that Joy Anna is expecting her first child. It's no surprise she is pregnant already given their family's focus on child bearing. But I will say, I am quite surprised that her bump is so big at this point given she got married on May 26, 2017.

Doing the math, if she conceived on her wedding (which given their values/no sex before marriage), I would assume that's the earliest date...the furthest she could be along is 15 weeks 6 days. I know everyone carries differently, but being a first time mom, I guess I am shocked she popped so soon!

• Oddly I was just thinking about her this morning. I was surprised she hadn't announced a pregnancy yet...ha...well I am no longer surprised. I popped at like 10 weeks with this one but it's not my first so this is kinda surprising. Although if she is close to 16 weeks then I think this isn't too far from normal.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Could be bloat not baby like so many women thought they were showing so early.  I don't follow them either but did she dress with fitted clothing before? 
  • @dragonfly87-2 I was thinking the same thing! At almost 16 weeks I guess she could be showing that much, though. Especially if she put on some initial pregnancy weight. I'm not surprised that they're pregnant. They're so young, they probably can't keep their hands off of each other! I'm surprised that her older sister, Jinger, hasn't announced a pregnancy yet. 
  • @MaximumEffort  I don't follow to know what she normally looks like...but a quick search looks like she isn't normally heavy set.
    They only dated 3 months before the wedding and then got married...so this pic is at most 6 months old...

Joy-Anna Duggar Austin Forsyth Honeymoon Photo

Image result for joy anna duggar
    Wedding on May 26, 2017 (so 3 months ago)
    Image result for joy anna duggar wedding dress

• Jinger wears pants now so I'm not as surprised that she isn't pregnant yet (or at least hasn't announced anything). It's also possible she has had a loss (I truly hope not) - since this pic of Joy is much further along than when the Duggars usually announce such things, it seems they are being more cautious than usual. (I'm not really a reality show person, I swear)
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • @abby7: Given they haven't said when she is due...it's hard to know how far along Joy Anna is. I would hope she hasn't had a loss...but I would also find it unlikely just because 3 months is a very short time and unless she has a lot of bloat (which is possible), that would mean she would only 8 weeks along or she got pregnant at some point before marriage (also physically possible...but would be scandalous with their family). 

Lol...I have my guilty reality TV shows and although this is not one of them (I am more into 90 day fiance), I wouldn't judge :)
  • I meant maybe Jinger has had a loss. I really would not want to be right about that though. I hope she is just waiting.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • @abby7: Oh ok, misread that. Yes, that would also be unfortunate if it were to have happened. I think it's a little sad though that the expectation is for them to start popping babies out right away and they seem like some crazy anomaly when they haven't announced a pregnancy within a few months of marriage.
  • I'll be really happy if Jinger does wait. I mean, if babies are what you want then more power to you, but I would hate to see girls having them just because they think they have to.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • I was bigger than that at 15 weeks for sure... haha
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I am over this heat. It's 109 in September still. Even with our AC down at 73 I could not cool down enough to sleep last night. 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DragonTrollMel it's 63 at 12:40
    here in NJ. It has been cloudy and dreary for a few days and it feels like fall. I don't want your 109, but I'd rather not turn on the heat in my car and wear leggings in the morning / at night!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I'm so happy to have the cooler weather arrive. I just cancelled my and DD's flights to LA for next weekend since it's so hot there next weekend. DH will go on his own since we were just tagging along on his work trip. I'm not thrilled to be on my own for 4 days but I'd rather enjoy the cooler weathe than swelter in the crazy heat.
  • I need a jacket. It was 43 when I left for work and I don't have anything to cover my belly. The random comments have increased this week.  Yesterday I was asked by a random lady walking by when I was do. A gentleman got out of his car and asked if I had enough room to get into mine then this morning walking into work an employer goes "oh honey, you're almost there".  No, no I am not. I have 6 more weeks of work, at least 18 more 12 hour shifts then whatever I came pick up and do  
  • All of my customers have started to notice my stomach this week. I was perfectly fine with the customers not noticing because I just don't have time to sit and chat with them all about it. 
  • @amber0529 Ugh...I feel you on people noticing and wanting to talk about it. In the past two weeks, the comments and questioning have started. I really don't like the attention or focus on my pregnancy. I appreciate people are being nice, but it is awkward. I even had one person try to touch my stomach....not cool people. 

I did totally mess with a new employee though. He asked if I knew it was a boy or girl....I casually said, "what do you mean? I am not pregnant." His face turned red so fast and he started to apologize. I jokingly laughed and said, "I am sorry, that wasn't nice. We are having a girl." Luckily he has a good sense of humor :)