May 2018 Moms

Monday Randoms!

post all yo randoms. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Randoms!

• Does anyone else want symptoms? Maybe it's because of my previous miscarriages but I feel like pregnancy symptoms actually make it real. 
  • I always want to feel the MS until it comes! Lol!!! Not so much the fatigue though! It's alway feels like I should be doing something early on, but there's nothing to do except take your vitamin and too early to tell people. I think symptoms just make it feel more real for me until the bump starts to show!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's actually how I knew I should test... I was craving Mexican, exhausted, and super emotional. All that on top of my period being a few days late
  • I have a random rant. My OB wanted me to get a third round of betas because I have a history of ectopic and I'm grey/brown spotting (not my first rodeo with this). And every time I go to Quest they look at me like I'm an idiot when I say, "I have a standing order in."  And each effing time they don't have me in their system. So I have to call my OB office after hours and have it faxed the next day. As if this ain't stressful enough. And both parties swear it's the other's fault. Rant over thank you. 
  • j32444 said:
    Does anyone else want symptoms? Maybe it's because of my previous miscarriages but I feel like pregnancy symptoms actually make it real. 
     https://gph.is/2cKlprr

Even with my losses, I still don't want any more symptoms lol. 

• I had no shame today and went to Olive Garden at lunch and binge ate soup salad and breadsticks. Luckily I was alone and not with coworkers otherwise they would have been disgusted and suspicious by the amount of food I consumed. 
  • @momo214 I could live off the salad (well mainly the dressing).
  • @justsuzie that sounds infuriating! Sometimes it just seems like no one can do their jobs correctly! 
  • @char245 It seems like the more people I deal with in the medical industry I question why they got into that work because I seem to deal with insensitive people all the time.  It's pretty sad actually. 
  • @justsuzie Your siggy really makes me want to binge watch some Buffy. I've only seen a handful of episodes and I feel like I'm missing something bad.

Speaking of, siggy challenge, is that something we want to venture into?
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • @justsuzie I'm sorry you're dealing with incompetent people.  It's the worst.  And I got way more excited than I should have the first time I found out Olive Garden salad dressing is now sold in stores.  I could drink it straight, I swear.  But I don't.  I promise. 
    @artlea I think a siggy challenge would be fun!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @artlea2013 I'm totally down for siggy challenges but someone is going to have to remind me how to do them! I tried to make a ticker and it didn't work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't remember how to do tickers and I'm not good at mobile, but on desktop if you go to your preferences (the little head in the upper right corner) there's a Signature Settings button on the left hand side of the screen.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• I don't remember how to do tickers and I'm not good at mobile, but on desktop if you go to your preferences (the little head in the upper right corner) there's a Signature Settings button on the left hand side of the screen.
    Yep I know how to get to it I just can't remember the proper way to insert tickers, gifs, or pictures. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rowboat4 Sorry, I misunderstood!  The little box with a mountain looking thing in it is how to add gifs or pictures. I haven't had a ticker in a long time, but I think it's the little button that looks like a chain, you add the link in there. Maybe?  Anyone with more experience?

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 I haven't been on here in almost 3 years so everything is a little fuzzy for me haha. I'll probably try again this afternoon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'd love a siggy challenge! I've seen some funny ones before.
  • @artlea2013 I've watched the entire series 3 times. It is amazing. 
    I would love to do siggy challenge.

• I'm way behind, can someone explain a siggy challenge to me? lol
  • @char245 we pick a topic, like back to school, and put an image or gif in our signature and then vote on the best one!
  • Bringing back our randoms for the week to say that it's going to be 66 degrees here tomorrow for a high and I am so excited. Sadly, it's because of the hurricane, which makes me want to give a shout out to anyone in the US Gulf area to be safe and anyone not to consider donating through the Red Cross or myriad other shelters/relief agencies. NPR did a nice list of places taking donations
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • I bought a pair of "yummie" leggings.  High waistband. Perfect for this stage where you want to hide the bloat a bit. 
  • @justsuzie is that the brand by Heather from RHONY?
  • @mileswithmyles YES!  I am super short so I wear them with boots but the band goes over my belly button which I love!
  • Anyone else super stoked on the fact that we conceived the same cycle as the eclipse? Hubby and i watched the eclipse in totality and think its pretty rad that our tww was during that time. 
  • @kpc914 Yes! We've considered the name Nova for a girl because of that. I think that was our good luck charm. I don't know if you remember my live blog over on TTGP but I talked about how I cried uncontrollably during totality for no reason. I like to think that was a sign. I'm all about signs lol.
  • So it's not Monday, but I have nowhere else to go with this, because other than here nobody but my husband knows I'm pregnant.

I told my sister I'm pregnant, she knows we've been TTC for months and I've been getting upset at the whole process. She's also getting married October 8th and I'm in the wedding. 

Her response? "You shouldn't tell anyone else you're pregnant until you're 6 months along because I want my wedding day and the time after to myself, I don't my wedding day to be all about you."

I didn't even respond. I'm so hurt (plus the hormones) I'm bawling. 

Sorry for the DD, but that needed to come out!
  • @mrsbacz I think the only thing she would even remotely have the right to be upset about is if you announced at her wedding, which you didn't and aren't. I'm sorry that she was so unkind. And I don't get time after the wedding? Like she needs 4+ months AFTER the wedding to still remain all about her? Wut? I would just tell whoever and whenever you wanted and let her be. People can be excited about two things at once.
  • sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited September 2017
    @mrsbacz I am so sorry she had that reaction.  How insensitive!  She needs 4 months after the wedding to be the center of attention???  Hasn't it been on her the whole time she was planning the wedding, having a shower, a bachelorette party, etc.?  Wow.  I'm afraid she has a rude awakening coming because no one seems to give two sh*ts about you after the wedding is over.  No need to apologize, that's what we're here for.  
    ETA math

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• I agree, @ivyvines6.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @charlestonchew I do remember! I was so emotional during totality. Then after totality I just laid with my little cousin in awe watching the rest of it. It just felt really special and meaningful. Nova is a beautiful name. <3
  • Good for you!  On that note, I should add to the FTM questions thread about the postpartum sadness because after being in the center of attention for 9ish months, no one barely glances at you after you have the baby.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• kpc914kpc914 member
    edited September 2017
    @mrsbacz Wow your sister is being ridiculous and completely unfair. As long as you aren't announcing on her wedding/wedding weekend, it is none of her business when you decide to share your news. Sending you strength to deal with that BS. My cousin is getting married nov 12th and I am a bridesmaid. I'll be 15 weeks. I am thinking I will tell my aunts, uncles, etc around 13 weeks. Since it will be a month after her bridal shower and three weeks before the wedding. My latest worry is will the strapless bridesmaid dress I ordered 3 months ago zip up.....
  • @kpc914 I know it means nothing and everyone is different, but even with twins I was barely showing at 15 weeks.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @mrsbacz you're sister is being ridiculous. It will be all about her cause it's HER wedding ::insert eye roll emoji::
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @sandbar517 I know it's possible that I will have no issues, more concerned about the boobs more than anything. I am already a DDD. But, I was deciding between two sizes when ordering and luckily went with the bigger one. So hopefully no issues. I think I can pick it up this week.